What remakes would you like to see on PS5?

Wavergray

I don't know why I keep seeing FFXIII in people's list for remake

The game looks better than a lottt of ps4 games to this day

Need to add to my list

-Resident Evil Remake

I've been playing it on ps4 and it's just as amazing as the first time on GameCube. 

But if they fix just a few things, and make the textures as amazing as what ps5 can handle, oof, the best RE brought back a second time 

Chrono Trigger cuz where is the killing it with the a remakes.

Legend of Dragoon - i can see it being remade/ reimagine

Tonba - as it is a sony ip and it be a fun character for the kids. Better the sackboy?

Legend of Kain/ Soul Reaver series cuz some of them games have aged poorly. And god it would be so gorey and cool.

• Like 1

For me personally, the remake train has long derailed. Why? Because most remakes are hot garbage. Secret of Mana, Resident Evil 3, Trials of Mana. Mediocre at best. Sure, we got good stuff (Tony Hawk, Resi 2), but it's mostly hit and miss. Another reason why I don't want to see any remakes is the industry's tendency to pander to certain groups nowadays. Content gets altered because some fucktards think stuff might be "offensive" or "sexist". Laughable!
My final reason is that I simply want NEW stuff. NEW IPs. NEW ideas. NEW stories. I'm sick and fucking tired of getting the same stuff over and over again. This also includes remasters. No. Thanks. I'm good.

55 minutes ago, Faaip de Oiad said:

Because most remakes are hot garbage. Secret of Mana, Resident Evil 3, Trials of Mana. Mediocre at best.

it's mostly hit and miss

My final reason is that I simply want NEW stuff. NEW IPs. NEW ideas. NEW stories. I'm sick and fucking tired of getting the same stuff over and over again. This also includes remasters. No. Thanks. I'm good.

See on your 1st point. It's all about taste there. Cuz i love the remade Mana game. They play just like to old ones. And the very few changes/add where more to clarify things.

Wish they remade secret of Evermore as it can uses the same game engine.

RE3 ya it was a cash grab. Literally made no sense? Like 70% was changed or rearranged. They didn't remake RE3 they retold it. It no where near the same. Which is a shame. And why it got hated on.

Last off. Its true they don't make new IP anymore. In the AAA space. But at the same time. The few new ones that are made. Are designed not to be finished. So they can make sequels in case it does well. Or are the micro transaction trash.  Or there are 90% the same. Just what there name changes. [squaresoft] is a good exp of this. Demon's Souls /Dark Souls /blood-borne / sekiro.

Other then a few tweaks. There all in the same vein. There great but still the same. 

Basically if you're looking for new IP titles go look at inde's. There are some truly great games there.?

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Hands down the best Dragon Ball game ever made! It contained so much characters from pretty much every arc from the anime, every movie hero/ villain and a lot of characters from GT (not Super since that didn't exist yet) and some insanely unique playable characters never seen in any Dragon Ball game before, or ever again like Hirudegarn, Pikkon, Pilaf Machine and King Cold. The World Tournament mode was insanely addictive and the story/ saga mode is what really got me into watching the anime! And you could even play a lot of the Saiyans as a great ape (Kid Goku, Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, Bardock, Turles and even Baby Vegeta Great Ape..... do I need to say more). I'd kill for a remake of this game! If they gave it the Xenoverse/ Kakarot graphics but kept the controls and combat system the same it would be perfect. Oh and please, no online multiplayer (although the offline PvP was very good)!! 

And Xenoverse 1 & 2 are horrible excuses for a Dragon Ball game and don't even come close to the greatness of BT3, I tried XV2 but sold it after a few hours of playing. Horrible combat, the character customization feels very stupid and more of a gimmick than an actual improvement and the game is one big cashgrab since every newly released character (either from a new movie or some spin-off series) costs money.

FighterZ isn't that bad, though it's also a cashgrabbing game, but really can't be compared since it's a 2D fighter and BT3 isn't.

I am already very excited that they are doing a Demon's Souls Remake. I have wanted them to remaster that game ever since I completed it on PS3 when it first came out. Other ones I would love to see proper remakes of are

Metal Gear Solid. (They can keep the voice acting and music the way it was, but fully updating the graphics would be amazing)

Black. (Was a first person shooter for PS2/Xbox that was way ahead of it's time)

Silent Hill. (The original one on PS1)

Tenchu: Stealth Assassin's/Tenchu 2 Birth of the Assassins.

If they're going to continue with Remasters/Remakes, it would be nice to see them do it for multiple generations back instead of just "Here's another copy of Skyrim. The graphics are improved by about 2%, enjoy."

As said previously by some other people, the main idea for a new console should be, well....new games (IPs).

But that does not mean I'm against remasters/remakes/reimaginings at all. As long as it is not a 4th-time re-release (RE4) or an all-out cash grab (GTA V), every once in a while is good to see a game you treasure to be given "another go" on a current-gen console/PC.

My picks would be:

• Dead Space trilogy (give the 3rd one the atmosphere of the first 2)

• Siren (both PS2 games and the PS3 release)

• Resistance trilogy (would love to partake in the MP of the 2nd one, which I've heard was wonderful)

• Killzone trilogy (that MP was a joy to play indeed, very well made)

• Resident Evil Outbreak (c'mon Capcom, you have a huge milking cow there waiting to be milked)

• Sega Soccer Slam (had a blast playing it on PS2)

• Tenchu series (only played Wrath of Heaven and Fatal Shadows, and they were great, especially the former)

• Timesplitters trilogy (need I say more? My favorite trilogy, at least on the PS2)

Edited by Ghanupher

30 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

• Dead Space trilogy (give the 3rd one the atmosphere of the first 2)

• Sega Soccer Slam (had a blast playing it on PS2)

You have good ideas. Very, very good ideas. 

11 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

This is a pipe dream..but im still wishing for a Allan Wake remake on a Sony platform. My favorite game of all time.

They are almost certainly developing Alan Wake 2, after the AWE Control DLC pretty much gave away that it'll be coming in 'a couple of years'. I'd be surprised if 2 was an Xbox exclusive like 1 was, although it isn't impossible. 

https://wccftech.com/alan-wake-2-practically-teased-for-2022-in-controls-awe-dlc/

• Like 1

For me...

- Resident Evil 1 (a Re-remake). Would be amazing. RE4 remake seems inevitable at this point, but a true remake of the 1st would be ridiculous. I appreciate it was 'remade' once already, but this was back in 2002.

-  Tony Hawk's Underground. Seeing the success THPS 1 + 2 had, a remake of Underground - my favourite - would be sick. 

-  Max Payne 1 & 2. 

-  Resistance: Fall of Man. 

The one(s) that will never happen

- Half Life 1, 2, 2.1 & 2.2

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

For me...

- Resident Evil 1 (a Re-remake). Would be amazing. RE4 remake seems inevitable at this point, but a true remake of the 1st would be ridiculous. I appreciate it was 'remade' once already, but this was back in 2002.

-  Tony Hawk's Underground. Seeing the success THPS 1 + 2 had, a remake of Underground - my favourite - would be sick. 

-  Max Payne 1 & 2. 

-  Resistance: Fall of Man. 

The one(s) that will never happen

- Half Life 1, 2, 2.1 & 2.2

How in the world did I forget about Resistance: Fall of Man?! I seriously have played that game more times than I can count. I would lose my damn mind if they did a full remaster or even a semi remaster with trophies added.

Dunno if there are any takers, but an underrated series involving monkeys and shenanigans. AKA Ape Escape. Love to see a remake and comeback to this series. 

Would also love to see some GTA games remade, specifically Vice City... but knowing Rockstar and Take Two, I will be old man before they even remotely mention it.  

Finally a fan fav around these forum parts Metal Gear Solid remakes would be awesome. Also must be in the cradling hands of Kojima. Only him cuz its his baby. 

That is all so far. Good day

Edited by TaigaSupaWingz

Ico 1:1 graphical remake like Shadow Of The Colossus

God Of War 1 & 2 in the gameplay style of God Of War 2018 with story changes similar to FF7/RE2 where they improve upon the original

Mafia 2 in the style of Mafia Definitive Edition

The Last Guardian remake of the original vision where Trico had more animations/gameplay mechanics and full graphics redone

Assassin's Creed original full reimagine of gameplay, graphics and story like FF7/RE2

Watch Dogs 1 full graphical remake of the original vision at the reveal and better with the updated gameplay of Legion