Flatout

Alexgaara

Thanks mate :)

Definitely, I'd still put this 100% behind Need for Speed in terms of difficulty, but I think it comes down to personal preferences, and people who aren't used to rally games are in for a tough one (though the game deserves all the investments needed to see it through!).

• Like 1

Huge thanks for the guidelines! Once I got towards the Championship ones, I found myself sometimes losing out by only a few seconds. So from then on, I started writing down my times for each stage so if I miss out again, I could compare times and see where I needed to improve. So thanks also for making my time a little easier! Haha.

I will say though that I thought there was a glitch! I was getting frustrated with that Australia one. (3-10) I had written times after my first go and again, I was still miles off. So I moved onto the next scenario and was able to do that one fine. Then I saw your post and compared my times to yours and I had the same time, but when I first did it, I was approx 20 seconds behind the AI! Also when I first finished it, I didn't even realise your teammate retires in the last stage haha.

Anyway, thanks again for this man! ?

PS: I should also add that I received a message yesterday saying their trophies didn't unlock for completing all scenarios on any difficulty. They said they then did them all on Very Hard after and that too didn't unlock. So maybe as a precaution, that everyone backs up their saves before doing the last one! Just to be safe. Thought I'd pass that information on. ?

• Like 1

Thanks guys, appreciated!

@SolidNinjaSnake Yeah wasn't much of a fan of how you had to go blind and hope for the best on some of those championships, cause you had no idea what to actually aim for.

You definitely got the bug yeah, Ghost had the same issue on Australia earlier, being even faster than me, but still 20 seconds behind first, he restarted and worked properly this time.

Still have no idea what causes the bug, I fortunately enough didn't get it, while Ghost seem to get it pretty often :/

I'll edit the first post to add a warning about backing up your save (would it work though, I've been told your data are saved server side?...), for what it's worth, I went and did all the events in order, maybe only the last one nets you the trophies? (that would be stupid, but you never know with those kinds of problems)

@x7eightI would think so, depending on the race you're not always the last one to go, so there might be an AI that sets a better time than the ones you're competing against, but with a 19 seconds lead and being 5th, that does sounds like the bug.

Unfortunately I didn't keep track of my times on the events that consists of just 1 race (and the first Monte-Carlo too, cause it seemed straight forward enough).

@eduardohrksIt would seem so, though it may just be because I've had the chance to not get hit bugs while others didn't...

Though, first time I get a trophy and still have the time to see the 0.0% rarity next to it, rare sight ^^

• Like 3

Do you or anyone else have any advice for the final scenario? I thought this one would be a pain as I failed it a few times the first time around haha! Not from the average speed, but the damage. I always seem to get damaged without hitting anything. The only thing I can think of is one of the jumps, as on landing it always does like a damage sound effect. Surely I can't slow down for it though? I mean, I'm still yet to hit the average speed and am always somewhere between 69 and 70mph. ?

I was afraid because of that jump too, so I slowed down a bit (still had some air time though), ended up without any damages, so it my come from somewhere else.

I'll upload my run in like 10 minutes and edit this post with the link, if that can help you figure out where you might damage your car.

I'll also try and edit my first post this evening with times of the 1st or 2nd (depending on mine) AI, that way you guys will be able to easily know wether your championship has glitched or not.

Here's the vid, don't really know where you could get damages without noticing it, aside from the jump obviously.

You'd think they'd give you some QoL by adding something on the screen to tell you when you're run is already negated, but no.

Edit: I'm wondering, do you run into things after the end of the track? Maybe damage done after would still count toward the challenge (that's why I ran over that poor dude at the end, not knowing if braking there would lower my average speed)...

Edited by Alexgaara

Thanks for the video. I had to come off the game after my post, but I'm gonna head back on and try again now. The jump where I can only think of getting damage is at 4:34 on your video but it's quite the same impact as you. Maybe I'm slightly touching things to the side of the road and it builds up over time? I dunno. I guess I'll just keep trying haha.

3 minutes ago, Alexgaara said:

Well done mate, congrats!

Anything you did differently compared to those runs where you had medium damages?

Or are those jumps landings luck based damage wise?

Honestly? I have no idea haha! ?

I guess I tried to take it easier on the corners in case I was accidentally clipping the outside slightly but yeah. Same for the inside too I guess. Either way, done now so no worries haha. ?

• Like 1

I'm doing 3-12 Greece, I got good times for stage 1 and 2 earlier today, come back on and the cpu is doing 6:08 instead of 6:27 on stage 3, wtf kind of nonsense is this?  

Also can confirm the stage 3 time for 3-11 monte Carlo should be 2:31 not 2:12, so you guys did it with glitched time, stuff likes this just makes me want to stop bothering.

Edit, so I started over and yet again I get the 6:08 time on stage 3, 

Edited by x7eight
Pos

Damn, that sucks!

Before trying it again (if you do, I'd understand if you don't, that would've frustrated me too much, leading to a break for sure), maybe try and set the difficulty to 92, start the event, retire, and put it back on 91 again... Might want to scratch that idea since it seems like this sort of things could be the reason the trophies don't pop...

Since this game is pretty much online only, I'm wondering if the Codemasters servers aren't acting up (like wrong settings saved on their end for some reason, who knows) and that'd be messing up with the times you have to beat.

Are you far into the DLC?

You could always wait for an update (though I'm wondering if they'll bother updating that, since they never updated base games trophies that don't unlock when using 2019 RX cars).

And thanks for the info about the glitched times, updated the first post.

Edited by Alexgaara

@Alexgaara been keeping up with you the whole way through, within a few seconds of each other, I’m on the last few now but I can’t match your times in the last Sweden event, and the times you posted still only gave a couple seconds leeway, any chance of some yt vids on those stages with the focus?

@Shmeefly The 4-6 Sweden one right? My 3rd run was booked on my first try (I'll edit the 1st post afterwards to mention it, cause that is indeed an important piece of information, sorry, forgot about that), and since it was my first one I didn't drive particularily well, so there's some time to gain there (if you're 5-6 seconds behind after the first 2 tracks I think you'd still be able to get it with a good run.

And Ghost-TeamX has a video of the event here ;)

20 hours ago, x7eight said:

Also can confirm the stage 3 time for 3-11 monte Carlo should be 2:31 not 2:12, so you guys did it with glitched time, stuff likes this just makes me want to stop bothering.

You sure about this? I tried the event multiple times, changing difficulties and connecting disconnecting from the internet, and it always stayed 2:12.823 for me. I completed the event with the allegedly glitched time with almost 10 seconds below the target time, what makes me think that the event would be way too easy if 2:31 is the real target time. Maybe the time-glitch also works the other way around sometimes? Unfortunately I didn't write down all my times from the beginning. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

You sure about this? I tried the event multiple times, changing difficulties and connecting disconnecting from the internet, and it always stayed 2:12.823 for me. I completed the event with the allegedly glitched time with almost 10 seconds below the target time, what makes me think that the event would be way too easy if 2:31 is the real target time. Maybe the time-glitch also works the other way around sometimes? Unfortunately I didn't write down all my times from the beginning. 

Did you try Internet on/off once you get to the 3rd stage or did you start the event over multiple times?

I made a back up save at the end of stage 2 in the Greece event in case it glitches and no matter what I did I couldn't get the time fixed reloading saves or disconnecting from the Internet, I think it's all predetermined once you start.

I'm not sure if it works the other way, but can really confirm that's the time I got when I tried monte Carlo. The stage 3 time did seem way more crazy than the other stages as well if you look at other people's times.

My Greece event didn't glitch out on my 3rd try now, but the previous 2 times I quit the game and continued later and got the glitched time.

On monte Carlo I also continued the next day but got the 2:31 time.

I'm really not sure what's going on.

We should try add times for all other events as well. I will keep note of my times in future events.

Edited by x7eight
  • Like 1

@Ghost-TeamX

That pretty confirms my glitches then, I tried doing it all offline and quiting in between stages still messed me up.

I think the issue is if you quit and come back even if you're offline it just saves "very hard" and not very hard at 91, so it defaults to 100 very hard difficulty? I dont think the game saves it's own difficulties besides the 5 presets at max level of those presets.

For monte Carlo stage 3, my time really might have glitched in a positive way then because I also left after the 2nd event and finished the next day. But still the time for stage 3 at 2:12 seems glitched if when even Alex is 20s behind it and  it's also it's the same as stage 2 just reversed. 

Anyhoo, it's codemasters blatant disregard for achievements and trophies working properly that's so annoying, can't agree more with you on that front. I had to do the Sunday driver trophy 4 times with nothing different until it unlocked.

But yeah I think I may be done, my friend spent 10hrs on the mg challenges yesterday and couldn't do it so no way I'll be able to do those lol.

• Like 3