sunashigure1

How to farm proficiency (1200 points per minute) guide

13 posts in this topic

Received many questions on proficiency farm (in Nioh 2) and decided to make a video on how to grind it effectively.

Equip the wooden weapons for best results. Around ~1200 proficiency points per minute.
One sub-mission requires a 120k in Duals proficiency, so you have to farm it (unless you're a duals user) to be able to unlock the Platinum (all missions trophy).

Hopefully it will help! Will try to answer any questions you may have. If anyone knows some other proficiency farm methods, please post them here. Thank you in advance!

Covering every single boss in Nioh 2 (beating them solo with no damage taken, in-depth guides on their attacks, weaknesses and such) and making various other guides for Nioh 2, if someone is interested.

Happy farming!

Honestly, the best way is to focus on one weapon until you reach at least 120k proficiency and then start using the rest as they will gain proficiency faster when behind the highest weapon. Also, the higher the mission lvl the more proficiency you get so just by progressing you can easily get all weapons to 120k.

Posted (edited)

On 3/30/2020 at 10:35 PM, Herbalistiikka said:

Honestly, the best way is to focus on one weapon until you reach at least 120k proficiency and then start using the rest as they will gain proficiency faster when behind the highest weapon. Also, the higher the mission lvl the more proficiency you get so just by progressing you can easily get all weapons to 120k.

Yes, that addition (faster proficiency for the other weapons, if one weapon is at max proficiency) was included in the patch.

That said, getting all weapons to 120k easily (simply by progressing) I don't agree with. Takes a lot time, even when you play on the higher difficulty missions.

Wooden weapons (+ proficiency perks on accessories) allow you to get the needed 120k proficiency in less than 2 hours (for 1 weapon).

Also, some players may have trouble with bosses (and progression) and would prefer to get the skills faster. Moreover, this particular Dojo mission will help with Onmyo levelling as well.

Still, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thanks for the tips!

Edited by sunashigure1

2 hours ago, antmoney151 said:

where do you get the wooden weapons?

Wooden weapons are the only weapons you can use during dojo missions.

I don't know if you can find them outside of the dojo as well...

16 hours ago, antmoney151 said:

where do you get the wooden weapons?

Bosses from the dojo can drop them. They may also drop smithing texts for each weapon allowing you to forge them.

4 hours ago, Phantom2654 said:

Bosses from the dojo can drop them. They may also drop smithing texts for each weapon allowing you to forge them.

Is it any boss from a dojo? like, if the sword boss only drops wood sword then what the point, i already have the 120k to fight him. Getting the wooden sword from him would be a bit pointless as far as making my way to 120k.

On 11.4.2020 at 3:24 AM, sunashigure1 said:

Yes, that addition (faster proficiency for the other weapons, if one weapon is at max proficiency) was included in the patch.

That said, getting all weapons to 120k easily (simply by progressing) I don't agree with. Takes a lot time, even when you play on the higher difficulty missions.

Wooden weapons (+ proficiency perks on accessories) allow you to get the needed 120k proficiency in less than 2 hours (for 1 weapon).

Also, some players may have trouble with bosses (and progression) and would prefer to get the skills faster. Moreover, this particular Dojo mission will help with Onmyo levelling as well.

Still, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thanks for the tips!

Honestly, once I hit the original 180k on switchglaive (around half way through the game) I just started using other weapons and it didn't take too long into NG+ to hit 120k on all weapons without ever really grinding it out or ever using wooden swords.

Appreciate this, just finished NG and used Hatchets and Switchglaive all the way through, don't intend to switch weapons just yet since I had (and continue to have) a blast with both, so this will come in handy.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:41 PM, Doomsounder said:

Appreciate this, just finished NG and used Hatchets and Switchglaive all the way through, don't intend to switch weapons just yet since I had (and continue to have) a blast with both, so this will come in handy.

No problem. Glad I could help 😊

Tell me about it. As a spear main, it was so hard for me to adjust and use the other weapons. Wanted to be done with them as soon as possible.

That said, Switchglaive turned out to be an awesome weapon. Fluid and rangy. Packs a punch too.

Like the fact we got options - different moves, builds, loot, combos, challenge runs... Nioh has so much depth in it.

Huge replay value. Looking forward to DLC.

Posted (edited)

An easier way is to farm the boss on The High-Spirited Demon. Just keep hitting his fingers, die, then repeat. There's a shrine super close by, so makes it quicker.

Edited by SecondGenesis

On 14.05.2020 at 9:47 AM, SecondGenesis said:

An easier way is to farm the boss on The High-Spirited Demon. Just keep hitting his fingers, die, then repeat. There's a shrine super close by, so makes it quicker.

That's a great tip. Thanks, @SecondGenesis !