A remaster of NieR Replicant is coming to PS4.

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

April 2021 in Japan is what I read on gamefaqs yesterday. Nothing on western release. Maybe I repeated info that was already here?

Anyway, to keep in the mood, here's my favorite music in Nier:

The remaster, upgraded version of Nier Replicant will be launching worldwide on April 24, 2021, on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam. New artwork and screenshots.

https://www.dualshockers.com/nier-replicant-remaster-release-date-tgs-2020/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I just finished Automata.

How does this compare in terms of gameplay, tone, themes, etc? 

This will be more like Automata, Platinumgames is involved. Definitely better Gameplay than the original.

• Like 1

@Wagszilla Gameplay in the original is primarily hack & slash, some top down battling and a text heavy portion was also used to progress through the game.

There were pretty memorable and epic-like boss battles too, definitely one of my favs. Not sure how much will be tweaked for the new release, but anticipating more sleek and refined combat.

Tone is a bit somber given the world it presents itself in, but the characters and scenarios can give some emotional highs/lows.

I always thought of NieR as a dark fairy tale that is utterly fascinating. It looks and feels more organic compared to Automata.

• Like 1

I would not expect massive gameplay changes to a Remaster. Unless they are doing a full on remake it will be the same as the PS3 version. Looks good and I will get it either way myself.

EDIT: Just watched the gameplay, I will replay the PS3 version after work but this might be an actual remake using the Automata engine.

Edited by Void

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 10:00 AM, Cravinovv said:

The music to this game was nothing short of genius. A remastering of the music alone has me stoked. I wish it was Gestalt but that's a minor complaint to what was one of the PS3s greatest gems.

What is the difference between Gestalt and Replicant? I played whichever one was called “Nier” in the states.

53 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

What is the difference between Gestalt and Replicant? I played whichever one was called “Nier” in the states.

You played Gestalt

"Gestalt" had the protagonist be the girl's dad, while "Replicant" you played as the girl's brother

gestalt_replicant.jpg

It was at that weird time where JPN devs wanted to appeal to western audiences, but had no idea what to do.

"So let's change Nier protagonist to be an old man instead!"

Admitelly, I really like the old dad more, but the game was clearly made with the younger guy in mind

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

You played Gestalt

"Gestalt" had the protagonist be the girl's dad, while "Replicant" you played as the girl's brother

gestalt_replicant.jpg

It was at that weird time where JPN devs wanted to appeal to western audiences, but had no idea what to do.

Admitelly, I really like the old dad more, but the game was clearly made with the younger guy in mind

This is really the only difference. Also I think this is more of a remake as it appears they rebuilt most of the game using the Automata engine. But we wont know until the game is released. Still cannot wait this and Granblue Fantasy Re-Link.

Just for the fun of it listen to this:

Edited by Void

6 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

You played Gestalt

gestalt_replicant.jpg

And it was a good decision. It felt refreshing to be playing as an ugly middle aged dude instead of a typical bishonen anime boy. That made the character very relatable. Representation matters! 

10 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

And it was a good decision. It felt refreshing to be playing as an ugly middle aged dude instead of a typical bishonen anime boy. That made the character very relatable. Representation matters! 

I found the dynamic of saving your daughter more appealing than saving your sister as well.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Azraelka said:

Does anyone know whether there will be supplies of the white Snow Edition?

Seeing different regions of the SE store, and unfortunately White Snow CE is on 'Wait List' status. You could put yourself on the list and hope additional copies are made available when the release date nears/drops. You can also try sites like Amazon, Ebay, etc to see if 2nd party sellers will have it for sale, but most of the time those CE get marked up.

Edited by Bittersweet
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...