Flatout

Alexgaara

This DLC is killing me. 

Its the most fun I've had in a while, but damn, it is demanding. Every scenario feels like it should has its own trophy (well most of them). I finished the Finland scenario today, still a long way to go. :D 

@Alexgaara Thanks for the times, they really help out alot.

• Like 4

tales, Oops, sorry, you're totally right, carrer mode doesn't have any difficulty settings aside from the damage one (goes to show how bad my memory is, barely a month and I already forgot stuff like this).

I sadly didn't make it all the way to the "masters" difficulty (avoided continuing the career after being done with 100%, would've been too much Dirt in a way too short timespan), so I can't really say how it'd compare next to the McRae events, though a 2-3 minutes lead on the hardest events is a good omen for your chances at what's to come.

I understand your desire to wait for a price drop, though the more you'll wait, the harder it'll get, since you have a lot of track knowledge right now, which could be a big plus for you.

It's by no mean an impossible task, just that the longer you'll wait, the more time you'll have to spend re acquiring the skills necessary to make it through.

Here's hoping they'll put Pikes Peak back with other hillclimb events in the next Dirt Rally :)

@Mori Haha, I know that feeling.

It was indeed a fun challenge (even if a bit unfair at times), seeing yourself improve and scratching off those last few secs you need is a pretty good sensation!

Good luck for what's to come, and well done on that Finland one, it was a pretty hard one to get through!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed tagged name, per request
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Quick question: can you tune the cars to their full capacity in the garage and use them for the events in this trophy? Just wasn't sure if the tuning option could affect anything in the offline mode.

There are some scenarios, which allow tuning, but most dont have this option.

I dont know if it works the way you described, but I doubt it.

I've got it! Thanks for the reference times on some of the multi stage events. 

I had to learn the entirety of Greece as I was awful before. Also I had the misery of averaging 69.9 MPH on the final challenge at Scotland when I needed 70 MPH. Took another hour to get it, with 73 MPH

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BraddersVee said:

I've got it! Thanks for the reference times on some of the multi stage events. 

I had to learn the entirety of Greece as I was awful before. Also I had the misery of averaging 69.9 MPH on the final challenge at Scotland when I needed 70 MPH. Took another hour to get it, with 73 MPH

Well, you beat me by half and hour. :D

Congratz man.

I had a 112,9 kmh run (113 required). Later had a 114 kmh run but unfortunately my PS4 messed up my recording, so I spent another hour to get my video. :D

Flatout is no doubt in my Top 3 hardest Trophies of all time.

What a ride. Now I dont know what to with myself. :D

Edited by Mori
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mori said:

Well, you beat me by half and hour. :D

Congratz man.

I had a 112,9 kmh run (113 required). Later had a 114 kmh run but unfortunately my PS4 messed up my recording, so I spent another hour to get my video. :D

Flatout is no doubt in my Top 3 hardest Trophies of all time.

What a ride. Now I dont know what to with myself. :D

Congrats :) Maybe join a Racenet Club? Or try a different rally game? 

@whittle181 I haven't tried it personally, but I highly doubt it.

Like Mori said, most of the events have you starting with a pre tuned car, while the multi stage events allows you to tune the car between events, I don't believe upgrading the engine would change anything, but I haven't seen anything anywhere confirming or denying this idea.

@BraddersVee & @Mori Very well done guys!

Both of you failing that last event by a decimal is pretty crazy, congrats for making it through ? (And 73 MPH must've been a banger of a run!)

• Like 1

Hello all !! Finally made it to 100% and finished every scenario in very hard (91:P) !!

I want to say big "THANKS" to @Alexgaara and @Ghost-TeamX for their guides!!! The guides(times and videos) helped me tremendously!!! I would also like to make o few comments:

• After i finished the scenarios i went back to career which i had left in "pro" difficulty and i was struggling for the time being, now i noticed that it is a peace of cake,i am curious how it is going to be in "elite" and "master"?
  •  At the start of this game Greece event was one off my least favorites events, but after finishing all the scenarios it came up to be my favorite along with USA !!!
  • My most demanding and hated scenarios was all of the Australia especially the one with the Skoda WRC (just cant control this car) !!!
  • I think that for me Dirt rally 2.0 is the best rally game i played since playstation 2 era !!

I had lots of fun in this game and i have still many thinks to do!!!

• Like 4

I’ve just got this trophy. A month ago, when I started this game for the first time, I had problems on easy difficulty. Earlier I had had no contact with racing games (apart from NFS). The first challenge (Scotland probably) took me 3 days and at the beginning the time seemed impossible to beat. Somehow it went slowly, and I finished one event each day, until I did a few a day. Today was the time for some final challenges including Metro. 4 times I had an average speed of 69.9mi / h, which was very frustrating, but eventually i completed it. Big thanks for your support, videos and time tables. Without it, getting this trophy would not have been possible.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, x_Alexandross_x said:

Hello all !! Finally made it to 100% and finished every scenario in very hard (91:P) !!

I want to say big "THANKS" to @Alexgaara and @Ghost-TeamX for their guides!!! The guides(times and videos) helped me tremendously!!! I would also like to make o few comments:

• After i finished the scenarios i went back to career which i had left in "pro" difficulty and i was struggling for the time being, now i noticed that it is a peace of cake,i am curious how it is going to be in "elite" and "master"?
  •  At the start of this game Greece event was one off my least favorites events, but after finishing all the scenarios it came up to be my favorite along with USA !!!
  • My most demanding and hated scenarios was all of the Australia especially the one with the Skoda WRC (just cant control this car) !!!
  • I think that for me Dirt rally 2.0 is the best rally game i played since playstation 2 era !!

I had lots of fun in this game and i have still many thinks to do!!!

Congratz! :)

I 100% feel you with Australia. The last event was made (slightly) harder, and it made me go mad. Those fences are pure terror. :D 

• Like 1

@x_Alexandross_x Congrats on the trophy mate, I’m happy to see this topic is still pretty helpful to you guys.

I remember not really liking Greece much after my first run through as well (in Dirt Rally), but after playing it more, honing my skills, I found it to be the fairer of them all, and the one I had the most fun on (Argentina would take this place on Dirt Rally 2, mainly thanks to the beautiful scenery and the Greece feeling I tend to get on it, even if not as hard and | or rewarding).

As for the Master difficulty, I’m not 100% sure, but if it’s anything like in Dirt Rally you’re probably gonna run over the opposition now that you’ve mastered the game :)

@pecior7 & @Leonkiller-7 Congratulations guys, very well done!

I can see both of you guys had a pretty hard time with this trophy (not as used to Rally games as others, totally understandable), though it’s really cool to see you making it through in the end, props for your perseverance through this challenge!

The first sets of events can be discouraging because of the difficulty being thrown at you, glad to see you overcame that, and that the following events became more manageable ?

• Like 2

On 29.03.2020 at 0:46 PM, Alexgaara said:

3-8 Greece - Finish in front of your Spanish teammate with a 1 minute lead

Hide contents
  1. 2:56.873     -     (3:05.630 D. Torres)
  2. 3:17.359     -     (3:32.776 D. Torres)
  3. 6:34.738     -     (7:03.889 D. Torres)
  4. 3:32.525     -     (3:43.897 D. Torres)

Getting those times would put you 1 minute and 6 seconds ahead of your teammate.

Hello! My mr. Torres always have 3:24:691 in the 4th race so that ruined my times in other 3 races... Did i got a glitch or something changed?(

Upd: yep that was a glitch ) owned this

Edited by Mang1ch
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mang1ch said:

Hello! My mr. Torres always have 3:24:691 in the 4th race so that ruined my times in other 3 races... Did i got a glitch or something changed?(

Upd: yep that was a glitch ) owned this

Sorry to hear that they didn't fix those glitched times with the patch, well done getting back on it again and owning it! :)

And thanks for leaving the glitched time, added to the 1st post.

On 28/05/2020 at 11:52 AM, Mang1ch said:

3-10 Australia also can be glitched. -10 sec for 3 and 4 race

Thanks for the feedback, updated 1st post.

Also, if you aren't already, and as pecior7 said, try and go through events in one go, not quiting between races (that seems to be the way to avoid those time glitches).

Steps to avoid time glitches (credit to Ghost-TeamX):

1. Always finish multi-stage events in one go without quitting out of the event
  2. Never even hit retire. This triggers the glitch immediately.
  3. Always do some other non DLC event before shutting off the PS4 (to make sure the game saves your progress and doesn't put you back to a championship with glitched times).
  4. Always compare your times with this thread just to be sure.
  5. If the glitch hits you, do not freak out. Restarting an entire event(may have to hit "abandon event" in the menus) will clear the glitch.
  6. If you want to be safe complete the last Scotland event in the MG Metro 6R4 as your last event.

2 hours ago, Alexgaara said:

@Mang1ch Congrats man, welcome to the club ?

Same about NFS for me, the cars handling made this one really tough, leading to many fails that I didn't feel like were really my fault (especially when you just simply lost control over the car for no apparent reasons).

Thanks bro. In the NFS, I was more hindered by random traffic and other players, since offline mode could not start due to a constant error when loading it. The only thing that was good there was that there were only two cars - 1 for grip (porsche) and 1 for drift (lambo). However, I had to try many different setups to find the best one for myself.