Doom (2016) Platinum Trophy Review

TheDblTap

On 30/03/2020 at 2:37 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Great review, really enjoyed the read :)

Thank you so much ? I'm working on DOOM Eternal next, so I'm looking forward to starting that today!

On 02/04/2020 at 5:04 AM, tosSx17 said:

I really can't do the Ultra nightmare trophy, stuck on it for years.

I heard tell on the winds of a way to cheese it with a speed-run method. Maybe watch a few speed-run videos and see what insight they can give you?

On 02/04/2020 at 5:11 AM, DansomeCG said:

I could have got the plat myself in the time it took me to read that!

JK, well done article keep up the great work!

Ahaha, well I appreciate you taking the time to read the whole thing ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheDblTap said:

I heard tell on the winds of a way to cheese it with a speed-run method. Maybe watch a few speed-run videos and see what insight they can give you?

I play this on PC, and sadly the speed-run trick that is usually used Railboosting is impossible on console since it requires a very high fps and console is locked to 60fps.

This video is perfect and has some really great explanations of the glitches. Btw there is also videos available that do show Ultra Nightmare being beaten on Console, some use environment glitches.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheDblTap said:

I actually finally made it a couple of days ago!!!

On 3/29/2020 at 4:53 AM, TheDblTap said:

Not sure why I never played this sooner, but I'm super glad I just did.

I had an insane amount of fun platting this game and only a couple of the trophies were actually all that difficult.

If you're considering platting the game or are already about to and want some quick tips, check out my Platinum Trophy Review: 

https://platget.com/thedbltap-games/doom-2016/

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Hey OP, just wanted to say thanks for writing this. I grew up playing Doom, but somehow missed this when it came out. After reading your review, I picked it up and had a great time. Finished the campaign yesterday, now going back to clean up collectibles. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

Hey OP, just wanted to say thanks for writing this. I grew up playing Doom, but somehow missed this when it came out. After reading your review, I picked it up and had a great time. Finished the campaign yesterday, now going back to clean up collectibles. 

Hey, that's amazing!

I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

I'm about halfway through my DOOM Eternal Plat so there'll be a review for that coming soon too!

• Like 1