Throttling of Europe's internet speed seems to be affecting performance

Asimb0mb

For those who aren't in the know, earlier this week Sony announced that they would throttle Europe's internet speed on all Playstation platforms to decrease bandwidth usage. Sucks for me because I live in Europe. I do a decent amount of remote play on Vita, but that's now impossible because the stream is extremely choppy.

Since yesterday evening, I also noticed that this seems to be affecting Nioh 2's performance. Due to lower internet speeds, the game struggles to communicate other players' red and blue graves. When it finally manages to place all of the graves in the level, the game gets quite choppy for a second. Nothing crazy, but certainly distracting.

Can anyone else confirm this? If this is actually a common thing among players, it might be a good idea to play the game offline for the time being.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

For those who aren't in the know, earlier this week Sony announced that they would throttle Europe's internet speed on all Playstation platforms to decrease bandwidth usage. Sucks for me because I live in Europe. I do a decent amount of remote play on Vita, but that's now impossible because the stream is extremely choppy.

Since yesterday evening, I also noticed that this seems to be affecting Nioh 2's performance. Due to lower internet speeds, the game struggles to communicate other players' red and blue graves. When it finally manages to place all of the graves in the level, the game gets quite choppy for a second. Nothing crazy, but certainly distracting.

Can anyone else confirm this? If this is actually a common thing among players, it might be a good idea to play the game offline for the time being.

It's not just Sony, alot of internet service providers are throttling bandwidth too because of so many people working from home at once and people generally using the internet for longer periods more frequently. It makes sense why they would be doing this to be honest and I find it hard to complain considering why it's being done.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

It's not just Sony, alot of internet service providers are throttling bandwidth too because of so many people working from home at once and people generally using the internet for longer periods more frequently. It makes sense why they would be doing this to be honest and I find it hard to complain considering why it's being done.

Exactly. Netflix and other companies were in talks with government agencies to ensure this, not just SONY.

It sucks, but is understandable like Crispy_Oglop mentioned.

bmg_ps.png