Why they didnt remaster the Scholarship or Anniversary Edition?

Peneuvista

Because they didn't really remaster anything. They just added trophies. The PS4 has an emulator that essentially uses the PS4 hardware to run the game and render at a higher resolution. So that they dont have to do the work to do a full remaster. Which is what they did with this game, and many of the other PS2 games on PS4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Because they didn't really remaster anything. They just added trophies. The PS4 has an emulator that essentially uses the PS4 hardware to run the game and render at a higher resolution. So that they dont have to do the work to do a full remaster. Which is what they did with this game, and many of the other PS2 games on PS4.

And I guess that they can do the same with PS3 games, so why didnt choose a better and bigger edition?

1 hour ago, Leovizzz said:

I'm thinking on purchasing it right now, but first I wanna hear: how bad is the port?

I heard that there is some fps glitches, but besides that, do the graphics ruin the experience?

Yes, FPS can fall out extremely sometimes, but I wouldnt say it ruins the experience, is an enjoyful game still. About glitches... I dont remember anything important, just save from time to time.

Edited by Peneuvista
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Peneuvista said:

And I guess that they can do the same with PS3 games, so why didnt choose a better and bigger edition?

Yes, FPS can fall out extremely sometimes, but I wouldnt say it ruins the experience, is an enjoyful game still. About glitches... I dont remember anything important, just save from time to time.

They cant do it with PS3 games, only PS2. If the PS4 would have had PS3 emulation, it would have been a big deal.

2 hours ago, Leovizzz said:

I'm thinking on purchasing it right now, but first I wanna hear: how bad is the port?

I heard that there is some fps glitches, but besides that, do the graphics ruin the experience?

As someone who just platinumed this game yesterday, I can tell you the frames are really the only issue. You get used to it after a little while. The game is still a really fun experience. The carnival is the only place you'll really hate the frames.

Also, make sure to save it as much as you can. I had a few missions that wouldn't load cutscenes and I'd have to reload saves.

• Like 2

Well first off, Bully never came to PS3 outside of shoving your PS2 disc in an OG model, or buying the downloadable PS2 Classics version.

Second, the PS2 on PS4 initiative is just that, PS2 games on PS4. 

Third, as someone who 1000GS'd the 360 Scholarship version, and platinum'd the PS4's original version, the visuals are pretty similar at the end of the day, and the extra content is nothing special at all that you would not miss. The 360 version is leeeeagues above the PS2 in terms of looks, but the PS4's PS2 emulator's upscaling brings the visuals much closer to that of the 360's. Sure the image is still a little cleaner on 360 / Xbone, but not enough that I'd say you're getting shafted in any way. 

Forth, the Anniversary version AFAIK is just the Scholarship mode cleaned up a bit more, maybe a new lighting engine ala San Andreas' re-release, so same story really with regards to comparing the two, hoooooweeeever, why it's not been ported to Switch is a question worth asking, give me my damn Rockstar fix on the go, cowards!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/03/2020 at 0:36 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well first off, Bully never came to PS3 outside of shoving your PS2 disc in an OG model, or buying the downloadable PS2 Classics version.

Second, the PS2 on PS4 initiative is just that, PS2 games on PS4. 

Third, as someone who 1000GS'd the 360 Scholarship version, and platinum'd the PS4's original version, the visuals are pretty similar at the end of the day, and the extra content is nothing special at all that you would not miss. The 360 version is leeeeagues above the PS2 in terms of looks, but the PS4's PS2 emulator's upscaling brings the visuals much closer to that of the 360's. Sure the image is still a little cleaner on 360 / Xbone, but not enough that I'd say you're getting shafted in any way. 

Forth, the Anniversary version AFAIK is just the Scholarship mode cleaned up a bit more, maybe a new lighting engine ala San Andreas' re-release, so same story really with regards to comparing the two, hoooooweeeever, why it's not been ported to Switch is a question worth asking, give me my damn Rockstar fix on the go, cowards!

Have to disagree with you on that, plays much better on x360. 

• 6 months later...

I was so pissed I reach part 3 during the winter and got a random game crash ( was driving a bicycle trying to reach a city kart race and I accidentally hit a woman made a cop nearby start to comes after me and I jumped off my bike and started the kart race ) the game took too long to start the race and the game crashed on the loading screen when I booted it up again I noticed that the game started from the beginning of Welcome to Bull Bullworth.... turns out the game deleted my save file when it crashed, i'm really pissed now, most of the trophies in this game is a long stupid grind fest and now I had to do it all over again.