Is it just me?

Crushing is toned down in the remaster compared to the original. The 60fps definitely helps in aiming. Be patient, stay in cover and get those headshots in.

Currently doing a brutal playthrough and even with tweaks enabled its difficult. The Jeep turret section took many attempts to get past. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I felt the exact same way on crushing difficulty. I don't know what it is about it on this game but it is so hard. There is this one room on the fortress which took me 3 or 4 different play sessions to finally get through. I can't imagine what it would be like to play through this game on brutal. Don't worry about playing crushing on Uncharted 2 though. Either the difficulty is toned down on that or Naughty Dog fixed the cover system because that felt like a breeze compared to this games crushing.

• 2 months later...

Aha.. I just cleared the first 16 chapters on crushing in less than 5 hours (I was streaming that's how I kept track of the timer) crushing difficulty isn't that hard. I even mentioned that it seemed more difficult on the ps3 than it does on the ps4. Maybe I'll sing a different tune when I'm playing brutal for the 100% lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 6:02 AM, Folgers101 said:

Aha.. I just cleared the first 16 chapters on crushing in less than 5 hours (I was streaming that's how I kept track of the timer) crushing difficulty isn't that hard. I even mentioned that it seemed more difficult on the ps3 than it does on the ps4. Maybe I'll sing a different tune when I'm playing brutal for the 100% lol

Just finished brutal. Took like 12 hours with no tweaks. Wasn't all that bad the blue room the church and the end chapter gave me some troubles the rest of the time I just aimed for the heads and didn't stay out of cover for more than a couple seconds.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Same as Folger just finished my brutal run with no tweaks. Took me between 10-15 hours across 3 days. Think i am about average or a bit above average when it comes to 3rd person shooters so think most of the people on PSNP can do it if they put ther mind into it. For me the most difficult bits was the earlie chapters especially chapter 5 and the last chapter which in my opinion has the only luck based checkpoint in the game. That being said totaly understand way people use the exploit to make it easier on them selfs (I have also done that on other games), but i think there is alot of gratification of know you did it legit. I aslo think that more people should talk about games being hard has a good thing, in my opinion "gimme" plats are not fun nor satisfaying. The platinum hunt should preferably bring some challange.

With that in mind brutal mode is bit to tough and game was not designed for it. You can clearly see that from needing luck to pass some sections (when you are locked into an animation and can still take damage). Answereing the orignal post, yes crushing is challanging, but completly fair. It givs some challange to the platinum and i think that is great. When it comes to brutal use a exploit if you must, but its very forfilling knowing that you manage to do something alot of people cant or wont bother to do.

Good luck with the hunt!

• 5 months later...

I think Uncharted Drake’s Fortune is the hardest one when it comes to crushing difficulty.  The main reason is the gameplay that feels a bit clunky. Drake’s movements are not precise, for example it’s easy to die when jumping as Drake slides everytime he lands. 
However it’s not that hard once you get used to it. You mustn’t be greedy and sometimes it’s better to aim without covering, that’s it. 
it’s absolutely doable with a bit of patience and skill. If you pass chapter 4, then you can finish the game. 

Brutal is when this game breaks. I’d understand some complaints only for this difficulty. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I am on Chapter 13 on crushing difficulty and this is my first Uncharted game. I have never played one before. For me, playing on crushing as my first play-through has completely taken the joy out of playing this game. I do not care about the story/characters (of which there isn't much any tbh); I only dread the next enemy encounter. As for the difficulty, if you are unfamiliar with the enemy positions it's going to be very hard. I hate the surprise wave of enemies ambushing you from behind (which is pretty cheap) after clearing an incredibly difficult wave just gets frustrating after a certain point. Having to clear the previous waves all over again is just not fun with how the game is designed. Playing the game using the cover mechanic will get you killed fast. You have to be behind cover and not in it to get anywhere in this game, which I assume is not how the game is intended to be played. I am probably not going to touch Brutal after experiencing this. Crushing a has enough cheap sections, I can only image what Brutal is going to be. I would recommend playing this game on Normal for new comers.

8 hours ago, boorish_brute said:

I also think Drake's Fortune on Crushing was quite infuriating at some parts. I found Among Thieves and Drake's Deception easier. I've never touched the Brutal difficulty, though.

P.S. A Thief's End and Lost Legacy are obviously the easiest since you can enable in-game cheats. :D

• Like 2

On 2020-08-12 at 3:15 PM, swordcurry said:

I felt the exact same way on crushing difficulty. I don't know what it is about it on this game but it is so hard.

I remember playing this on the PS3 and OP is right, it’s hard as hell. But the reason that Crushing difficulty is so hard in Drake’s Fortune compared to the rest of the Uncharted games is largely due to poor game design.

The combat scenarios in the first game are just really unfair, and end up being more frustrating than anything. Every fight is pretty much the same - they usually take place in large, open spaces with some cover objects scattered about, and consist of waves and waves of enemies that will spawn all around you - even right behind you or on your flanks.

When you couple this with the fact enemies become very spongey on Crushing, Drake is made out of glass and dies in 1-2 hits, and enemies are aggressive and will run into a hailstorm of bullets to rush your position, you end up with some infuriating combat scenarios that will make you want to chuck your PlayStation out the window.

Uncharted 2 is, in my opinion, one of the best sequels ever made. It took everything that worked in the first game and made it bigger, better, and more exciting, while simultaneously taking everything that didn’t work very well (ie. the combat) and improved it massively. Crushing can still be very hard, but the more linear design of the environments and the scripted nature of the firefights makes it a lot easier to learn from your mistakes and improve with each death. It never quite reaches the level of hair pulling frustration that Drake’s Fortune managed to achieve.

As a side note, I want to say that I also believe the Uncharted games are hugely underrated when it comes to their difficulty. They are largely seen as relatively quick, easy platinums, but I’ve always thought they deserve a bit more respect than they get. Shout out to all your crazy mofos who beat Brutal!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I remember playing this on the PS3 and OP is right, it’s hard as hell. But the reason that Crushing difficulty is so hard in Drake’s Fortune compared to the rest of the Uncharted games is largely due to poor game design.

The combat scenarios in the first game are just really unfair, and end up being more frustrating than anything. Every fight is pretty much the same - they usually take place in large, open spaces with some cover objects scattered about, and consist of waves and waves of enemies that will spawn all around you - even right behind you or on your flanks.

When you couple this with the fact enemies become very spongey on Crushing, Drake is made out of glass and dies in 1-2 hits, and enemies are aggressive and will run into a hailstorm of bullets to rush your position, you end up with some infuriating combat scenarios that will make you want to chuck your PlayStation out the window.

Uncharted 2 is, in my opinion, one of the best sequels ever made. It took everything that worked in the first game and made it bigger, better, and more exciting, while simultaneously taking everything that didn’t work very well (ie. the combat) and improved it massively. Crushing can still be very hard, but the more linear design of the environments and the scripted nature of the firefights makes it a lot easier to learn from your mistakes and improve with each death. It never quite reaches the level of hair pulling frustration that Drake’s Fortune managed to achieve.

As a side note, I want to say that I also believe the Uncharted games are hugely underrated when it comes to their difficulty. They are largely seen as relatively quick, easy platinums, but I’ve always thought they deserve a bit more respect than they get. Shout out to all your crazy mofos who beat Brutal!

Also the cover system in this one was pretty pointless at times; you get hit while in cover. The scenarios where you just pop out of cover and die were pretty infuriating. I have also seen enemies quickly turnaround and one shot me. I don't understand why they would put such a bad and unfair difficulty in the game.

• Like 1