Server Issues/Disconnections?

• 3 years later...
On 3/30/2020 at 4:24 AM, TheMarkopoloShow said:

For anyone in the future with this issue, I had to result in using a my hotspot (mobile data). Not sure if it was the modem that caused this or having gigabit broadband.

I was having the same problem. Thanks for sharing. I finished all the online trophies using mobile data.

58 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Hate to shoot down this thread, but the online servers for Bad Company 2 are now closed. Any attempts to try and connect now will be met with errors at this point.

Just joined a game with 10 other random players (Rush - Harvest Day). So this is incorrect for now.

3 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Okay, but today is supposed to be the shutdown date is what I’m saying. Just giving everyone their fair warning if they’re still cleaning this game up 👍🏻.

Yeah, you were right about that offcourse. Witnessed the shutdown myself around 11PM my time.

Maybe you can check as well if Onslaught is still available. In the guide it says it's online only, but I was able to launch a game after the shutdown (unless I was in the inner circle at that time with some kind of connection to the server). If it's there, in theory all those Trophies can still be obtained even though HC will be tough as nails.

Edited by ConAir

1 hour ago, ConAir said:

Yeah, you were right about that offcourse. Witnessed the shutdown myself around 11PM my time.

Maybe you can check as well if Onslaught is still available. In the guide it says it's online only, but I was able to launch a game after the shutdown (unless I was in the inner circle at that time with some kind of connection to the server). If it's there, in theory all those Trophies can still be obtained even though HC will be tough as nails.

Unless that's confirmed by other players, I don't see myself going back to the Onslaught DLC. I already paid my dues and went through hell and back doing all 4 HC maps solo.

8 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Unless that's confirmed by other players, I don't see myself going back to the Onslaught DLC. I already paid my dues and went through hell and back doing all 4 HC maps solo.

It was more to check if you can also launch a game on your own. You do not need to do the whole thing all over again. 

EDIT: Guide is correct. Onslaught needs a server connection too. I can no longer connect. Yesterday it was only possible thanks to being on the server when the shutdown happened. 

Btw, respect for doing HC solo.

Edited by ConAir
New info.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Did u actually manage to do them on HC solo ?? 😳.. cuz that's actually beyond insane! 

Edited by KSA-warrior-09

7 hours ago, KSA-warrior-09 said:

Did u actually manage to do them on HC solo ?? 😳.. cuz that's actually beyond insane! 

I did. It was so then I could take advantage of the infinite respawns and skip waiting for a squad to help me out, cause if everyone dies, then all our progress in that run will be lost. Yes, it’s more difficult and time consuming what I did, but it was worth it.

1 hour ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

I did. It was so then I could take advantage of the infinite respawns and skip waiting for a squad to help me out, cause if everyone dies, then all our progress in that run will be lost. Yes, it’s more difficult and time consuming what I did, but it was worth it.

Is there a YouTube video of the way you did it?

I really want to know! I did 3 Onslaught Hardcore Mode maps solo. But the 4th one I had to make a boosting session.. it was impossible to do by yourself.. 

54 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Is there a YouTube video of the way you did it?

I really want to know! I did 3 Onslaught Hardcore Mode maps solo. But the 4th one I had to make a boosting session.. it was impossible to do by yourself.. 

I’ve looked when I was making the guide and unfortunately, no. If I knew how to make my own videos on the PS3 and all that, I would gladly use it.

Anyways, if I’m to guess the 4th map, it would be Isla Inocentes? That map is definitely the hardest to do solo with the helicopter in the beginning and just the checkpoints in general.