A remaster of NieR Replicant is coming to PS4.

Loved Nier Automata, loved Drakengard 3 and probably gonna love it.

A some info for people confused with what is Gestalt and Replicant - both of them are literally same games, main difference is the protagonist, in Replicant you play as young boy, in Gestalt as same guy just older

Edited by brejdak93
  • Like 2

Yes! The original NieR is such an amazing game! I really need to replay it on this account... but I'll be getting the remaster too! It's good a lot more people will be able to experience this masterpiece now who may have overlooked it before. It's definitely going to be worth a purchase!

@sona_11 Just pinging you because you mentioned hoping this would happen! Didn't want you to miss this great news!

• Like 2

According to square enix this isn't a remaster or a remake, rather an "updated version"

https://www.siliconera.com/nier-replicant-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-via-steam/

The announcement of “NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139″ for PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam came from the series’ 10th anniversary livestream. It isn’t a remaster or a remake, but what Square Enix is calling an “updated version”.  The game is being developed by Toylogic and published by Square Enix. Takahisa Taura of PlatinumGames, who worked as the senior game designer on NieR: Automata, is also working on the game.

I played the original NieR last year and I thought it was incredible. It's way better than Automata in my opinion. I like that we're getting the Replicant version of the game in the west this time around, plus the new additions will make the experience fresh for those of us who've played the game before. Really excited for this! :D

• Like 1