What makes trophy hunting so addictive?

RedDead3001

I think trophy hunting depends of your own goal and like, for example i feel proud when I get a platinum because i feel its a prize for my effort but there are ppl who doesn't care about trophies they just play games without getting 100%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zaros-QC said:

I think trophy hunting depends of your own goal and like, for example i feel proud when I get a platinum because i feel its a prize for my effort but there are ppl who doesn't care about trophies they just play games without getting 100%.

I also feel the same exact way proud especially when I overcome a very hard trophy.

35 minutes ago, RedDead3001 said:

soldiers are true heroes

The funny thing is, that Americans are the only people in the world who believe that. :awesome:

And about trophies, well, it brings me joy, they keep me motivated and at the end there is this awesome feeling about being completely done with a chapter of your life.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

The funny thing is, that Americans are the only people in the world who believe that. :awesome:

And about trophies, well, it brings me joy, they keep me motivated and at the end there is this awesome feeling about being completely done with a chapter of your life.

I'm pretty sure Americans are not the only ones that thing soldiers are true heroes I'm pretty sure the majority of the world thinks the same way as I do.

But at least you got one thing right i am from the United State.

But getting back to the trophies I totally agree with you.

The OCD in me is real

Granted I can drop a game if I don't like it)

But if I'm enjoying it, I'm looking and checking everything that's in the game for secrets/collectibles/100% side quests done...

It's why I have my immovable backlog 

xD???

• Like 1

I always loved trophies (like, real life trophies that people get for winning tournaments,etc.) ever since I was a kid. The thought of being recognized for an achievement with a big thing that says "I did this!" was just awesome to me. At the end of high school, I only earned 2 trophies, which does kinda make me sad (although one is more than what most people earn through an entire 12 years, so I am grateful). At the same time as a kid, I loved video games (still do). So when I got my PS3 and saw these things called trophies, I was excited! I always thought that the more trophies I earned, the better gamer I would be (granted I was thinking this at age 11, I am 19 now, so take it how you like lol). I also thought that if I couldn't earn real life trophies, I would at least get trophies from doing what I love most: playing video games. Also, I did own a 360 before my parents bought me a PS3, and I could have cared less about achievements on there, so who knows how I would care about Playstation trophies if they were not named that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

That’s not true. How can someone feel that those who would give up their lives to protect the people of their country are not heroes. Don’t want to go off topic, but that’s a shitty thing to say (I’m not from the US)

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 4

I enjoy seeing that trophy notification pop with that iconic sound. I also like to be able to view what I have done in a game and gauge how much is left to still do within it. One of my FAVORITE things however is reaching a milestone like 50th plat or whatever and choosing a specific game to plat for it so it can show up on my profile. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

That’s not true. How can someone feel that those who would give up their lives to protect the people of their country are not heroes. Don’t want to go off topic, but that’s a shifty thing to say (I’m not from the US)

I think what he meant was, only Americans think its heroic cause a lot of other countries its mandatory (There's like 26 countries where its mandatory) and it's a normal thing that everyone has to go through. 

It's just cultural differences. 

And Neputyunu we're patriotic cause of the past. We drafted people for WW2, Korean War and Vietnam. When Vietnam vets came back they were spat on, cursed at, etc. For people who shouldnt have been drafted in the first place, who committed horrible atrocities in the Vietnam war. But the blame was placed at the wrong people and America learned their mistakes. Now we appreciate and support our troops who volunteer. To let them know not to give up hope and we love them so keep fighting till they come home. 

• Like 3