Flatout

Alexgaara

@scheishaufen62 Thanks ?

Yeah I wasn’t a fan of having no idea about what time to aim for, I get their idea, it’s the same situation as in an actual rally, but it didn’t translate well into a game and that kind of challenge (it’s one of the 2 things I didn’t like much about this challenge, with the last event where you can’t take much damage, but you don’t have any feedback about medium damage anywhere except right at the very end, forcing you to finish already voided runs).

Went through all the events taking notes exactly for this reason, I would pretty much continue if I was 1st, or I knew I did a pretty good run I wouldn’t be able to improve much on, which worked on most of the events, but for some of them I had to replay from the start, with that added bit of knowledge of what to actually aim for.

Right there with you with the difficulty of the game, at least they added an actual tough trophy with this DLC, forcing you to master the game, which felt nice!

I was sad to see the hillclimb events gone as well, keeping Pikes Peak & adding others would’ve been amazing, especially since I’m not too keen on RX stuff, they could scrap it from the game entirely and I wouldn’t even care personally, especially if it meant more locations & hillclimbs.

Here’s hoping they actually get around to fixing this trophy though, knowing how tough & long it can be, having that sword of Damocles above your head is unforgivable!

@Leonkiller-7 Well done!

Those 2 scenarios with the Ford Cosworth were amongst the hardest ones for me, by far, good luck on the road ahead ;)

@Orphioon I’d put it below NFS Prestige events, which took me much longer than this one (thanks to the really tight times & scores required, and that for some reason you’d sometime literally lose control of your car for no good reasons).

NFS events were shorter though, so you didn’t have to be as much focused on it, which could be an added difficulty on Dirt Rally 2 if you can’t stay concentrated for 7-8 minutes at a time.

GT5 was quite something, especially with a controller, but there were only 3 events (thankfully!), and they were shorter as well, but required perfect lines while “Flatout” requires pretty damn good runs, but never asking you to drive perfectly, you can make it through with small mistakes.

Those games difficulties can also vastly vary if you’re playing with a wheel or controller, but yeah it'd be like : NFS - DR2 - GT5 - WHD for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Orphioon said:

How would this trophy compare to other hard racing game trophies, for example Wipeout HDs hardest, Need for Speed Prestige gold events, Gran Turismo 5 Red bull events. From what i researched on this game, it seems that this might be one of the hardest racing game trophies out there.

NFS Prestige is harder I'd say, mostly due to the fact NFS's gameplay is pretty shitty and I never felt like mastering the game would do the trick for me. But all the other games mentioned are easier in my memory: Wipeout is a lot easier and GT5 and Trackmania are slightly easier than DR2. Assetto Corsa is far more difficult than DR2, if you are looking for something more difficult. 

AC - NFS - DR2 - TM - GT5 - WHD - DR1 (- blur)

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Leonkiller-7 said:

I am on the 1992 Sweden ... damn, I can't see the road here :rolleyes:

I found that reducing the brightness and raising the colour settings on my TV helped with visibility in Sweden. Might be different settings depending on your TV.

• Like 2

@Steef187 Thanks for the tip, added to the 1st post :)

@wtru9 Congratulations man, well done, welcome to the club ?

Indeed, aside from the raw skill required, learning from your mistakes is vital for this one (and like you said, once you pinpoint the trickiest part of those races, and adjust your driving lines accordingly, you get into a pretty nice flow, going through some corners at ludicrous speeds, way more than you'd thought to be possible).

Funnily enough, that 5 stage Scenario at Wales with the Skoda had me panicking for a bit, it's one of those events I had to redo, and if I remember correctly I was a good 15 seconds slower than what was actually required, so I started thinking it was gonna be the hardest event to get done, because of that crazy gap.

Turned out I just drove really poorly my 1st time through ^^

I really wonder what happened with the pacenotes of Scotland events, it seems like every languages have the same problem, while the main game has like 1 or 2 places where the codriver has late|wrong calls.

Thanks for your feedback and your kind words, greatly appreciated!

Oh and btw, love your profile pic <3

• Like 2

Very well done @Steef187!

Props on your dedication man, must've been a wild ride!

Sorry to hear about that Pedal to the Metal time, good to see it didn't stop you from overcoming this challenge though.

Thankfs for leaving your experience with the DLC, and a well deserved congratulations as well ?

Great news,  will be interesting to see what effect this new patch will have, hopefully they haven't made it much easier. Very glad to see the damage requirements in some challenges fixed though. Should definitely be more managable for more people now.

Edited by x7eight
  • Like 1

@Matej558 Hey, thanks for posting this, wasn't aware of the patch.

Updated the 1st post accordingly, leaving some stuff in there just in case, until I've been told that it indeed works the way it should.

Edit: OK, just done 1-5 & 3-6 again, and updated the times in the spoilers.

1-5 ended up being way easier, with 10 more seconds to work with, and 3-6 is barely harder than before, with just a 2 seconds improvement from the second place over a 23 minutes event.

Edited by Alexgaara
  • Like 3

Congrats @Matej558 ?

Yeah thanks to the patch 4-11 became a proper & fair challenge.

About "That's Dedication", was one of your 3 challenge around the time the game hit PS+?

Because with all the connection issues that seemed to happen, one of those completion could've not registered (just a guess though).

If it's like the 3-6 scenario (Wales 1995), they got barely harder (that one is a 5 stage scenario, lasting about 23 minutes, and it got harder by exactly 2 seconds).

I haven't tried the other ones though, so I can't say (I don't even have the time they required before the update anyway, as they're all single tracks scenarios, except the Wales one).

Most of those that got slightly harder were amongst the easier ones for me, some of them I even ended up getting on my 1st try, so yeah like you said I don't think the ones that had their time changed would be the deal breaker for this trophy.

• Like 1

It depends, if you played through the career with the "very easy" setting, it's gonna be a hell of a lot harder.

If you got through it while playing on very hard it's gonna be about the same difficulty.

I'd personally give this trophy difficulty a 7-8/10, while the base game was at best a 3/10 (and only thanks to "Fire Up That Car... Again" which could be a pain if you're not used to racing games).

29 minutes ago, talespagni said:

I'm waiting for a discount on the season pass, so I can finally buy it and try the DLC. The game is awesome and very well done. And I agree with a previous post of yours, that they could take off the rallycross part and it wouldn't make a difference. I really miss the pike's peak parts, too.

I hope for you i'm wrong ... but i think you will wait a long time without seeing any discount on season pass =/

As usual with PS+ games, DLC won't see a discount anymore -_-

You can just check on ps store ... full version of the game (base game + all DLC) is on sale on EU store for 20€ ... and season pass is at  ... 20€ !

Yaaayyyy thank you sony to make this happening again and again and again ><

Edited by seblegamer

9 hours ago, talespagni said:

@Alexgaara

Hey Alex, thanks for the reply!

I don't think the career has a difficulty slider, does it? I don't remember changing it, only in the custom events.

Anyways, I've been playing the rally career mode and winning all events with a big margin, 2 to 3 minutes from the 2nd place. The 1st Dirt Rally game was way more difficult, IMO.

I'm waiting for a discount on the season pass, so I can finally buy it and try the DLC. The game is awesome and very well done. And I agree with a previous post of yours, that they could take off the rallycross part and it wouldn't make a difference. I really miss the pike's peak parts, too.

Yeah the career mode doesn't have difficulty, but as you complete championships the difficulty goes up, at the start it's easy on the open level championships and gets harder as you move up.

It goes, open- clubman - pro - elite - masters. 

Though I don't think you have to get very far into it for trophies. The career mode is basically all the daily, weekly, monthly challenges. There's no real reason to do the standard championships in career after getting the trophies.