Star Wars: Episode I Racer Coming to PS4

• 1 month later...

Aspyr Media has delayed the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions of Star Wars Episode I: Racer from its previously announced release date of May 12 to an unannounced date.

We are so excited to share Star Wars Episode l: Racer with you soon! Unfortunately, due to the ongoing work from home requirements across the industry, the game will be further delayed on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. We’ll be back with an update as soon as possible.

Source

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

Aspyr Media has delayed the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions of Star Wars Episode I: Racer from its previously announced release date of May 12 to an unannounced date.

Source

While it's a bit disappointing, I think the reasoning here is absolutely fair.

I suspect we'll be seeing similar announcements for many many other games in the months ahead.

54 minutes ago, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

Source

Wasn't planning on playing it for quite a while (no PS4), but dang, I would have loved to already learn what's on the Trophy list. A Platinum, I would hope. Recently 100%ed the game on Steam, looking forward to doing it again with Trophies added to the experience.

Edited by Golem25

10 hours ago, Golem25 said:

Wasn't planning on playing it for quite a while (no PS4), but dang, I would have loved to already learn what's on the Trophy list. A Platinum, I would hope. Recently 100%ed the game on Steam, looking forward to doing it again with Trophies added to the experience.

No word on the trophy list itself, but it is confirmed that the game will have a platinum. From the press release:

Trophy hunters will be happy to hear that we’ve added Trophies. You’ll even be able to prove you’re the ultimate Podracing champion with a Platinum trophy!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stockton572 said:

I think I'd be disappointed if the platinum trophy wasn't called, "Now THIS is Podracing".

Yeah that would be awesome :D

Also they could add a trophy for a barrelroll midair and call it "i'll try spinning, that's a good trick" :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Starccx said:

The game is available on the store. Any news about the trophy list ?

I loaded up the game so I could share the trophies with everyone. Might make a guide to the game in the next day or two - it's quite a straightforward and fun list that basically just requires you to play the game as normal. Unfortunately the trophy tiles are quite bland and seem to all feature the game's box art, just like the recent Jedi Academy PS4 port. I would've loved to have tiles featuring some of these old character models lol, especially for those where you unlock specific racers.

Full list of unlock requirements in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

Platinum
Complete Amateur Podracing Circuit

Complete Semi-Pro Podracing Circuit
Complete Galactic Podracing Circuit
Complete Invitational Podracing Circuit
Finish your first race
Reach 700 MPH
Reach 1000 MPH
Come in first place
Taunt your opponents