PS3 messages in Japan will be limited June 30, 2020

DividedByMankind

3 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

I think you can still invite people because you can write with other ps3 users. They "only" disable the function to write with ps vita and ps4 users. Still it is very  sad :( .

Yup, but i wont take any chance, annyways. And my ps3 collection 100%ted by that date,  and im all finnished with ps3 forever ? im sure nothing will be changed when it comes to sync and online between ps3s tho.

Just now, sepheroithisgod said:

This is sad, but not surprising. The PS3 will be 14 years old this year. It's had a great lifespan and we are lucky it has had the support it has. I doubt sony wants to manage 3 home systems at the same time.

I think this really might be less about managing three systems and more about managing the massive amount of spam. Supporting messaging protocols has to be a PITA when trying to address the spam that has arisen.

• Like 2

This is fine. It does not mean that the online mulitplayer is ending or trophies for PS3 are ending. The only problem will be if this will break the invite feature on PS3; that is crucial for online PS3 trophy boosting.

Edited by POEman553

25 minutes ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

I'm pretty happy about this tbh. I do most my messaging through the android app, and on ps4 it'll reflect my messages properly as read/unread. However, on ps3 everything always remains unread and it's pretty annoying seeing the message notifications from messages Ive read days ago on my phone (when I turn my ps3 on.) 

Agreed. It's lowing the console down when i start it and it loads dozens of messages...

• Like 3

I can this why this is happening. It firmware most be so outdated it getting harder to work with. Pules if they make the ps3 game compatible with ps5. You wont need to update the old version. They can us it as a work around. And push to get the 5 at the same time.

But as long as we can still download/buy digital stuff. Im cool with whatever.?

51 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

I can this why this is happening. It firmware most be so outdated it getting harder to work with. Pules if they make the ps3 game compatible with ps5. You wont need to update the old version. They can us it as a work around. And push to get the 5 at the same time.

Heh... no. PS3 emulation is never coming. It's a miracle if we're getting a decent PS4 emulation.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Heh... no. PS3 emulation is never coming. It's a miracle if we're getting a decent PS4 emulation.

There won't be PS4 emulation on PS5, it'll run natively just like PC. They are filtering the games to keep it as bug-free as possible though.

As for PS3 emulation, check out RPCS3. If fans did it that well with great performance (in select games), imagine what Sony could do with the PS5 hardware.

• Like 2

Kind of wish the PS3 had gotten an update for  mark all messages as read, and it would have been nice to turn off PSN messages separate from users coming online.
Since I kind of wanted notifications for messages still, but not know who was coming online or not.
I just check messages on the PC anyway so this going away doesn't really bother me any.
I just hope syncing trophies for PS3 doesn't go away anytime soon, since I got quite a few PS3 games I want to platinum yet, which could take a while for me to complete some of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

As for PS3 emulation, check out RPCS3. If fans did it that well with great performance (in select games), imagine what Sony could do with the PS5 hardware

Exactly. There's really no reason for Sony not to have PS3 emulation. Even if they had to up the price a little. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Kind of wish the PS3 had gotten an update for  mark all messages as read, and it would have been nice to turn off PSN messages separate from users coming online.
Since I kind of wanted notifications for messages still, but not know who was coming online or not.
I just check messages on the PC anyway so this going away doesn't really bother me any.
I just hope syncing trophies for PS3 doesn't go away anytime soon, since I got quite a few PS3 games I want to platinum yet, which could take a while for me to complete some of them.

Removing trophy syncing on PS3 would mean the end of it. That, and the hypothetical removal of PS+ support for Cloud saving. It's absolutely vital for certain savegames that cannot be copied to external drives. Literally only pirates/hackers are able to backup all PS3 savegames without PS+. Will we be able to sue Sony for encouraging piracy/hacking/copyright infringment? :P:P:P (jk)

Edited by Lance_87

Well then, I'm going to complete as many PS3 games before then as possible as soon as I finish a few more games from my current profile. I know it hasn't been confirmed that trophy syncing will be disabled, and I'm not even in Japan, but I still have quite a few PS3 titles I was wanting to finish, so I'm not taking chances.

• Like 1

This doesn't bother me so much, but this kind off makes me worry about the fact that they might stop allowing trophy sync on Ps3. I have a lot of Ps3 games to play to keep me busy for at least a couple of years, I hope they'll never discontinue trophy sync on Ps3. :(

1 minute ago, KenjiCBZ said:

This doesn't bother me so much, but this kind off makes me worry about the fact that they might stop allowing trophy sync on Ps3. I have a lot of Ps3 games to play to keep me busy for at least a couple of years, I hope they'll never discontinue trophy sync on Ps3. :(

It's on the same network as ps4, as long as ps4 works then ps3 should be safe.

It may get to a point where you cannot view your trophies on the ps3 so you have to use a ps4 or app though.

I say this because my ps3 cannot handle loading my list of games anymore and takes ages to do it and that's only going to get worse.

7 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

It's on the same network as ps4, as long as ps4 works then ps3 should be safe.

It may get to a point where you cannot view your trophies on the ps3 so you have to use a ps4 or app though.

I say this because my ps3 cannot handle loading my list of games anymore and takes ages to do it and that's only going to get worse.

Yup, I had read a similar comment and that made me quiet, but this change (Ps3 being no longer able to chat with sistem different from another Ps3) really made me worry, because it is a change exclusive to Ps3 consoles. But of course I hope you'll be right.

I think any trophy hunter with a huge Ps3 backlog can understand my feelings and worries. ?

• Like 3