Trophy thoughts?

Looks like it will be about the same as Jedi Outcast except you have to get the dark and light side endings but since there are cheats I imagine you could cheese those like you could in Outcast. I hope above all else though that the saving system is a lot better than Outcast since it was a hassle having to manually delete saves from the system after a while.

Either way I definitely look forward to playing this again since I put a lot of hours into it on Xbox ?

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Looks like it will be about the same as Jedi Outcast except you have to get the dark and light side endings but since there are cheats I imagine you could cheese those like you could in Outcast. I hope above all else though that the saving system is a lot better than Outcast since it was a hassle having to manually delete saves from the system after a while.

Either way I definitely look forward to playing this again since I put a lot of hours into it on Xbox 1f601.png

Completely agree with you sir!

Finally they release it lol, took them long enough ?

• Like 1

Wow, awesome to discover this is being released on PS4! I had no idea. ?

I literally just platinumed Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast a few days ago after picking it up in the recent sale. I had no idea what it was like going in, but it ended up being a huge blast of nostalgia for me and reminded me of all the old Star Wars games on PC I grew up playing with my brothers (ie. Dark Forces 1 & 2, Mysteries of the Sith, Shadows of the Empire etc.)

My friend tipped me off to this game being released today, but until I just looked it up on YouTube 5 minutes ago I had no idea it is actually the next game in the series set right after Jedi Outcast. Which is awesome!!

Trophy thoughts

In terms of the trophy list, it looks basically the same as Jedi Outcast except:

- they removed the trophy for finding all secrets (thank god!)

- they added a couple multiplayer trophies

Based on the trophy list is also looks like there’s an in-game cheat system which should make some of the more painful trophies (ie. difficulty trophies, multiple endings) a breeze if you cheese them using the cheats.

If it’s anything like Jedi Outcast you’re probably looking at a 15-20 hour platinum if you play the game legitimate, and anywhere as short as a couple hours if you use god mode and clip through walls to skip levels.

Overall, I am very excited! This looks like it will be a very fun game to platinum, just like Jedi Outcast was! ?

Multiplayer trophies can't be earned when playing against bots and the matchmaking system (for regular lightsaber Duel) seems to have a win limit of 20 before the match is over. However, I had a match never end due to reaching the 20th point from someone disconnecting when I was at 19 wins. 31 minutes went by and nobody ever joined again, so I'm guessing this removed the match as a  matchmaking session. There were no random players playing Power Duels (for Duel of the Fates) whenever I tried, but that doesn't mean nobody will ever play it :)

One thing to test for boosting is to start a bot match and invite another player. Then the game can be set to last 5 minutes or end after someone gets 3 wins. That may end up not counting for trophies either.

5 hours ago, zadorvp said:

Multiplayer trophies can't be earned when playing against bots and the matchmaking system (for regular lightsaber Duel) seems to have a win limit of 20 before the match is over. However, I had a match never end due to reaching the 20th point from someone disconnecting when I was at 19 wins. 31 minutes went by and nobody ever joined again, so I'm guessing this removed the match as a  matchmaking session. There were no random players playing Power Duels (for Duel of the Fates) whenever I tried, but that doesn't mean nobody will ever play it :)

One thing to test for boosting is to start a bot match and invite another player. Then the game can be set to last 5 minutes or end after someone gets 3 wins. That may end up not counting for trophies either.

really.. that's stupid. The only way to do MP trophies is to have a future proof way to unlock them, either like ME Andromeda with two different requirements to unlock certain trophies [one online the other off], or to have access to bots. I remember Perfect Dark Zero let you earn the achievements against bots.

• Like 3

I wish they had it the same price as jedi outcast, I did prefer playing jedi academy because the level design wasn't as confusing plus the custom character is nice. This trophy list doesn't look too bad if it's like outcast.

Unfortunately it appears you can't cheese the Jedi Master trophy the same way as the Outcast equivalent. There may be some way around it, but the method that worked for Outcast isn't popping the trophies at the end of the game.

You also can't invite players to bot matches, so it'll require 20 round wins in order to get any of the "win match" trophies (the Duel of the Fates trophy also requires you to be alone against 2 opponents and you must beat them a total of 20 times to win).