What remakes would you like to see on PS5?

Wavergray

I had made this list in a similar thread, but it seems more relevant here:

1) A direct re-imagining of the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy from the NES

2) A remake of the Killzone Trilogy that better incorporates and fleshes out the story in a 3-game saga. 
3) The original Street Fighter.  With full dialogue cutscenes that ties up all loose ends about Ryu and Ken’s past.  And the last fight would be an untapped-power Ryu Vs. The King of Muay Thai, in the wilderness with a slight breeze in the air, under a pale moonlight.  Like the intro of Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie.  That would be sick.  ?

4) Remember M.A.G. (Massive Action Game)?  That would be the war game that we would need, but we WOULDN’T deserve...1f627.png

5) Mercenaries 1 & 2.  An over the top 90’s-action-movie style game with crazy explosions and a 1 man (or woman) army against a whole country’s military.  In glorious 4K/60fps.  Holy...1f632.png

6) The Original Metal Gear 1 & 2 on the MSX.  Solid Snake versus Big Boss, and the in-depth theatrical story spin that could not be realized on an 8-bit system.  But now enjoyed by everyone on a next gen console.  Good grief...?

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar.
  • Like 1

I would LOVE:

The original fat princess. That game way way too much fun! So was adventures, but it wasnt the same.

Surprised we have not gotten Infamous 1 or 2 yet on PS4 so that would be nice! They might do something like include the first one with a new infamous title. (My guess)

Dead Space trilogy would be perfect. And the Splinter Cell trilogy, as the PS3 version really hurt the eyes.

I see many people asked for FF13 but i just replayed it recently on my PS3, it's still very ok for a 10 years old game. And the story is very very poor.

But overall i just think if they came up with a Metal Gear Solid Remaster, PS5 would sell like baguettes.

• Like 1

1. Prince Of Persia Sands Of Time Trilogy
2. Mafia 1 and 2 (especially remade 2 because of Take Two to get money fast from this game there was a lot of cut content in original game)
3. Tony Hawk series (Especially Underground 1, 2 and American Wasteland)
4. Harry Potter series (especially 1,2 and 3 from PS2)

• Like 1

Personally, I’d like to see remakes for

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Max Payne

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Grand Theft Auto 3

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

and Remasters for

Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid 5

I’d be happy with those.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

None. I’d rather see studios developing new games, new concepts, new ideas...

That's already been happening, so that point is illogical. There's plenty of new IPs made and still being made. You and other people are simply ignoring them or being selective. The entire media industry (movies, music, books, games, tv, etc) is far too diverse for complaints like these to ever be logical.

On 4/22/2020 at 1:14 AM, James_Tonto said:

So if we're talking full blown remakes, in the same vein as Medievil, Spyro and Crash. Then I'd like to suggest the following games, get that level of polish and get remade.

Those are remasters(+). 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

Infamous: the cole trilogy (infamous, infamous 2, infamous festival of blood)

just cause 2 remastered 

The force unleashed 1 and 2 remastered

On 3/27/2020 at 3:20 PM, Wavergray said:

Regardless of whether the PS5 will have PS3, PS2, and ect backwards compatibility or not, there will be PS5 remakes of games from the older gens, because it's easy money.

With that in mind what games would you like to see remade on PS5?

I would like to see:

• The OG Mass Effect trilogy
  • The FF13 trilogy
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • Freedom Wars
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky trilogy

Just now, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

Infamous: the cole trilogy (infamous, infamous 2, infamous festival of blood)

just cause 2 remastered 

The force unleashed 1 and 2 remastered

And the Simpsons arcade game + turtles in time

Hmm... Remake as in something similar to Resident Evil 2? So in that respect, only PS1 and a few handful PS2 games can really apply to this. Because quite honestly, most PS2, PS3 and PS4 games don't really need remakes. Just updated graphics don't mean a true remake. They can get just remastered.

But built from the ground up, I would like to see the following:

1) Metal Gear Solid

The game of my childhood. Possibly the pinnacle of that generation. That one pushed the console to the limits. However since Twin Snakes has been released (I haven't played that one yet so I can't really say) then it probably wouldn't qualify as a remake.

2) Final Fantasy IX

Everybody is talking about FFVII and they got it! But to me, the best FF game will always be IX. So I would love to see a remake of this one, with fully voiced dialogues and everything. The cutscenes blew my mind back then and I can't wait to feel the same!

3) Dino Crisis

I believe Dino Crisis to be one of the most underrated masterpieces of the PS1 and if it ever goes in that stage, I think people will lose their mind over it.

4) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Because I had to think hard for a PS2 game to fully receive a remake! This one is just personal, Two Towers was my first PS2 game ever so it holds sentimental value. So I would love to replay this one with everything built from the bottom.

• Like 2

Legacy of Kain (all of them but especially the two Soul Reaver games) 

Prince of Persia SoT Trilogy

Castlevania (Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness, Lords of Shadow 1 & 2)

Red Dead Redemption

Assassins Creed 1

Simpsons Hit and Run

Witcher 1 and 2

Resident Evil Code Veronica 

Edited by RedDeadWitcher93
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, DEADLOCKED11 said:

No, they are remakes, are you maybe thinking of reboots vs remakes?

Remasters just replaces the textures and updates the graphics instead of the engine

No, they are remasters . . . revolutionary remasters. They merely share aspects from a remake—because of how they go beyond the boundaries of a remaster but yet not far enough to classify as a true remake—like a non-shooter game (e.g., Sly Cooper) that has (multiple) shooting mechanics but is clearly not a shooter. To avoid this situation, you were provided the link where the developers confidently, explicitly and continuously refers to it as a remaster+. Call of Duty 4 Remastered is similar to them and is also labeled a remaster. I know what reboots (Tomb Raider, Ninja Gaiden, Doom) and remakes (Shadow of the Colossus, Medievil, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX) are.

Technically, that's only partially true.

Edited by EcoShifter

Remakes? Only Silent Hill 2. I know, I know. Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst.

Remasters? Dragon Quest VIII. I highly wonder why the smartphone port didn't make it to consoles yet.

On 4/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, Kiyan-13 said:

Bayonetta 2 & 3

Not gonna happen. Nintendo holds the exclusive rights to the games.

25 minutes ago, Santa said:

Remakes? Only Silent Hill 2. I know, I know. Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst.

Remasters? Dragon Quest VIII. I highly wonder why the smartphone port didn't make it to consoles yet.

Not gonna happen. Nintendo holds the exclusive rights to the games.

If we're talking about DQ8, then we should have the 3ds version, it adds  two new playable characters, a new ending, new monsters to recruit and an optional boss rush dungeon  with max level bosses and  the final one being a cameo from a previous entry, it's  the definitive experience, and I suppose they could put some efforts to un-screw the soundtrack.

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

No, they are remasters . . . revolutionary remasters. They merely share aspects from a remake—because of how they go beyond the boundaries of a remaster but yet not far enough to classify as a true remake—like a non-shooter game (e.g., Sly Cooper) that has (multiple) shooting mechanics but is clearly not a shooter. To avoid this situation, you were provided the link where the developers confidently, explicitly and continuously refers to it as a remaster+. Call of Duty 4 Remastered is similar to them and is also labeled a remaster. I know what reboots (Tomb Raider, Ninja Gaiden, Doom) and remakes (Shadow of the Colossus, Medievil, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX) are.

Technically, that's only partially true.

So what is the difference between Shadow of the Colossus remake and Spyro/Crash remakes? The developers of the SotC didn't create a new term in an interview to describe their game?

There are so many games I'd love to see remastered, just to name a few:

Dead Space

Prince of Persia

F.E.A.R.

The Suffering

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (please just upgrade graphics and leave everything else as it is)

Mass Effect 1+2

Warhammer 40: Space Marines

Costume Quest

Gothic 1+2

Now, these are not that old games, there's tons of much older games I would love to play again remastered but with those I'm worried the game mechanics, etc hasn't aged well and it would take more than just to upgrade the visuals.

On 4/26/2020 at 2:56 AM, NetoStyle said:

- SmackDown vs Raw 07, 08, 09, 10 or 11.

- Crash Bash

- Mass Effect Trilogy

- NFS Underground 1 & 2, Most Wanted, Carbon or Pro Street.

- Mafia I & II

- GTA IV or Vice City

I always forget Crash Bash! Damn, I miss it so much. a couple of years back a few of us in the office would boot up and emulator and play.

• Like 1