Predator Hunting Grounds is MASSIVELY unbalanced

Had some matches on the trial and good god is it easy to win as the predator. This might be the most unbalanced PvP I've experienced. Yes, if a four person team focus fires on you it can shred you so you can't just tank your way to victory, well not entirely. But if you abuse the predators net, tying up the entire team so you can just down them all within seconds and that's the end of the match. The longest match I've had thus far playing as predator is around 7 minutes I think. The shortest being a little over 3. 

On the flip side, I played a few rounds with 3 friends as the soldiers and we got destroyed in every game bar one. Despite sticking together all the time, the predator is just way too OP at the moment. Hopefully this gets fixed before release because looking past the balancing issues the core gameplay is actually really fun.

Wondering what y'all think if you've played it. Do you think it's unbalanced or is it just me?

58 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

So it’s exactly how the predator should be, can’t wait to pick this one up then!

Yes, in the general predator universe it would wipe out four soldiers with ease. But as a game it's stupid because if you're playing as soldiers you have to have a team of ultra sweaty try hards to even stand a chance. And even then a mediocre predator could still smash you. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

If the Predator was easy to kill then it wouldn't be the motherfucking Predator, now would it?

Did I say I wanted it to be easy to kill? No.

Would I like to play a match as a soldier and actually have a chance of winning or you know, even lasting longer than 4-5 minutes? Yes.

But hey, if you think a PvP mode where one person can find you, kill you and your entire team in 5 seconds without even paying that much attention or worrying about dying themselves and ultimately end a match before it's even really got started then have at it.

• Like 2

I think that's the point but I get your frustration. From the couple games I've played, I've had an equal amount of matches where either the predator destroyed my team easily or we killed it within minutes. Seems relatively balanced to me.

22 hours ago, ForceGrip86 said:

Did I say I wanted it to be easy to kill? No.

Would I like to play a match as a soldier and actually have a chance of winning or you know, even lasting longer than 4-5 minutes? Yes.

But hey, if you think a PvP mode where one person can find you, kill you and your entire team in 5 seconds without even paying that much attention or worrying about dying themselves and ultimately end a match before it's even really got started then have at it.

I see you are new to humor and sarcasm. 

On 2020-03-28 at 4:24 AM, ForceGrip86 said:

Had some matches on the trial and good god is it easy to win as the predator. This might be the most unbalanced PvP I've experienced. Yes, if a four person team focus fires on you it can shred you so you can't just tank your way to victory, well not entirely. But if you abuse the predators net, tying up the entire team so you can just down them all within seconds and that's the end of the match. The longest match I've had thus far playing as predator is around 7 minutes I think. The shortest being a little over 3. 

On the flip side, I played a few rounds with 3 friends as the soldiers and we got destroyed in every game bar one. Despite sticking together all the time, the predator is just way too OP at the moment. Hopefully this gets fixed before release because looking past the balancing issues the core gameplay is actually really fun.

Wondering what y'all think if you've played it. Do you think it's unbalanced or is it just me?

I agree.

Predator is way to OP he can just jump down and slash the entire team within seconds.

A few times we won as a team when ALL 4 focused power against the predator.

If you have 3 friends to play with then you have a chance to communicate and wi, i have only played with random people and Most of the time you dont work good togheter.

Played 3 games yesterday, all as humans. In the first, we were only 2  against the predator and he killed us, which didn't surprise me, as we only had half a team... The other 2 games the human team won. In the first we split up, two fought the predator and me and a buddy went for the objectives, shortly before we did the objective the others were able to kill the predator, and in the third game, we were able to complete our objectives and escaped... So in my limited experience, the balancing was ok. Maybe we ended up with very low skilled predators...

But performance-wise the game is very weird. I can't tell what the problem is, but when I move the camera, the picture gets so blurry that I can't really make out any details anymore, it all becomes one big green blurry mess...