Can these trophies be boosted in Extended Play with friends?

AnimeFanTalk

Trophy: ONE RUN FOR EACH ONE

Description: Score a run or more in each inning of a full 9-inning game.
(This trophy is not awarded if completed in a local multiplayer game, practice mode, RTTS, or by switching teams.)

local multiplayer gives me the idea that it's talking about offline/online CPU. 

Was wondering if someone can test this with their friend or if there's an easy way to getting this trophy. 

I can speak to an easy way of getting it. I did an exhibition game against the CPU as one of the teams of the best players from the 90s (can't remember the exact name). I put my loaded team against a bad AA team. Set the venue to Shibe Park. Got at least a home run an inning on Rookie.

That said, on the note of boosting, I wonder if that would work for the two perfect throw trophies. I get so few opportunities to even attempt those two let alone getting it perfect when it occurs randomly.

Edit: I can confirm that these trophies do pop in online multiplayer with a friend. That is how I got "Show Me the Way to Go Home."

Edited by p_strawn
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, p_strawn said:

I can speak to an easy way of getting it. I did an exhibition game against the CPU as one of the teams of the best players from the 90s (can't remember the exact name). I put my loaded team against a bad AA team. Set the venue to Shibe Park. Got at least a home run an inning on Rookie.

That said, on the note of boosting, I wonder if that would work for the two perfect throw trophies. I get so few opportunities to even attempt those two let alone getting it perfect when it occurs randomly.

Edit: I can confirm that these trophies do pop in online multiplayer with a friend. That is how I got "Show Me the Way to Go Home."

Thank you! As for the throw trophies, I got one of them from doing March to October mode. I'm in no rush to get these trophies but the 9 innings one looks super hard for me haha.

Another good tip I just stumbled across is to do one RTTS with a C and one with an OF. I created a new C, and before I was even drafted, I got the trophy for throwing out a runner trying to steal. You're guaranteed to get 1-2 chances a game plus the interface for a perfect throw is a little more forgiving than the meter. Same goes for the OF. You won't get one every game, but I'd say roughly every series, you'll have one play at the plate to attempt. I didn't think anything of it the first chance I got and ended up getting a trophy for a perfect throw to home without even expecting it.

• Like 2

A friend and I just played a ranked season game against each other in diamond dynasty, we “matched up”, so I would assume all trophies would appear as normal. We did the “score a run every inning” and afterwards, no trophy popped up. Maybe ranked seasons is excluded? Not sure what the issue was. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 3:26 PM, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

A friend and I just played a ranked season game against each other in diamond dynasty, we “matched up”, so I would assume all trophies would appear as normal. We did the “score a run every inning” and afterwards, no trophy popped up. Maybe ranked seasons is excluded? Not sure what the issue was. 

Thank you so much for this update! I guess the only way to get the trophy is if your insanely godlike or against the CPU. 

On 4/2/2020 at 4:05 PM, p_strawn said:

Another good tip I just stumbled across is to do one RTTS with a C and one with an OF. I created a new C, and before I was even drafted, I got the trophy for throwing out a runner trying to steal. You're guaranteed to get 1-2 chances a game plus the interface for a perfect throw is a little more forgiving than the meter. Same goes for the OF. You won't get one every game, but I'd say roughly every series, you'll have one play at the plate to attempt. I didn't think anything of it the first chance I got and ended up getting a trophy for a perfect throw to home without even expecting it.

I have not started RTTS yet but I know forsure RTTS has these situations so I'll give it a look later, thank you so much for you input, I'll try to get the trophy there.

7 minutes ago, AnimeFanTalk said:

Thank you so much for this update! I guess the only way to get the trophy is if your insanely godlike or against the CPU. 

Maybe I am missing something but can’t you just play an Exhibition game on beginner and also adjust sliders if need be.  If it was like in years past, you can even play an all-star team against a double A squad.  Seems like it would be pretty easy to get.

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Maybe I am missing something but can’t you just play an Exhibition game on beginner and also adjust sliders if need be.  If it was like in years past, you can even play an all-star team against a double A squad.  Seems like it would be pretty easy to get.

The description of the trophy states: local multiplayer game, switching teams, or practice mode is not allowed so I've always assumed Exhibition Game is considered to be part of local multiplayer game. 

I'm honestly in no rush with this, I just wanted to make sure before I do go and attempt trophies, but in the mean time I'm having a blast with MLB 20. 

4 minutes ago, AnimeFanTalk said:

The description of the trophy states: local multiplayer game, switching teams, or practice mode is not allowed so I've always assumed Exhibition Game is considered to be part of local multiplayer game. 

I'm honestly in no rush with this, I just wanted to make sure before I do go and attempt trophies, but in the mean time I'm having a blast with MLB 20. 

oh, I meant an exhibition game (play now or whatever it is called) vs. the CPU.  

Agree, they make a great baseball game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 10:49 PM, AnimeFanTalk said:

I just tested it, you are correct. I got the trophy lol. 

Obviously you got it, but just for future reference local multiplayer refers to splitscreen or using 2 controllers. They basically are preventing cheesing it by controlling both teams yourself. Glad you were able to get it still!

MGSMONKEY777.png

Edited by MGSMONKEY777