How are people finding the game?

I am just on the final chapter of the Summit war arc. So far I have very mixed feelings about this game. I went into this completely blind thinking/hoping it would be the same as the other games but honestly I find the controls and combos kinda bland. I liked the combo's from 1 2 3 but now they just feel like they have no impact just put on enhanced square skill, lock on to target smash square till end of combo, dash into the enemy then combo again rinse and repeat till stamina runs out. This has worked well for the most part once you can recognise the attacks on some "bosses" (Will get onto that part in a moment) then you just dodge in a direction then dash back into the mashing. I even started on hard difficulty and haven't even been focusing on the game and yet it feels off.

As for the bosses or as the common trope is now a days of big blocks of health with no real strategy to them. I hate that this game has fallen into this category of "boss fights". Granted I know the bosses from pw3 weren't exactly bosses either but at least you didn't have to spend half your time just mashing square at a big body and just waiting for the health to go down. I don't know if I am missing anything here or what but It just does not feel like a proper PW game to me.

Other than this though everything else I like, the growth maps I approve of, the new special system I cannot fault for the most part. Well that's really it honestly. Despite all it's flaws I will continue to platinum this game but after that I think it's just going to remain on the shelf gathering dust ... well removed from my library because I don't see myself touching it any time after this and I was stupid enough to buy the digital copy.

I want to hear your thoughts on this game. Did it reach your expectations or were you let down? Is there anything you liked about it and what brought this game down for you?

I like how the combat feels faster then the last game, the amount of spawns and the breakable environments are a nice upgrade. The upgrade maps are nice and the specials recharge fast so you don't feel like you have to hold onto them for long.

Haven't played many stages yet but most fight seem attack then air juggle to win. Also agree with some attacks not having much weight to that.

Biggest gripe with the game so far is the online play. I get disconnected every time I try to host a level which means I have to go back to the main menu to log in again. From the few games I managed to join about a third of them I got disconnected from before getting into the level.

Edited by stupot00
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, stupot00 said:

Biggest gripe with the game so far is the online play. I get disconnected every time I try to host a level which means I have to go back to the main menu to log in again. From the few games I managed to join about a third of them I got disconnected from before getting into the level.

The problem with the online comes from the block list, apparently you need to empty out your block list to play online.

But regardless of the stupidity of online servers, i'm finding the game enjoyable.

Edited by BlackSabre500
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

The problem with the online comes from the block list, apparently you need to empty out your block list to play online.

But regardless of the stupidity of online servers, i'm finding the game enjoyable.

Thanks, will try that when I get on tomorrow. 

I'm enjoying it more then 3 so far. 

Just started. But graphically u can def tell the improvement and I like that jump button is actually used to do combos rather than rely on certain characters not having proper air launching combos. Too early to tell but i think every Musou/Warriors game has issues with bosses feeling like bosses. I honestly still think Pirate Warriors 1 did them the best imo.

• Like 1