What remakes would you like to see on PS5?

Wavergray

What I have been saying for a remaster this gen, but hey why not, lets just do a full on remake of the original Infamous games.

Also some of my favorites I'd like to see get the remake treatment

God of War 1&2

Killzone 1 -3

Sly trilogy. (i'd love to see this) Spyro turned out good

• Like 1

* Mass Effect Trilogy

* Crysis series

* F.E.A.R. series

* Call of Duty Black Ops II

* Nayuta no Kiseki - a Falcom JRPG that never got officially localised. No relation to The Legend of Heroes Kiseki/Trails games. Like TLOH's Crossbell arc it had been a PSP exclusive (and to date, it still is). Whether it's for PS4 or PS5 doesn't matter... I'll take it.

* Time Crisis series (including Time Crisis 5 which still hasn't seen a console yet) + Crisis Zone

Ridge Racer 7- I don't expect a new RR, but a 4K remake of 7 would be good enough.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 2

Im not a fan of horror etc, but I do want all the DEAD SPACE again.

minus any coop or mp trophies...

Playstation 5 gfx and the 3D sound whatever would make any man hide...

Remaster:

Folklore

Grandia 2

Legacy of Kain (the Whole series)

Dead Space 1 (got a remake) and 2

Wild Arms Alter Code F and 5

Lunar: Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue Complete

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes

Shadow Hearts and Covenent

Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne (but add a way to carry over Magatama) (got a remaster)

Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1&2

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 1&2

Evil Dead Regeneration

Bloodrayne 1&2 (got remasters)

Predator Concrete Jungle

Remake:

Wild Arms 2 (got a remaster)

Megaman X Command Mission (with a NG+ option)

Demon's Crest

Legend of Legaia

Ghost Rider PS2 (i rather enjoyed the game and Blade was unlockable too)

Legend of Dragoon (got a remaster)

Blaster Master (was Re-Imagined as Blaster Master Zero) and Blaster Master Blasting Again

Re-Imagining

Parasite Eve

Countdown Vampires

Edited by Void
  • Like 2

For God's sake! The only one I really would love to see a full remake from the grounds would be Chrono Trigger! Undoubtedly, if FFVII proves right and the battle system works... I'll certianly buy PS5 only for that game (of course, they can make it for PS4 also because many people can buy it due their playerbase; anyways would be an absolute win for Square Enix and Sony).  

Also, I'm glad that many people have same tastes as I, so I'll be glad to see remakes/remasters of few they already mention. Also, I'll like God of War 1 be available for further generations. And obviously, GTA: San Andreas. I'll love to see a remake of it. :) 

Edited by Xenoblast91

Remakes only, because most remasters are lazy.

Deamon Souls

The witcher 1 - 2

Dead space 1

Persona 3-4

Assassins creed 1-2-Brotherhood (best ones)

Red dead  redemption

GTA 4

First metal Gear

Silent hill

Insert one or two phoenix wirght game.

God of war 3

Black ops 1

Prince of persia trilogy

These are the ones i would like the see and believe that a remake gameplay wise and VFX would benefice a lot by the developpers who are mostly serious about their work.

• Like 2

None or fewer than this generation. Some of the remasters came out worse than their originals.

edit: I would like Silent Hill 1-4 PORTED just for the ability to play them at all. SH4 is stuck in the japanese PSN but you have to hunt for a PS2/Xbox copy here in the west.

Edited by ANKARSTOCK

(dejavu)

Under the assumption you don't mean remake in its true sense and are instead generalizing it with remasters...

ModNation Racers

Remaster. As great as a remake would be for this amazingly innovative "kart" racing PlayStation exclusive title, a remaster would suffice, and the inevitable 60fps would be preferable anyway. Restoration of online servers are also mandatory, as that'

Jak X: Combat Racing (with its online restored).

Remaster. This one is a bit complicated, because outside fixing them in a sequel, a remake would justify changing a couple of the odd design choices, such as using weapons against your own companions and vise versa. That aside, the game is most definitely worth remastering for its better designs, like the blood-pumping OST, engaging storytelling, notable character development, great vehicle customization, varied courses taking place across different types of terrain and environments that encompasses the series' world, network play (which was ahead of its time, for quite a while, even over multiple Burnout titles), impressive amount of content, and more. With what the game already provides, it's quite overwhelming to actually imagine this game at its full potential with the right improvements and enhancements, especially with the possibility of added content.

Sonic Unleashed (especially since it's not even available on PC)

Remaster, even though a remake wouldn't be a bad idea. The most ambitious 3D Sonic game, and one often regarded as the best 3D Sonic game (in hindsight) along with Sonic Adventure 2 within the Sonic fandom, it would make sense to remaster this title of all Sonic games. The game's full potential has been held back by its playable but still inconsistent framerate, it's biggest problem. A remaster is a golden opportunity to rid the game of a couple of its drawbacks (i.e., collect-a-thon element) and bring out this spectacular game's latent potential and relive, or in some cases experience for the first time, the best story in a Sonic game and one of the blue blur's most epic adventures.

Dead Space Trilogy (online removed from DS2)

Remaster, so that all three games can come at the same time. As great as a remake would be of the first Dead Space, it's ultimately pointless when Dead Space was originally designed ahead of its time already. A remaster of it would virtually be as good as a remake, just with inferior graphics.. but superior framerate. That and the other two games, with particular refinements to DS3, is undoubtedly the better deal. Some nostalgia aside, the Resident Evil re-imaginings have also been among the best examples to show that claustrophobic survival-horror games still have a prominent market today. Can also be good testing grounds to green-light a new installment people have been going insane for.

Tomb Raider Trilogy (second era)

Remaster. To be expanded on...

Crysis Trilogy 

Remaster... To may'be be expanded on...

Resistance Trilogy 

Remaster. For whatever reason, this is one of the few remaining popular trilogy series, especially published by PlayStation, that hasn't been remastered. A remaster would be awesome for this series, especially if the beloved and popular online play from Resistance 2 comes back.

inFAMOUS Duology 

Remaster. An even more questionable series from PlayStation that hasn't been remastered. With only two games, as well as a successful sequel the following generation, a remaster would be a good idea and allow newcomers who didn't start with these games to see how the series began, conceptually and canonically. Of course inFAMOUS would need the most work, which it would benefit highly from for how dated it is in some areas.

All things labeled under remaster includes all levels of remasters—with all the innovative ideas and expansions we've seen with them—except, remakes.

And everything listed above are from the 7th generation or older, which makes these fair picks, unlike 8th generation games and higher that are still fairly new, graphically impressive, and most of which will be playable (and enhanced) on PS5 via its backwards compatibility. 

Edited by EcoShifter