New Crysis Game hinted in Cryengine Showcase Video

westersburg

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71834/new-crysis-game-may-not-be-remaster-but-an-online-multiplayer/index.html

It may not be a remaster but an online multiplayer only game, they're saying here? Hopefully this isn't the case. Remastered versions of Crysis 1, 2, 3, and Warhead would be fine. Just imagine them cranked to 11 for PS5 and Xbox Series X. That's what I want.

I hope not. Although the mp had some fans, it was definitely the weaker part of the series. Problem is, i can imagine this to happen, cause Crytek has focussed so much on mp in the last couple of years (Hunt Showdown, Warface). I'd still be in if they remaster the first one including Crysis Wars (Multiplayer Part), as i had some fun with it back in 2009 as a 14 year old, but i never played it seriously and i heared it was unballanced as hell.

Edited by westersburg

4 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

All right. Take my money twice... once for PS4, and again for PC.

Switch's version will probably be like the last-gen ones, just with a 60 FPS target.

60 Fps would be nice on console as well, but im afraid that they'll focus on the graphics and not on performance. A high resolution 25-30fps game like most of the cry engine console versions would be disappointing.

20 hours ago, westersburg said:

60 Fps would be nice on console as well, but im afraid that they'll focus on the graphics and not on performance. A high resolution 25-30fps game like most of the cry engine console versions would be disappointing.

It would be a letdown, but somehow I can see that happening... then once the PS5 and XSX get launched, they release another version for the next-gens with 60.

I wouldn't be surprised if the release date for PS4/X1/Switch/PC turns out to be 14 August 2020 (which is when the game's timeline begins).

• Like 2

Well damn. I've had the trilogy on PS3 for years now and just never got around to playing them. Might as well kick the PS3 version out of my backlog and consider it a wasted purchase and just get the PS4 version instead. 

Kind of annoying though that this didn't just end up being a Crysis Remastered Collection though...all three games for the price of one, WITHOUT MP. If this works out, I can see them remastering these individually and making us pay 3 times.

55 minutes ago, Viper said:

Kind of annoying though that this didn't just end up being a Crysis Remastered Collection though...all three games for the price of one, WITHOUT MP. If this works out, I can see them remastering these individually and making us pay 3 times.

Well, don't buy them 3 times then. :P

I would surely pay $60 to get the full trilogy. The first one has the best object damage system IMO. Just check out the destruction in the below YT vid. Someone is having almost a little too much fun wrecking stuff. I love it. ? Not even C2 does it like that. Crysis 3 is still good if not great... I thought the C3 campaign was a tad short.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Well damn. I've had the trilogy on PS3 for years now and just never got around to playing them. Might as well kick the PS3 version out of my backlog and consider it a wasted purchase and just get the PS4 version instead. 

If these remastered versions have big visual differences, then im fine to get charged 30-40 € max for each game. PS3 version had a prize of 20€, so they won't charge 60€ then i guess.

Also, you can definitely play this game twice. The time to platinum is fairly short (around 10-15 hours) and there's nothing too hard in it. Game is worth it!

Edited by westersburg

On 2.4.2020 at 0:20 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

Name me any FPS that offers better Gameplay than Crysis.

The Original F.E.A.R. still has one of the best combat in any game that i have ever played. it may not hold up to the freedom you have in crysis (only the original though, 2 sucked ass the third one was alright) but the gunplay is still far more enjoyable to me than in crysis. there is also the original half life which basically revolutionized the shooter genre but I'm not counting that because it admittedly hasn't aged well.

17 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

The Original F.E.A.R. still has one of the best combat in any game that i have ever played. it may not hold up to the freedom you have in crysis (only the original though, 2 sucked ass the third one was alright) but the gunplay is still far more enjoyable to me than in crysis. there is also the original half life which basically revolutionized the shooter genre but I'm not counting that because it admittedly hasn't aged well.

The AI in fear 1 is phenomenal even to this day

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

The AI in Fear was heavily scripted afaik

That's not true at all. apart from them reacting to your flashlight, they get to cover when on low hp, flush you out with grenades when you camp too long, try to push you from multiple sides and so on. there are many videos that analyse the ai of that game and, considering the time it was release, the ai is actually pretty impressive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

That's not true at all. apart from them reacting to your flashlight, they get to cover when on low hp, flush you out with grenades when you camp too long, try to push you from multiple sides and so on. there are many videos that analyse the ai of that game and, considering the time it was release, the ai is actually pretty impressive.

Ok grenade spam is a script for sure, as it mostly happens when you dont move or move to little for quite some time. Grendades coming out of nowhere are very infamous in FPS. I can't say anything to F.E.A.R.1 but i just wanted to point that out.

Rest sounds pretty advanced and intelligent especially pushing from multiple directions etc.

23 minutes ago, westersburg said:

thats exactly what i posted 7 hours ago

Shoot, I missed that. Now that I found your post, I tried to pull up this tweet... and it is saying "this tweet is unavailable".

I can't wait to see what the TAC Launcher's blast looks like this time. Here's the PC version of original Crysis with a photorealistic mod. It probably won't be quite this crazy in the official release of CR. Here the TAC blast starts off with a blinding flash. The shock waves tear up a building, shake the trees, and even snap one.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

Ok it's official now. The announced crysis remaster is only a remaster of the original first installment. Warhead or 2 and 3 are not included. All the mentionings about "campaigns" were probably just refering to the fact, that there are multiple remasters in terms of multiple platforms.

Source: https://www.inverse.com/gaming/crysis-remastered-warhead-expansion-sequels

@Sinthoras_96 I guess i have to play the pc version then

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, westersburg said:

Extremely disappointing.

The only other factors left that could persuade me to get day one is 60fps, modernized A.I. and stealth, other significant changes to gameplay (things like the ability to tag enemies with binoculars, edge grabs, momentum physics for power jump when used in speed mode just like regular jump, etc, and some improvements from Crysis 2), and price tag, which has to be $20-30 like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 remastered to make up for the shortcomings: no OMP, no other installments, likely no substantial new single player content, probably no bonus features, etc. If i'm going to play a solo remaster of a game that's known as a series, then i'm going to need this game to take at least majority the opportunity to make it the best version it could ever be and never be if constrained to a collection of other remasters. Can't just be improved graphics, improved resolution, better framerate, reduced loading times and little tweaks; no basic remaster please.

An additional comment regarding the price is that if it were $20, that would be perfect, especially for people like Viper. Technically, if the other installments were remastered and given the $20 price tag, it'd still be for the price of one.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1