New Crysis Game hinted in Cryengine Showcase Video

westersburg

The Cryengine youtube channel uploaded a video showing all the games that were made with their engine in the last decade. At the end, they showed a 12 second clip of crysis 1 finishing with the legendary line "cloak engaged" There were a few rumours in the last years that they could make another Crysis title without prophet as main character or part of the story, which would technically be a Crysis 4. Otherwise this could also mean they are going to remaster or even remake Crysis 1 or even the trilogy. Personally i already thought, that the Crysis trilogy was a missed opportunity for a remaster, because the ps3 and 360 versions were so inferior compared to pc at that time. Let me know what you think in the comments, here is the video:

• Like 4

Only played Crysis 3, the game sucked. It was a bog-standard gaming experience that delivered absolutely nothing that hasn't been seen before in so many other games. Also know or even played some of the games in this trailer and they all sucked too or I heard bad stuff about them. 

• Like 3

Well Crysis 3 is definitely the "worst" game of the trilogy. A few people complained about the linearity in crysis 2 so they tried to make crysis 3 a hybrid. Personally i loved the crysis 1 gameplay and level design, but 2 had the best moments and really brought depth into the story. The Crysis 2 and especially 3 Endings are some of the best endings for FPS. I'd rather want to see the trilogy remastered than possibly getting a 4th installment that could ruin the legacy. Personally i don't need the multiplayer, the mp trophies were a big letdown for me.

• Like 2

Don't see how this sugguests a new Crysis is coming.. It's their best known game, so obviously they'd give it the most attention. Having said that, I've been wanting a Crysis trilogy remaster or port for a few years now.

Edited by Cobby

They showed Crysis 2 and 3 already in the beginning. Crysis 1 wasn't part of the last decade and is obviously graphically inferior compared to the other titles. I agree in not getting our hopes too high, but thats definitely some kind of teaser, hint or easteregg for us.

I can see it being a remastered Crysis trilogy rather than a sequel. My takeaway from Crysis 3's ending is that the series is probably concluded. Should Crytek work on a remastered trilogy, I'd rather see it skip PS4 and go to the PS5 (and of course PC) so they don't have to hold back. We need something that amazed us like the original Crysis did at launch. I'd like to see Sony push for keyboard/mouse control on FPS titles.

The first Crysis played better in some ways, but Crysis 3 is still alright. One thing I love in the first one is that zero gravity level and also the object destruction.

On 26.3.2020 at 9:41 AM, Solid-Fisch said:

Only played Crysis 3, the game sucked. It was a bog-standard gaming experience that delivered absolutely nothing that hasn't been seen before in so many other games. Also know or even played some of the games in this trailer and they all sucked too or I heard bad stuff about them. 

Lol

Name me any FPS that offers better Gameplay than Crysis. The freedom of the Nanosuit with stealth and armor plus parcour movement (way before Titanfall or COD AW) is incredible. 

I would really love a Remaster of the Trilogy. They should also throw in Crysis Warhead (plays at the same time as Crysis 1 from Psychos perspective), which was never released on consoles. So we would even get a new game for console only players. 

And also don't forget about the amazing online mode. A multiplayer with all maps plus DLCs from Crysis 2 and 3 would be insane. 

The best thing they could do is to release the remaster of atleast the first game on August 7th, since the game starts on this day in the year 2020.

Edit 

BTW they also updated the official Crysis Facebook site and the Crysis. com website today. I surely hope it's not an april's fool joke 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

And also don't forget about the amazing online mode.

Who could forget the glory days of an online deathmatch where everyone is invisible. Don't miss that one bit.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Who could forget the glory days of an online deathmatch where everyone is invisible. Don't miss that one bit.

You could still see the enemies. It just required more skill. Also in stealth mode you died much faster and since everyone could use it any time as a core gameplay element, it wasn't overpowered. 

The stealth mode made the game extremely fast paced since it made it possible for everyone to freely move around the map. In other multiplayers you usually have some kind of frontline in the middle between the spawns. In Crysis this wasn't the case, which made it a lot more fun. Hunting and being hunted. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

it wasn't overpowered. 

It may not have been overpowered, but balanced doesn't necessarily equal fun.

I don't know, I only played Crysis 2 back in the day, but it's okay for people to not like some things. The guy just didn't have fun playing 3, which is apparently the worst of them anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I would really love a Remaster of the Trilogy. They should also throw in Crysis Warhead (plays at the same time as Crysis 1 from Psychos perspective), which was never released on consoles. So we would even get a new game for console only players. 

I've played CW and enjoyed it. One thing that was taken out of the original Crysis when it came to console was the VTOL air combat stage, "Ascension". A remastered version needs to bring that back. What I'd want would be 60 FPS and K&M support. With Modern Warfare 2019 having K&M, other FPS devs should follow that lead.

I don't really compare other FPS to Crysis, because IMO it is unique with its cloaking mechanic and other suit powers... only Crysis is Crysis.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I don't know, I only played Crysis 2 back in the day, but it's okay for people to not like some things. The guy just didn't have fun playing 3, which is apparently the worst of them anyway.

The only bad thing was the mission with that buggy car. And the campaign could have been longer like Crysis 2. But then again they only had 2 years for part 3, while they had 4 years for part 2. 

I still believe they should have released the third game as a PS4 launch title end of 2013 instead as one of the last ps3 games in the beginning of 2013. 

I played them all on PC and PS3 and the graphics on PS3, while amazing for a ps3, are nothing compared to PC. So showing off some nice graphics as a Next-gen launch title would have helped the games reputation a lot imho. 

• Like 2

This would be great, especially with the right gameplay improvements. It's among one of the many shooter franchises I want remastered/remade, next to Resistance, Killzone, Dead Space, and inFAMOUS. Borderlands and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2x) was already taken care of. All three games are mostly good, but the major issue with Crysis 3 is the little innovation. However, like most third+ installments, it didn't have as much development time as Crysis 2.

The online multiplayer is definitely fun. Spent a lot of time playing it in Crysis 2 and Crysis 3, especially the former. Even reboot that Nanosuit multiple times. Would appreciate the return of it if the trilogy is remastered. More replay-value.

• Like 4

K&M controls on console are dumb and just noob support for former pc players, who are too lazy to learn the controls of a controller.

I know that K&M is superior in precision and reaction time, but you can just play pc if you feel the urge to play with it. So do I.

Back to topic:

8 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Lol

Name me any FPS that offers better Gameplay than Crysis. The freedom of the Nanosuit with stealth and armor plus parcour movement (way before Titanfall or COD AW) is incredible. 

And also don't forget about the amazing online mode. A multiplayer with all maps plus DLCs from Crysis 2 and 3 would be insane. 

The best thing they could do is to release the remaster of atleast the first game on August 7th, since the game starts on this day in the year 2020.

Edit 

BTW they also updated the official Crysis Facebook site and the Crysis. com website today. I surely hope it's not an april's fool joke 

I agree with the freedom of the gameplay and i really enjoyed it, but freedom isn't always better. My favorite Crysis is crysis 2, because linear gameplay comes often hand in hand with a straight forward storyline. I really hope for a remaster of the trilogy, because you would get both types of gameplay.

Since the multiplayer was very controversial at the time, i would only want them to bring it back with 2 changes. Dedicated servers on all platforms (P2P hosting in this game was horrible and clearly inferior to other titles at the time like CoD) and i want them to remove the online trophies or at least make them less time consuming. Crysis 3 was ok.

August 7th would be indeed a great release date, but i can't wait to play these games again with at least pc graphics, so i would rather play them sooner than later :D. Would be awesome if they include Crysis Warhead since it was never released on consoles.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

You're right dude. Only played 3 but it's enough for me to decide I will not put my hands on the other ones. I won't even argue with that Sinthoras_96 guy because he's biased (I mean he has a Prophet avatar so you can't expect him to be capable of criticism). If this series is his holy grail, so be it. It surely isn't mine. There have been a bunch of other FPS games that were way more enjoyable for me. As you said: "it's okay for people to not like some things". Most people understand, some don't. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

You're right dude. Only played 3 but it's enough for me to decide I will not put my hands on the other ones. I won't even argue with that Sinthoras_96 guy because he's biased (I mean he has a Prophet avatar so you can't expect him to be capable of criticism). If this series is his holy grail, so be it. It surely isn't mine. There have been a bunch of other FPS games that were way more enjoyable for me. As you said: "it's okay for people to not like some things". Most people understand, some don't. 

Have to agree, only played some of 2 and beaten 3 and they're pretty mediocre FPS titles. The gameplay isn't the worst, but the writing is. Prophet has a pretty horrible voice actor in 3 as well, just reads every line the same deadpan voice. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I could say the same about you and your Red Dead Online fetish, which imho is one of the worst multiplayer experiences of all time. 

I actually had a discussion with you about that in these forums here iirc, where you told me that I have no idea about the game and stuff like that. 

So I guess you are one of the people who "don't understand" ;)

And seriously, why would you only play the third game of a story trilogy and be surprised that you didn't enjoy it that much? 

It would be the same as if someone played only Killzone Shadow Fall (worst Killzone entry by far) and commented on a topic about a Killzone 1/2/3 Remake that the Killzone series sucks.

25 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Have to agree, only played some of 2 and beaten 3 and they're pretty mediocre FPS titles. The gameplay isn't the worst, but the writing is. Prophet has a pretty horrible voice actor in 3 as well, just reads every line the same deadpan voice. 

So you call that horrible voice acting and writing? 

You know, I played games like Ride to Hell or Mindjack, THAT is horrible voice acting and writing. 

• Like 1

Crysis has good voice acting in german and english. Can't say anything to lipsync but who gives a damn about that.

Crysis 3 is the weakest entry of the trilogy so you can't judge the trilogy after playing just that one. If you inspect it as a whole trilogy, it's a masterpiece and one of the best fps experiences without doubt (singleplayer). Judging people by an avatar is the dumbest thing ive ever heared.

So @Sinthoras_96 is obviously a crysis fanboy, @SnowxSakura is a japan novels fanboy and i'm a modern warfare 2 fanboy. Stupid. We might just like it, that doesn't mean we are blind for criticism.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, westersburg said:

Crysis has good voice acting in german and english. Can't say anything to lipsync but who gives a damn about that.

Crysis 3 is the weakest entry of the trilogy so you can't judge the trilogy after playing just that one. If you inspect it as a whole trilogy, it's a masterpiece and one of the best fps experiences without doubt (singleplayer). Judging people by an avatar is the dumbest thing ive ever heared.

So @Sinthoras_96 is obviously a crysis fanboy, @SnowxSakura is a japan novels fanboy and i'm a modern warfare 2 fanboy. Stupid. We might just like it, that doesn't mean we are blind for criticism.

How does my username make me a novel fanboy? You're really reaching there with the insults

I have more shooter games than anything else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by SnowxSakura

Well, having played the trilogy, I can honestly say that I would LOVE a Crysis remaster. Crysis 2 was the peak of the series as a whole. Crysis 3 wasn’t the same and it felt rushed and watered down IMHO. Like it would’ve been amazing to fight the leader of those aliens on their ship instead of a generic “shoot them out the sky” way to end it. I liked how the suit and prophet became one after the fact, but the ending could’ve been better. Wouldn’t mind seeing a new entry into the series as I feel that it wasn’t the end of those aliens. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

How does my username make me a novel fanboy? You're really reaching there with the insults

I have more shooter games than anything else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You got me completely wrong. I was just refering to the insults of solidfish. I didn't want to insult anyone. I wanted to prove, that it is bs to judge someone by his avatar. Yours is an anime teen girl. That's where the novel reference came from.

• Like 3