Flatout

Alexgaara

On 12/5/2021 at 10:09 PM, Alexgaara said:

If even after doing that the game messes up the very next time you start a new event you could try and delete your save file yeah. It is indeed synced iirc, but you can delete it by going in Settings -> Profile -> Progress reset (do it at your own risk obviously, can't say if it would fix your issue or not).

This worked. I've now finished all the trophies. I'm so happy! ?

Winning RX championship on 100% difficulty with assists off after this was super easy, barely an inconvenience. Took me maybe less than an hour. I was stuck on some of those later Colin championships for days.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, after I checked the summary of the year 2021 on official playstation site it seems that this game was my favourite from all :D And it was to be honest, all because of flatout trophy. Those challenges were God damn hard but that feeling after you done the scenario was priceless ? I'm curious how much time did you spent playing DR 2.0? My total time was 144 hours (thought it was easily around 300h) ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at very last event right now, didn't bother changing from metrics to imperial since I didn't need it for the other MG event... Just scored 112.9 km/h average on a clean run. I would have got the trophy with imperial ?

Lesson learnt, now I'm switching!

Thanks a lot for the guide with the reference times, it helped me to know when to restart a race and when to consider it a pass. I confess I used the easier glitched times on the last Wales event with the Fabia, somehow I found the normal times very hard there compared to the rest of this campaign (I also successfuly completed another even with harder glitched times though).

Time to finish this journey!

Edited by RevoCHX
  • Like 1

Quick update, only 4 events to go. 2 Greece and the last 2 Scotland ones at the end. Sometimes when I look at the times to beat I’m way off, but after a bit of practice the times are fair. Anyway, I know I can do it now and it’s only a matter of time. 

And, all done. What a ride this trophy was, very fun but very frustrating at the same time. I do admit, I got pretty good at racing there, the second to last Scotland event I got an average speed of exactly 65 mph so if I hadn’t changed to imperial I don’t think I would’ve passed. 

oh well, I’d like to thank everyone on the topic for their help and input and times to beat. Very helpful, and although it might seem daunting to begin, it is definitely doable. 

Edited by closertim
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@RevoCHX & @closertim Congratulations on the 100% guys, nice to see people still going for, and conquering this challenge ?

On 22/01/2022 at 11:41 PM, MajloHS93 said:

I'm curious how much time did you spent playing DR 2.0? My total time was 144 hours (thought it was easily around 300h) 1f605.png

TrueTrophies says I'm at 91h05. Would've thought I had more hours into the game as well, though each minutes spend on it was a bliss!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 19.03.2022 at 11:40 AM, uominee said:

i can't pass 2nd stage of monte carlo 3-1, the guide said the AI to beat is 7:32 and the best i can do is 7:25, and is it patched in some time ago to 7:20 ?

I highly recommend doing all multistages of the scenario in one go, otherwise if you quit back to main menu of the game during the middle of multistages scenario the bad glitch with impossible times to beat might activate. Try to be faster on first stages so that way you can shave some precious seconds on last stages of the scenario. I remember I had 15 seconds of advantage from 2nd place in last stage of Australia 1997 so I didn't need to rush as hell there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've just started doing these. I'm guessing the green/yellow/red stages in the trophy guide on here relate to difficulty, so if I'm 3 seconds ahead of the fastest possible time on stage 1-2 (yellow), which was a time even with a spin when I hit a rock, that means I'm in a good place for the rest of them, right?

• 1 year later...

Getting through this myself with 7 more to go in era 4 at the moment, some great tips in this thread.

Some of the earlier ones felt hard as you were getting used to doing things at speed and it really is down to which tracks you are comfortable with. I'm bad at Scotland and Wales (side trenches, and piles of logs everywhere), Greece ( this is artificially hard where they placed car destroying boulders) and obviously the very long 9 minute tracks requiring near perfection. Whereas I am pretty fast on Monte Carlo, Finland and Argentina. Thank god there were no Poland ones.

The two average speed ones are the ones that worry me, pedal to the Medal took me a long time and a lot of practice plus it is in Group B 4WD which I'm awful at driving. Definitely amongst the hardest trophies I have ever attempted.

Even after this it isn't a gimme as I have Sunday Driver to get and I HATE rallycross.

EDIT: finally got it done. I don't think the Scotland average speed ones are the hardest (because the Metro is actually a beast of a car), had more trouble with Greece and Wales tier 4 events and some of the tier 2 ones.

Edited by Shady_Wombat

• 3 weeks later...

Over 3 years late to the party, but I still wanna thank Alexgaara and all members who contributed to this thread. The individual stage records, controller/settings, event tips & tricks, glitch warnings, general feedback and overall encouragement were all truly helpful ! The Flatout trophy is the hardest trophy/achievement I've earned to date, and I know I would've given up long ago if this thread didn't exist. The multi-stage records alone saved me countless hours of blind attempts, especially on those events with 4 or 5 stages. Seeing other members post about their steady progress also encouraged me to keep going.

Like many here, I started with the first set of events and got burned hard on the RWD Sierra events. I took a very long break after completing the brutal 1-5 New Zealand event in one sitting, and nearly gave up on this trophy because I mistakenly believed the rest of the events were going to be just as difficult, if not worse. But I ended up giving Flatout another shot earlier this year, and slowly worked through the events, taking shorter breaks where necessary, or whenever life commitments got in the way. Fortunately, by the time I reached the 4WD Impreza stages, I realized Flatout was not as impossible as it seemed, and increasingly believed it was very much achievable with persistent practice. From then on, there was no turning back, not just because I didn't want to waste months of progress, but more so because I became confident enough with my skills, and figured it was only a matter of time.

The Pedal to the Metal trophy was no big issue either, as I attempted it right after finishing all the Impreza S4 events. The fourth set of events was actually easier than expected, except maybe for the Focus and Fabia multi-stage events in Wales (kept crashing there). On that note, I recall getting burned hard on the multi-stage Finland event with the 4WD Legacy. Only later did I realize I had forgotten to turn off stability and traction control for 4WD cars! Fortunately, it was mostly smooth sailing after that... except for those stages in Wales, Scotland and Greece (outside logs/trees/rocks, surface camber/bumps, fast straights into tight hairpins). I don't remember struggling too much in Germany, Sweden, Monte Carlo or Australia, and I also recall having an easier time in Spain, Argentina and New Zealand. The final Scotland event with the Metro took me about 6 hours or so. I tried it with stability and traction control set to 1, 3, and turned off; ended up leaving both off. Managed to book a clean run... at 69.9 MPH / ~7:02 (I was too jaded to get upset...). About 30 minutes later, got both trophies at 70.7 MPH / ~6:55.

I'm not sure if there's anything I can contribute to this thread that hasn't already been mentioned. For those who still plan to get Flatout, my best advice is to just practice, and never give up ! This trophy is very hard, but it's also very fair; there's no RNG or AI nonsense here (unlike NFS 2015 or Soulslike games). The tracks and cars stay unchanged, and the more time you spend practicing the same tracks and cars, the closer you will get to the passing threshold for each event. Just remember to use soft tyres and ditch the spare whenever possible, and complete all multi-stage events in one sitting (Rest mode with your PS4/PS5 should work too, but I didn't try it). Personally, I didn't waste time with car tuning or controller settings, I just used a regular DS4 with automatic gears and vibration feedback turned off (to conserve battery charge for multi-stage events). I only watched a single video guide by Ghost-TeamX for a Monte Carlo stage with the '95 Impreza. The vast majority of my time was just spent learning, pushing and restarting over and over again, until I somehow managed to pass the event, or got a time within 2 to 5 seconds from the multi-stage records above.

I hope my post will add to the already strong encouragement in this thread. Although, I worry that the upcoming EA Sports WRC (spiritual successor to Dirt Rally 2.0) will likely lead to the delisting of DR 2.0 and all its DLC in the near future (for reference, EA has already delisted Dirt Rally 1 and Dirt 4 in late 2022). It might also be unwise to keep DR 2.0 in your backlog for too long, because the whole game requires 'always-online' functionality, and EA may shut down server support with little warning. For this reason, I'm really relieved to have 100% completed DR 2.0 before the launch of EA Sports WRC altogether. Both EA and Codemasters have screwed me over many online-enabled and DLC trophies/achievements in the past, as far back as the original GRID and the Black Box NFS titles.

On a side note, I actually got DR 2.0 from PS Plus in April 2020, loved the game and wanted to get the DLC packs, but they were too expensive at the time. For some reason, the Game Of The Year Edition DLC (base game and all post-launch DLC) only went on sale for a brief period between December 2021 and August 2022 for PSN's Asia region stores. Luckily, I bought it on sale during that brief window, otherwise you wouldn't see my post here, as I would've never gotten the chance to attempt the Flatout trophy... Anyway, the EU and NA stores don't have this issue; the GOTY Edition DLC is on sale right now. I wish all prospective Flatout-ers the very best! If there's a trophy that serves as a 'rite of passage' for racing game enthusiasts in the PS4/XB1 era, Flatout is definitely in the Top 5, if not Top 3 must haves.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Also joined the club 💪This thread has been a very helpful resource for beating the scenarios.

For me the key to success was to jump in the cold water and use these input settings, especially the steering sensitivity:

On 8/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, Scoorpox said:

Steering sensitivity 100

Steering Linearity 0

Steering Dead zone 0

Steering Saturation 40

Throttle Deadzone 0

Throttle Saturation 60

Break Deadzone 0

Brake Saturation 65

At first, it’s super hard to control since you are constantly twitching left and right the entire stage, but after a while you get used to it and ultimately become much faster.

The McRae DLC trophies took me around 35 hours to complete and I would say the trophy guide makes it seem much worse than it actually is. I would recommend to anyone who wants to take on the challenge but doesn't have the confidence and/or feels to intimated (as I was at the beginning) to go through with it!

Edited by Alex_R-13
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It took me about 18 hours to finish 1-5 New Zealand stages . It really makes me feel desperate. How do you guys manage to complete an event in just a few hours? Is a wheel really easier to get this trophy than a controller? If so, I might have to consider buying one.

On 3/14/2024 at 4:35 AM, Mou_Lou_Nei_Diu said:

It took me about 18 hours to finish 1-5 New Zealand stages . It really makes me feel desperate. How do you guys manage to complete an event in just a few hours? Is a wheel really easier to get this trophy than a controller? If so, I might have to consider buying one.

You definitely don't need a wheel. If you have never played with one it will take literally hundreds of hours to get better than you are with a controller if you are used to this device – especially with rally-racing. Track-racing is a lot easier to pick-up with a wheel. 

I can only speak for myself but I played both Dirt Rally games many many hours before this DLC was released so it wasn't such a steep learning curve. I completed quite a few events first try – mostly the multi-stage-events because there is a lot of room for error. Others took me many hours too. You will definitely get there. Also the events do not become more difficult from my experience, so if you managed to complete the first set you can beat all stages. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 12:35 AM, Mou_Lou_Nei_Diu said:

Dont worry I had multiple events it took me similar or even more, I ended up with 310h total time the 100%, it is really that hard on a controller, also it was my 1st rally game ever and I played the plat on 0 difficulty lol, if I did it you can aa well

• 2 weeks later...