Is this the worst Borderlands game?

arcanehornet_

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I really enjoyed it, even though something weird happened with the story in the last act - I'm pretty sure something went a bit odd in the background during development, there were so many gaps, holes and weird narrative decisions. It wasn't my favourite in the series though and unlike the other games and I haven't really felt like going back and doing a harder playthrough or one with a different vault hunter. I have actually been enjoying the DLC more than the main game at the moment.

I guess my order of enjoyment goes like this:

1. Borderlands 2
  2. Tales from the Borderlands
  3. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  4. Borderlands 3
  5. Borderlands

This in a nutshell^

My 2 biggest problems with BL3, are the weak story and the fact there is zero reason to start Playthrough 2 or even bother creating more than 1 character once you've finished the game. Here's my order of preference:

1: BL2

2: TPS - This has the absolute best story of the lot IMO but the lack of endgame content really hurts the game overall.

3: Tales

4: BL3

5: BL1

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This in a nutshell^

My 2 biggest problems with BL3, are the weak story and the fact there is zero reason to start Playthrough 2 or even bother creating more than 1 character once you've finished the game. Here's my order of preference:

1: BL2

2: TPS - This has the absolute best story of the lot IMO but the lack of endgame content really hurts the game overall.

3: Tales

4: BL3

5: BL1

Yeah, the story...especially the ending, it was so fucking bad. It was even worse than the ending of Bl1

I loved the game personality (But I also just love all the Borderlands games in general honestly) however the story was extremely boring, even compared to the first Borderlands. Plus 1 character in the game is THE WORST character to even be in a Borderlands game. If you've beaten the game, you know exactly which character I'm talking about.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

I loved the game personality (But I also just love all the Borderlands games in general honestly) however the story was extremely boring, even compared to the first Borderlands. Plus 1 character in the game is THE WORST character to even be in a Borderlands game. If you've beaten the game, you know exactly which character I'm talking about.

I beat the game and I’ve no idea what character you mean. There were some very terrible ones

2 hours ago, StylerX01 said:

I used to think TPS was the worst, but after I played this my mind was changed.

Sluggish gameplay, shitty story, bloated boring side quests, boring Platinum.

While I loved 2 and the first game, trying to platinum this game bored me to death. After you finish the story and get level 50, the side quests and the named locations are just a huge chore.
Did anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

To be honest the named location in b2 was a r8 chore after the story. Ive got platinum tinted glasses on i think tho because its the first borderlands game ive plated minus that telltales one

End game content was fun and added a real challenge but got repetitive. The humour was brilliant as always especially zane and mr torgue

Saying its the worst is just a compliment of how good the series is as a whole

Worst? Personally for me Borderlands 1 was the worst, if I played it first, then I woudn't definitelly touch any other Borderlands game.

Try to change my mind, but best one for me was TPS. BL2 if I think about it, it's second worst, but because others were better.  My list is something like this:

1. TPS/TFTB (this two, because they're different type of games and it's hard to choose from them), 3. BL3, 4. BL2, long nothing, BL1.

Truth is a lot of people will call it the worst game, but also a lot of others will say it's the best one.

Borderlands 3 is still 6 out of 10 for me 

good gameplay 

hate how they made the story with the twins and don’t even start about that emo, Ava 

and am playing the new dlc with hammerlock and it is boring 

even with mayhem mode on the game is lack something 

I didnt mind BL3 but yeah once I got the :platinum: I saw no incentive to do multiple playthroughs, it was a bit of a letdown for me. Clearly something happened in the end development phase where i feel the game dropped its quality.

Hell I enjoyed the AA title Darksiders Genesis over the AAA Borderlands 3 so thats saying something unfortunately

• Like 1

Played all titles on ps3 and ps4 but I agree about the side quest, there are a lot of them and they feel like a grind just because you have to do them. 

The traveling to different worlds or maps also didn't helped. 

But it's a borderlands, when they would make a huge different setup it wasn't a borderlands we know and complained about that. 

It's a solid game, only thing I don't like is they give you legendary guns like it has no value anymore.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Highly opinionated but for me....

1) Borderlands 2 (Best story/villain)

2) Borderlands 3 (Best gameplay)

3) Borderlands 1 (Great starter game)

4) Borderlands Pre-sequel (Not a bad game, but hoped for better. Fucking loved Nisha the Lawbringer though)

• Like 3

I liked 3 a lot honestly. Gameplay was super fun and felt great to play in 60 fps. I only did one character so far (robot guy) but I wouldn't mind playing through again on another if I had any friends that wanted to play it. Couldn't care less about the story, it's all about the shooting and looting for me.

Nostalgia plays in a huge factor for my ranking of the games. Had so many good memories with friends on the first two games it would be near impossible for any Borderlands game to top them for me. Also I never really cared about the story in the games. Just played them because it was the closest thing to an FPS Diablo that we'd ever get. 

1. Borderlands 2

2. Borderlands

3. Borderlands 3

4. Borderlands Pre-Sequel

5. Tales from the Borderlands (I literally fell asleep playing this game, finding out I could afk play most of it. Couldn't pay me money to stack the platinum.)