Multiplayer

TenebraZero

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2020 at 6:13 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

No couch co-op? Only 4 character classes? Seriously?

I’m guessing you’ve never played a Torchlight game. It’s always been limited to 4 classes. TL1 and 2 are like that, and 3 will be as well. 

As far as couch co-op is concerned, well it’s a PC game at heart so there’s no reason it would have that. It supported LAN, which is basically the same thing in the PC world.

I wouldn’t let those things hold you back from playing. If you like Diablo, you’ll like Torchlight. Though I might wait for 3 if I were you.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

Be careful with online game with friends and trophies, specially for bosses.

I'm doing the whole game online with 3 friends of mine, but some strange things might happen if one or more players die during a boss fight and remaining alive players kill the boss.

What happen to us was during the quests with "the 3 sisters" (Les 3 soeurs is the french name of the quest), the one we have after having the robot 4000.

Me and a friend killed all the 3 bosses and get the 3 trophies. The 2 others players died during the boss fight before killing the first one. When the go back to the area to fight the 3 sisters again, only 2 spawned (they got the 2 corresponding trophies) but not the third. However, their quest was completed and the have to wait for the NG+ to fight against these bosses to get the last remaining trophy ...