How am i able to get Comeback Kid?

Varhur

Strategy involves stopping  before 3rd lap on Glamis, waiting till i'm on 16th place, then going as fast as possible and winning. Though i'm starting to doubt that's possible. I have to wait horribly long to allow the slowest from the bunch to catch up and then it's impossible for me to win - my best was 9th place - being awful. I did repeat the tutorial that was supposed to dumbify competition, but, as i said, some racers are so slow that they disallow me to win. Is there a better strategy for this or it's the almighty RNGesus that has to let me get this?

On 28/03/2020 at 2:14 PM, Varhur said:

Strategy involves stopping  before 3rd lap on Glamis, waiting till i'm on 16th place, then going as fast as possible and winning. Though i'm starting to doubt that's possible. I have to wait horribly long to allow the slowest from the bunch to catch up and then it's impossible for me to win - my best was 9th place - being awful. I did repeat the tutorial that was supposed to dumbify competition, but, as i said, some racers are so slow that they disallow me to win. Is there a better strategy for this or it's the almighty RNGesus that has to let me get this?

I see you got it, how did you do it? 

14 hours ago, boromir120 said:

tbf, i wasn't able to find a better strat, so i just kept repeating in the meantime. Then, the starts have aligned, competition was packed and the gap between 16th and 1st place wasn't as big as previously and i was able to get it. All RNG dependent.

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2020 at 6:24 PM, boromir120 said:

This has to be 1 of the 1st trophies you attempt. As you win races you get better. So do the other racers. If you do it on the 1st race the others will be more forgiving. 

If you've been playing for a while back up your data, delete and start a new file.

• 1 year later...

Here is a late reply to this but it got me the trophy on the 1st try. Build a new quad but don't select those +1 or +2 parts, also don't select neither enduro or sprint for the sprocket kit, use the stock/standart one, the reason is the game amps up the difficulty when you install upgrades. Build a somewhat fast quad, after that replay the tutorial (press square on the first option preloading) that will cause a glitch to make the AI easier, then select stage 1 Glamis and build up your boost. Stop before the last lap in front of the finish line and let all racers overtake you, after that you just gotta be fast enough and know your way around the track.

• 2 years later...
On 9/24/2021 at 1:12 AM, KnAbrAvA said:

Here is a late reply to this but it got me the trophy on the 1st try. Build a new quad but don't select those +1 or +2 parts, also don't select neither enduro or sprint for the sprocket kit, use the stock/standart one, the reason is the game amps up the difficulty when you install upgrades. Build a somewhat fast quad, after that replay the tutorial (press square on the first option preloading) that will cause a glitch to make the AI easier, then select stage 1 Glamis and build up your boost. Stop before the last lap in front of the finish line and let all racers overtake you, after that you just gotta be fast enough and know your way around the track.

For those struggling with this trophy, i did this and worked fine. Got it on my first try.

Thanks for the tip