Trophy thoughts?

24 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

Unfortunately it appears you can't cheese the Jedi Master trophy the same way as the Outcast equivalent. There may be some way around it, but the method that worked for Outcast isn't popping the trophies at the end of the game.

You also can't invite players to bot matches, so it'll require 20 round wins in order to get any of the "win match" trophies (the Duel of the Fates trophy also requires you to be alone against 2 opponents and you must beat them a total of 20 times to win).

Did they improve the save system at all? 

28 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

Unfortunately it appears you can't cheese the Jedi Master trophy the same way as the Outcast equivalent. There may be some way around it, but the method that worked for Outcast isn't popping the trophies at the end of the game.

If I may ask, what exactly was your method to test this?

The reason I ask is because when I did Jedi Outcast recently, I found that the way it was described in the guide (pausing the game right as the boss is dying/entering slow motion) didn’t work for me at all.

In order to pop the difficulty trophies in that game I discovered that I had to cheese about 2/3rds of the fight, turn off cheats, save and exit to main menu, reload, then complete the last 1/3rd of the fight legitimately. Doing it this way tricked the game into thinking I did it legitimately and it popped the trophies.

If you just tested it using the former description, perhaps you can try again by completing the final stage of the boss legitimately and see if it works for you? ?

15 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

If I may ask, what exactly was your method to test this?

The reason I ask is because when I did Jedi Outcast recently, I found that the way it was described in the guide (pausing the game right as the boss is dying/entering slow motion) didn’t work for me at all.

In order to pop the difficulty trophies in that game I discovered that I had to cheese about 2/3rds of the fight, turn off cheats, save and exit to main menu, reload, then complete the last 1/3rd of the fight legitimately. Doing it this way tricked the game into thinking I did it legitimately and it popped the trophies.

If you just tested it using the former description, perhaps you can try again by completing the final stage of the boss legitimately and see if it works for you? ?

First of all, there is no slow motion death for the final boss in this game (it also has two phases, so the first death won't end the game) so the timing wouldn't work the same either way :) Second, I beat the final boss legit while trying several things. Third, I played the game normally and tested cheat disabling on the first secret area of the game - it appears that the game remember if cheats were used on a save as the previous "turn cheats off, save, close game, load" did not allow the trophy to trigger. The save right before enabling any cheats led to the secret area trophy triggering.

Just now, zadorvp said:

First of all, there is no slow motion death for the final boss in this game (it also has two phases, so the first death won't end the game) so the timing wouldn't work the same either way :) Second, I beat the final boss legit while trying several things. Third, I played the game normally and tested cheat disabling on the first secret area of the game - it appears that the game remember if cheats were used on a save as the previous "turn cheats off, save, close game, load" did not allow the trophy to trigger. The save right before enabling any cheats led to the secret area trophy triggering.

Ahh I see! It seems you were very thorough. Thank you for the clarification! ?

It is too bad about the way cheats work then. They were very useful in Jedi Outcast especially when it came to cleaning things up. Although I guess it balances out a little bit since you don’t have to collect all secrets in this game. That would be a pain to clean up without cheats!  

It would also seem that this game will be a lot harder to platinum than Jedi Outcast II. That Jedi Knight difficult is no joke! Good luck my friend.

Okay, so you can get 3 of the 4 multiplayer trophies pretty easily by doing Team FFA and having your teammates carry you but the Power Duel trophy seems like it will be really difficult. The Power Duel matches go on forever too.

Edited by Mastersturm

Yeah, after a night of playing I can confirm that the Power Duel trophy is terrible. I spent several hours in a single match going for it only to end up at 18 wins / 22 losses (you need 20 wins to win the match). Someone else joined midway through and ended up winning. So infuriating. I don't know why there isn't a time limit on this game mode, but it desperately needs one. That or the score limit reduced to no more than 10.

Edited by Mastersturm
  • Like 1

Just now, bikeman223 said:

I was kinda hoping for them to port KOTOR 1 & 2 again.

Call it a theory, but if they've done it before for mobile, they can certainly do it again just as with Outcast and Academy. The demand is certainly there, and I'm sure PlayStation and Nintendo fans are dying to get their hands on it since it's never been on their platform. That's if EA doesn't beat them to the punch with a remake, and if so god forbid it gets mishandled.

7 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

That's if EA doesn't beat them to the punch with a remake, and if so god forbid it gets mishandled.

Feel there's been a new rumour for a KOTOR remake every year for the last 5 years, so I'm not sure if there's any substance to them. Anyway It's nice that Aspyr is still working on ports related to the license. 

10 hours ago, Mastersturm said:

Yeah, after a night of playing I can confirm that the Power Duel trophy is terrible. I spent several hours in a single match going for it only to end up at 18 wins / 22 losses (you need 20 wins to win the match). Someone else joined midway through and ended up winning. So infuriating. I don't know why there isn't a time limit on this game mode, but it desperately needs one. That or the score limit reduced to no more than 10.

Yeah this one doesn't feel right at all. If the requirement was just for a single round it might be better. Can't imagine how much time in the lobby this could potentially take.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Lazy trophy icons aside, is the multiplayer local or online? Assuming local since it's an older game.

I don't think you need online to play against bots, but you'll need it to play the against other players. There is no split screen. You cannot earn any of the 4 trophies from bot matches either.

For anyone worrying about that hardest difficulty, dont worry. The only real difference is instead of having 100 health and 100 shields, its 50 each. Yes, enemies do slightly more damage, but when you have force heal and the ability to save scum, it makes it a piece of cake

Edited by WatertownsFinest
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

For anyone worrying about that hardest difficulty, dont worry. The only real difference is instead of having 100 health and 100 shields, its 50 each. Yes, enemies do slightly more damage, but when you have force heal and the ability to save scum, it makes it a piece of cake

Additionally, unlike Outcast you start with a lightsaber and can unlock Force Heal by Mission 3. Outcast's first missions could be really challenging. I also believe you have the option to skip every 5 fifth side-mission and some of the missions are easier than the others, so there's probably an ideal mission flow. I think I'll do a second play-through on Master and combine it with the Dark Side trophies.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...