Is it just me?

Is it just me or is Crushing difficulty actually pretty hard and frustrating in this game?

- I consider myself a decent gamer when it comes to difficulty, I like playing with a challenge but I can't stand this game and its difficulty

- Right when I think I've cleared out the area I'll leave my cover and grab some ammo, and 4 new guys will show up out of no where and by the time I try to double back, their shot gun snipes me and I'm restarting at the checkpoint.

- and I don't know how many times I've gone to make the jump and Drake doesn't pull his weight.

I'm not giving up and I know I'll eventually finish it, I just might end the game with at least a thousand deaths.

Just looking for some other people that feel the same way and having the same experience. 

RandyXL.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyXL said:

Is it just me or is Crushing difficulty actually pretty hard and frustrating in this game?

- I consider myself a decent gamer when it comes to difficulty, I like playing with a challenge but I can't stand this game and its difficulty

- Right when I think I've cleared out the area I'll leave my cover and grab some ammo, and 4 new guys will show up out of no where and by the time I try to double back, their shot gun snipes me and I'm restarting at the checkpoint.

- and I don't know how many times I've gone to make the jump and Drake doesn't pull his weight.

I'm not giving up and I know I'll eventually finish it, I just might end the game with at least a thousand deaths.

Just looking for some other people that feel the same way and having the same experience. 

RandyXL.png

These games are chock full of cheap deaths but they are still very doable but I agree very frustrating

10 minutes ago, RandyXL said:

Crushing difficulty is supposed to be hard.  The clue is in the name. :P

Kidding aside, yeah it is pretty tough in this game.  There are loads of basically one-shot deaths, mainly from the guys with shotguns and laser-equipped handguns (TAU snipers?) and it is easy to mistime, or simply miss, a jump due to some awkward camera angles.  But you'll get there.  Just stick with it.

• Like 2

It's more cheap and bad design than hard, most annoying part for me was the jeep chase. One thing that helps is using the cover to shoot round where most of the time they can't hit you. If you really struggle use the tweak exploit.  2&3 are much harder imo. If these didn't gave so many exploits the plats would be much more rare. 

Edited by GUDGER666

6 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It's more cheap and bad design than hard, most annoying part for me was the jeep chase. One thing that helps is using the cover to shoot round where most of the time they can't hit you. If you really struggle use the tweak exploit.  2&3 are much harder imo. If these didn't gave so many exploits the plats would be much more rare. 

I think you are referring to Brutal, the OP is talking about Crushing. lol

1 hour ago, RandyXL said:

RandyXL.png

In my opinion, Drake's Fortune is the most difficult game in the franchise -- unless you can't enable cheats in A Thief's End, then it is clearly the most difficult. The library section in the first game gave me a hard time back in the day. I haven't tried Brutal difficulty, though. But, I can say that each game gets less frustrating.

Nah. It's not just you mate. I learned the hard way when I played crushing off the bat. Often times you will get two shotted out of cover, couple that with the pinpoint accuracy of the AI, and it can sometimes seem unfair and unbalanced.

That said, every encounter is predefined with a set amount of enemies, waves, and spawn triggers. So, memorizing some of the larger encounters should save you alot of headache. 

I'd agree with a lot of opinions here though, that the game has some pretty cheap AI. Wouldn't say it's bad design, just really unfavorable to the player.

• Like 1

If you’re having trouble with Crushing then you’re definitely going to struggle with Brutal. The advice i can give you is to go for headshots and use the cover aim where your gun looks like it’s pointing to the wall but your reticle is on target and will still kill. Also when enemies are close, just blindly shoot them. You’ll get used to it and get through that and Brutal difficultly if you’re going for that

For me, it wasn’t really difficult. Some parts were more frustrating than others but most the time, it’s about timing your shots, knowing when to come out of cover and using grenades effectively

• Like 1

I beat this on PS3 and PS4 without tweaks, but I have certainly caused myself some kind of heart condition. I haven't had any trouble once I realized that I shouldn't use the cover (circle), and when there are open areas, it's best to keep moving, specifically towards enemies that you are already shooting at. Headshots matter, dodging matters, softening with gunfire + finishing punch can be a lifesaver, don't use heavy weapons if you don't need them on the spot, save them for tougher encounters. Like grenades, etc.

31 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

I beat this on PS3 and PS4 without tweaks, but I have certainly caused myself some kind of heart condition. I haven't had any trouble once I realized that I shouldn't use the cover (circle), and when there are open areas, it's best to keep moving, specifically towards enemies that you are already shooting at. Headshots matter, dodging matters, softening with gunfire + finishing punch can be a lifesaver, don't use heavy weapons if you don't need them on the spot, save them for tougher encounters. Like grenades, etc.

Tweaks can't be used in the ps3 version, so everyone did it without tweaks on ps3. ;-) It was though at times, but it's mostly anticipating where they come from and make headshots. Don't be too hasty.

As a new player who started playing on Crushing right away, I think it is really hard, yes, but in a good way: I consider it fair and doable with just little dedication, there are some annoying parts but they are nothing of impossible.

The real bullshit is brutal.

Crushing has nothing on Brutal which I thank God I had the physical edition of the remastered collection so I could glitch activate Tweaks. 

As for Crushing in the first game, I found it second only to U4 (without Tweaks). Try shooting from corners without actually entering cover and switching shoulder views for different angles. They fixed this in 2&3 but it is very useful in 1.

• Like 1

Glad to see I'm not the only one, I'm very persistent and know ill eventually get it done. Not touching Brutal difficulty though. 

I'd rather save my frustration for the remaining titles. (Which I've already platinumed on ps3) 
then Eventually ill et around to completing Uncharted 4... I hope.

and you can use tweaks on Brutal difficulty and the trophy will still pop? 
that gives me a little incentive to try it with unlimited ammo..

and that probably means I can play it on Crushing with tweaks too if I had followed the guide and beat the game on hard first with the collection walkthrough..
but I'm not usually one to play a game twice unless its for a platinum 

On 3/27/2020 at 9:20 AM, RandyXL said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one, I'm very persistent and know ill eventually get it done. Not touching Brutal difficulty though. 

I'd rather save my frustration for the remaining titles. (Which I've already platinumed on ps3) 
then Eventually ill et around to completing Uncharted 4... I hope.

and you can use tweaks on Brutal difficulty and the trophy will still pop? 
that gives me a little incentive to try it with unlimited ammo..

and that probably means I can play it on Crushing with tweaks too if I had followed the guide and beat the game on hard first with the collection walkthrough..
but I'm not usually one to play a game twice unless its for a platinum 

Yes you can use Tweaks on Brutal, you have to do some faffing around to get to work and it can only be done with the disc version due to the download version automatically installing the most recent version. Do some Googling for how if you have the disc version as I do not remember the steps.

you're not the only one. The uncharted games are good but it seems that it's almost unplayable on high difficulties ( Hard, Crushing, and Brutal). Especially in the on-rails shooters part and vehicles parts as you get little cover and you can die in more or less <5 bullets and EVERYONE IS A GODDAMN SNIPER.

There's this checkpoint in Chapter 14 in Uncharted 2 on the train which puts you on top of the train. There's this dude with a pistol on top as well two carts away. Typically you can just get down to avoid him or just getting lucky and shoot him from a distance. However on Brutal difficulty (and crushing), the man will out right kill you before you're able to move, you have like 1-2 second to move before being killed and respawining in a kill box. Here's a video showing my pain 

• Like 1

Abuse the crosshair you can cover yourself without getting hit. There’s also a part where you skip chapter 8 till 15 or so if you abuse wall glitches( and a lot more throughout the game) The first is the easiest of them all because it’s beyond broken which makes it fun. 

Personally I only abused all those things on brutal because a big fuck you whoever came up with that?

• 2 months later...

for me i am definitely can enjoy hard on this game its not that hard you just retried a couple of times. but the jump from hard to crushing is just too high because of the AI headshots. sometimes you did everything perfect until 1 guy just decided to spawn and headshot you from miles away 

Edited by WhiteRaito
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...