A vital question to people who skip games

rabatopotatoe

I used to be that kind of completionist. Now I've decided that I'll be the 'enjoy good games and figure out how to get the MP trophies later' kind of completionist. i.e. the Red Dead games were looking sad at the bottom of my game pile.

• Like 2

I concur with your point. While I generally purchase games with the intention of playing and completing them on my main profile, there are certain titles I'll feel ambivalent about unless I try them out. Usually occurs with PS+ titles or games I've purchased with high discounts, and if I hadn't tried some of them out on an alternate account, I would have regretted playing them on here since they weren't my cup of tea. I don't tend to play many online titles, so my main concern primarily is if the game will resonate with me or not. 

• Like 1

Or... you know... accept the challenge, put that thing on your main and complete it. I don't use second accounts, but I also don't skip games, there is no reason for it. Secondary accounts result in fake statistics on your main account, and I don't want that. 

Edited by Arcesius

Honestly, no hate, but I find it pathetic. If I were to go to some gaming event and I meet people, someone would say “Oh, no, I didn’t buy that game cause of the trophy list.” I’m sorry but thats just really embarrassing. 

Whoever finds that to be a reason to not buy a game, just think about how mental you actually sound.

You’re missing out on great games. If you buy games to get trophies, are you enjoying gaming at its fullest? You constantly have to think/“calculate” about trophies, doesn’t sound fun to me.

I hope these kind of addicts (obviously in denial) get to their senses one day.

I repeat: No hate, I probably sound harsh. ?

• Like 1