Alexgaara

Flatout

189 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Alexgaara said:

It's only thanks to prior experiences with racing games (and I'm pretty sure Trackmania games (since Nations ESWC) helped me a lot with racing games in general, because they forced me to learn to "properly" use the analog stick, before those games I would pretty much either push it all the way, or not at all). So when it comes to the tight roads you need to handle in Dirt Rally, I can control the car pretty well with slight turns and gentle pushes of the analog.

It might sound silly, but seeing how narrow some of those roads are, being swift on the analog tremendously helped me without a doubt.

Is it more because you lose focus over time, or just the sheer amount of difficulties the stages throws at you?

For you it might be better to focus on one location at a time, and see it finish all the events with that location.

Now wether to start with the shorter ones or the longer ones, I guess it depends about your ability to focus on long events. If you have a hard time with that, go with the short stages and progressively work your way to the longer and tougher ones; since some of the long stages are a mix of shorter ones, that could make it more manageable for you.

And yeah, those piles of woods are brutal ^^. There was even an event in Scotland with invisible wood piles (!!!) in a couple of corners (not kidding), but I'm pretty this was fixed with a later patch.

Anyway, your spirit is there, I have no doubt you'll make it through, and even though you seem to be struggling right now, you're still making steady progress between each of your posts.

See you on the 100% board in the near future 263a.png

Thank you man, yes you are right, the long km ones make me lose focus and attention over time , but the main problem with those tracks is that a lot of times they have some very trick sections that can screw you up ridiculous easily and make you restart 9 min all over again. Also the times ghost team and eletriks ( dont know how to write his name) are very tight, i manage to be a couple seconds bellow them and progress trough time, but every single event is taking me hours, at least 3 to complete. So far this is the same level as GT5, i guess i just suck, because i had experience with racing games before, a lot to be honest. But it is all about retrying a lot of times , and taking your time. Thanks a lot for the motivation

Guys the glitches still exist, monte carlo 1998 stage 3 is still at 2 12 instead of 2 31, i didnt quit the races between the event, so what did i do wrong?? so frustrating

8 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Guys the glitches still exist, monte carlo 1998 stage 3 is still at 2 12 instead of 2 31, i didnt quit the races between the event, so what did i do wrong?? so frustrating

Pretty sure 2:12 is the normal time; 2:31 can happen, which would be a helpful glitch giving you 20 more seconds to work with, but it's not the time you're supposed to get.

Edited by Alexgaara

Hi, has anyone completed this dlc using a wheel, not a controller? I'm just asking out of curiosity 

22 hours ago, KoDaX12 said:

Hi, has anyone completed this dlc using a wheel, not a controller? I'm just asking out of curiosity 

If I remember correctly @Ghost-TeamX did.

On 29-12-2020 at 0:33 AM, KoDaX12 said:

I did, it's possible.

Shouldn't this be easier with wheel instead controller? 

20 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

If you have a proper handbrake and experience with playing rally games with a wheel it is surely easier. I, for my part was never able to put down the same times with the wheel in this game as I do with the controller. Having many short corners and overall a lot steering and shifting activity makes rally games way more difficult to play/learn with a wheel than your standard sim racer á la Gran Turismo or Project Cars. That doesn't mean that Rally games are harder per se but it takes some getting used to the different driving style if you are used to racetrack racing with longer corners and a bigger emphasis on breakpoints and perfect cornering. A controller allows you to change directions in the blink of an eye what can be seen as a certain advantage. 

20 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

I personally find it a lot easier. Before getting on playing 2.0 I've played around 40h on pc in 1.0. I've gained a little bit of experience that way, but not much. 

I did play in 2.0 with a controller a little bit (to complete some boring ass trophies, for example completing 3 week events) and I gotta say it's a lot harder then playing with a wheel, especially while driving rwd cars. It's basically impossible to counter steer a bigger slide, controller is just slower than human. 

I personally find it a lot easier and I have a lot more fun driving with a wheel and H pattern shifter. Even though I'm not using my handbrake because it only works on pc so my only option is to use a button.

Those couple times when I used a controller I was bored to death. So I highly recommend using a wheel if you have one (obviously i mean some better wheel, not some shit for 50$, logitech dfgt or g25 is a total minimum) you may struggle at the beginning but once you get a hang of it, it's so much fun. 

I use thrustmaster t300 + tlcm pedals + th8a shifter if anyone wants to know. 

@bdias10 Glad to see you conquered it mate!
More than deserved, knowing how much hours and dedication you put into this one 👍

4 hours ago, KoDaX12 said:

I personally find it a lot easier. Before getting on playing 2.0 I've played around 40h on pc in 1.0. I've gained a little bit of experience that way, but not much. 

I did play in 2.0 with a controller a little bit (to complete some boring ass trophies, for example completing 3 week events) and I gotta say it's a lot harder then playing with a wheel, especially while driving rwd cars. It's basically impossible to counter steer a bigger slide, controller is just slower than human. 

I personally find it a lot easier and I have a lot more fun driving with a wheel and H pattern shifter. Even though I'm not using my handbrake because it only works on pc so my only option is to use a button.

Those couple times when I used a controller I was bored to death. So I highly recommend using a wheel if you have one (obviously i mean some better wheel, not some shit for 50$, logitech dfgt or g25 is a total minimum) you may struggle at the beginning but once you get a hang of it, it's so much fun. 

I use thrustmaster t300 + tlcm pedals + th8a shifter if anyone wants to know. 

I'm using G29 with Wheel Stand Pro, never had problems with it and I made platinum in Dirt Rally 1, GT Sport, PCars 1 & 2 and etc. I'm having tons of fun in DR2 right now. Before that I had DFGT and made platinum in GT5 (Vettel challenges) and GT6. So yeah, I know my wheel pretty good, so I hope it won't be that frustrating. 

14 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

I'm using G29 with Wheel Stand Pro, never had problems with it and I made platinum in Dirt Rally 1, GT Sport, PCars 1 & 2 and etc. I'm having tons of fun in DR2 right now. Before that I had DFGT and made platinum in GT5 (Vettel challenges) and GT6. So yeah, I know my wheel pretty good, so I hope it won't be that frustrating. 

Looks like you are ready to go, good luck and have fun getting a plat in this one