Kazuma_Kiryu1996

Is this possible without a wheel?

32 posts in this topic

I'm stuck at licence A-7, and AMG special event (first phase of Nurburgring), and I think that I won't be able to do 100 of this game without a wheel. But it costs too much for my wallet. What do you think about this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible to do everything with the DS3 and automatic gears (well, maybe not Vettel challenges, since I did everything with the DS3 except that I glitched Vettel challenges... And I used automatic gears all the time, or at least 99% of the time) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won all races with a controller except the last Nascar race and the Vettel Challenges. I had some troubles with full lap dry road  Nordschleife in AMG event and reduced or disabled every help like stabilisators ABS and alike

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2020 at 2:43 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

It's possible to do everything with the DS3 and automatic gears (well, maybe not Vettel challenges, since I did everything with the DS3 except that I glitched Vettel challenges... And I used automatic gears all the time, or at least 99% of the time) 

You glitched Vettel challenges? Never heard it could happen. How did it happen to you?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, doctor_crusader said:

You glitched Vettel challenges? Never heard it could happen. How did it happen to you?

By glitching Vettel Challenges I'm talking about the "break the track barriers and drive outside / underneath the track". 

 

Doing that it's possible to trigger the several track checkpoints without doing proper laps and tricking the game to consider it as full laps. 

 

PD patched it several times, each time making it harder to actually glitch and I'm not sure how hard it is to do in the last patch of the game. 

 

I'm quite sure that there are a lot of videos on YouTube demonstrating this. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it's possible with a DS3, there's only one race that it was very hard with a controller I think it was called the vettel races or something, I remember there was a YouTube videos about it on how to beat it with a DS3... something to do with driving at top speed or should I say building speed off the racing course and the game won't give you a panalty for cheating.

 

GT6 is a different story, poly phony really want people to buy a racing wheel for it onward to GT Sport.

Edited by yellowwindow7
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the plat recently and I will say that golding the Vettel challenges wouldn't have been possible without a wheel

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing Vettel challenges are almost impossible without a good wheel.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did everything without the wheel, but it was definitely the hardest platinum I've ever achieved. If you don't have the patience to retry the X1 challenges at least 100 times each, don't even bother with this platinum.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vettel Challenges with a DS3 rank at the top of the hardest tasks in all of gaming for me. Took literally weeks of sustained practice and dedication. I've heard it's much easier with a wheel but it was never an option for me. You either fork out the cash for the wheel or knuckle down and persevere. Or glitch it, which many have done. If not for the glitch method hardly anyone would have this platinum.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with a few others I earned the platinum using a DS3 and it's by the far the most difficult I've ever achieved due to the Vettel events. In my honest opinion if you're struggling in the licences and AMG events to the point of considering buying a wheel then it's very unlikely you will 100% this game using a controller as the Vettel events are on a completely different level to anything else in the game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 7:05 PM, lion1325478 said:

As with a few others I earned the platinum using a DS3 and it's by the far the most difficult I've ever achieved due to the Vettel events. In my honest opinion if you're struggling in the licences and AMG events to the point of considering buying a wheel then it's very unlikely you will 100% this game using a controller as the Vettel events are on a completely different level to anything else in the game.

I agree. Took me a (albeit full) day to do all AMG challenges and about 4 hours to do the alfa romeo one (can't remember what it was called) with the DS3; playing around with the settings trivialises most the challenges. However the vettel challenges were an eternity with it. If I remember it took me a solid week just to do 'easy' Monza. Trying to do the colin mcrae dlc for dirt 2.0 atm and its safe to say I'm having flashbacks to this. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is possible without a wheel, as many claimed to do it with DS3-only.

However it's absurdly hard, but can be glitched if you play unpatched.

When I decide to clear GT5 out of my backlog, I'll delete my saves and patches and try to do most progress I can on 1.00, glitching Vettel challenges if possible

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did all with the DS3 back in the day. The vettel challenges at the beggining were impossible due the sensibility regarding with the controller. But PD patched so you could change the sensibility to max. 7. The difference was brutal. was very challenging and Suzuka got me stuck for at least a week. Was a tough challenge and im proud of platinun that game without using the a wheel.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got Gold on Monza in 2 hours 30 minutes (02:03:652) from never having tried it to finishing it with a DS3. How much more difficult are Nurb and Suzuka? What chance do I have in getting gold on the other 2 tracks with the DS3 considering that took me 2hr30?

Edited by willmill97
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I just got Gold on Monza in 2 hours 30 minutes (02:03:652) from never having tried it to finishing it with a DS3. How much more difficult are Nurb and Suzuka? What chance do I have in getting gold on the other 2 tracks with the DS3 considering that took me 2hr30?

 

I have recently just cleared the Sebestian Vettel X challenges, I only have Bronze on them but Suzuka took me 30 minutes to get a bronze. I would say Suzuka is probably the hardest one to gold in my opinion, you need to be rapid to get a gold. I'm a pad player as well, I think it's possible for you to finish them with a gold but if Monza took that long I can see Suzuka taking 5+ hours just because of how easy it is to veer off track resulting in disqualification.

 

The hardest section of the track for Suzuka is the bending S at the start of the track and the airpin before the finish line. How far away are you from the gold times on Suzuka and Nurburgring? If your close then it should be within your reach but ultimately it comes down to how many times you want to attempt it.

 

Best of luck to you!

Edited by LancashireLad87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2020 at 3:43 PM, LancashireLad87 said:

 

I have recently just cleared the Sebestian Vettel X challenges, I only have Bronze on them but Suzuka took me 30 minutes to get a bronze. I would say Suzuka is probably the hardest one to gold in my opinion, you need to be rapid to get a gold. I'm a pad player as well, I think it's possible for you to finish them with a gold but if Monza took that long I can see Suzuka taking 5+ hours just because of how easy it is to veer off track resulting in disqualification.

 

The hardest section of the track for Suzuka is the bending S at the start of the track and the airpin before the finish line. How far away are you from the gold times on Suzuka and Nurburgring? If your close then it should be within your reach but ultimately it comes down to how many times you want to attempt it.

 

Best of luck to you!


After nearly 20 hours on Nürburgring, I finally beat this pain in this ass track, again with the DS3!

 

Suzuka I haven’t even attempted yet! How far away are you from the golds?

Edited by willmill97
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a controller or a wheel would matter.

 

Lol the only thing you need is good eyes/reaction time. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, willmill97 said:


After nearly 20 hours on Nürburgring, I finally beat this pain in this ass track, again with the DS3!

 

Suzuka I haven’t even attempted yet! How far away are you from the golds?

 

Congrats man, jeez 20 hours on Nurburgring! I'm not looking forward to attempting that. I'm miles away from the Gold times, I think Monza I got a 2.07.900 ish which is my best time. All of my leisure time has been spent on the endurance series of late, I have just entered the 9 hour one thankfully it's B-Spec. I'm still trying to find the Formula GT in the used car dealership but I haven't managed to find it yet. My game data shows I'm at day 800 or so, it looks like you have the skill to get the last gold on Suzuka, hopefully it doesn't take you 20 hours to beat it. Best of luck to you!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey willmill, I think that's pretty impressive that you did it all the red bull challenges with the ds3 it shows the difficulty is probably around 25 to 30% harder or so without a wheel.  If not even more of a difficulty curve.  I think it took me 10 to 15 tops with a wheel if not less.  What I remember from when I did this game back in 2016, I used a wheel and at first you're worse I find with the wheel but when you get used to it, it becomes way easier to get faster lap times than with a ds3.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, everything can be done on a DS3. Especially if you make use of glitches. Delete the game data and reinstall the game. Now download and install all updates up to the sixth one (1.10). As soon as update 7 starts (62 MB) press :circle: to cancel. This turns the most difficult challenge in the game into a cakewalk.

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2020 at 9:54 PM, Baka_Marimo said:

Yup, everything can be done on a DS3. Especially if you make use of glitches. Delete the game data and reinstall the game. Now download and install all updates up to the sixth one (1.10). As soon as update 7 starts (62 MB) press :circle: to cancel. This turns the most difficult challenge in the game into a cakewalk.

*SNIPPY SNIP*

You've just made me rebuy GT5, going to do some clear up. Vettel stopped me in my tracks, so gave up with the rest too. So thanks :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.11.2020 at 10:47 AM, OpenScars said:

*SNIPPY SNIP*

You've just made me rebuy GT5, going to do some clear up. Vettel stopped me in my tracks, so gave up with the rest too. So thanks :D

 

Did this too. I managed to get gold on the first two challanges but on the third (Suzuka) i always ended in silver -.-
But the grind on level 40 A-Spec is so tedious. Which level do you have right now? I am 39 now and have to drive the Nürburgring 4h circuit 5 more times.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FantasticZro said:

 

Did this too. I managed to get gold on the first two challanges but on the third (Suzuka) i always ended in silver -.-
But the grind on level 40 A-Spec is so tedious. Which level do you have right now? I am 39 now and have to drive the Nürburgring 4h circuit 5 more times.

Hey man, I'm actually not sure until my copy turns up.
I've done Spec B.... so hoping I'm close?! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.