Grinding FATEs

The 1000 FATEs is pretty much my last trophy. I have 500 completed. Where is a good spot to grind them out as quickly as I can? I don't care about items or EXP or anything, ONLY getting to 1000.

Right now I'm in Western Thanalan running around doing these low level FATEs. This is where I did the first 500. Was just curious if there is another area thats quicker or has more FATEs that can be completed quickly.

Thanks in advance!

You should do the quest to upgrade a relic weapon to Atma level. They have you farm atma crystals from 12 different regions that randomly drop by completing FATEs. You just stop thinking about how many you've done and worry about whether the atma for the region has dropped yet. You end up getting enough FATEs for the trophy if you do enough different class weapons. I'm up to 809 right now.

The only other thing that might make it quicker is if you can find a fates raid party. Sometimes people have them setup in the party finder. I ran into a few outside of New Gridania. It is pretty random though.

If you plan on doing any more of the main story content post the base game I would probably not grind it out. You will do some naturally as you go through the expansions while waiting for dungeon queues. The expansions are a massive improvement on the base game in every aspect especially the story. If time or the sub is not a concern I would highly recommend it. Shadowbringers was the best thing I played last year.

Honestly, once I hit 1000 FATEs I'm probably done with this game. I'm just trying to grind out the last few trophies.

I appreciate the few locations, as I said a change of scenery and enemies will help a lot. I've done about 50 in the past 3 hours or so.

Hi all, my question may be a bit off topic but do all completed FATEs on all locations/expansions count for the 1000 FATEs trophy or must they be done in classic ARR zones? 

/edit Read the guide again and also this topic: 

==> Yes, every FATE done everywhere seems to count.

Edited by Geridian

• 1 month later...

Outer La Noscea 100%

Go into the mines and there are 2 fates up there that spawn one after another and they are ALLLLWAYS up. They're only a short walk away from each other too. It was the go to fate grinding spot during the Yokai watch event and it should still be the same!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 0:47 AM, Mattiechuu said:

Outer La Noscea 100%

Go into the mines and there are 2 fates up there that spawn one after another and they are ALLLLWAYS up. They're only a short walk away from each other too. It was the go to fate grinding spot during the Yokai watch event and it should still be the same!

I can confirm this still works :)

I can get around 20 fates done in an hour in the mines, probably more if I was actually paying attention to the game while grinding.

On 05/06/2020 at 5:31 PM, jantrick2 said:

I can confirm this still works :)

I can get around 20 fates done in an hour in the mines, probably more if I was actually paying attention to the game while grinding.

Guys sorry to sneak in, but how do you manage to do 20 fates in one hour? I’m level 59 (PLD) and because of the sync level I struggle to finish both fates alive, leave aside the time factor... am I missing something?

On 6/9/2020 at 6:41 AM, marius_maximus said:

Guys sorry to sneak in, but how do you manage to do 20 fates in one hour? I’m level 59 (PLD) and because of the sync level I struggle to finish both fates alive, leave aside the time factor... am I missing something?

I'm using Monk so I can use Bloodbath and Second Wind to heal.

You have a lot of options.

Choose any of the healers and do it as them since they have decently damaging abilities but, obviously, can heal themselves too.

Summoner is also a good job to use as you can have Titan tank for you while you do all the DPS.

Any Melee will do as you can Second Wind and Bloodbath! Monk is my main but if you're soloing, you won't be hitting any positionals so your dps will be lacklustre.

If you literally only have Paladin unlocked, what you can do is fight and then when you start to get low, desync your level from the fate and use Clemency to heal. As long as you stay in the fate circle the enemies will continue to attack you and you'll keep your progress, but because you vastly outlevel them you'll be taking no damage while you heal.

3 hours ago, Mattiechuu said:

You have a lot of options.

Choose any of the healers and do it as them since they have decently damaging abilities but, obviously, can heal themselves too.

Summoner is also a good job to use as you can have Titan tank for you while you do all the DPS.

Any Melee will do as you can Second Wind and Bloodbath! Monk is my main but if you're soloing, you won't be hitting any positionals so your dps will be lacklustre.

If you literally only have Paladin unlocked, what you can do is fight and then when you start to get low, desync your level from the fate and use Clemency to heal. As long as you stay in the fate circle the enemies will continue to attack you and you'll keep your progress, but because you vastly outlevel them you'll be taking no damage while you heal.

Thanks for the tips! It sounds a bit complicated tbh since my only decent level is PLD. I think I’ll just go easy and boost west Thanalan whenever they spawn. Thanks again anyway for the tips!

Don't forget to use your Chocobo as companion in battle if you have unlocked this option.

And for real: If you want to play this game after the original story line concludes don't grind fates and just do them when you like.

Also there is no need to grind FATEs asap because you need many days for 1000 levequests anyway, so just do some FATEs a day and you will get 1000 without much hassle.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:41 PM, marius_maximus said:

Do the ones directly outside the cities. They're low level and even syncing they're super easy.

Maybe some people will call this a "Double post", but for real: Grinding FATEs asap is just bullshit.

You need 167 days to get 1002 allowances = So you can spend167 days for everything which could require grinding

==> When going for the platinum you are in for an 6 months long ride anyway, so..

(numbers are rounded)

An Adventurer's Life

Complete 1,000 levequests.

167 days for 1002 levequest allowances

Master of Materia

Successfully affix 100 materia

2 materia a day

Veteran Miner

Mine 1,000 mineral deposits.

6 mineral deposits a day

Veteran Logger

Log at 1,000 mature trees.

6 trees logged a day

Veteran Fisher

Fish 1,000 times.

6 fishes fished a day

One with Wool

Synthesize 1,000 items as a weaver.

6 items synthesized a day

One with Wood

Synthesize 1,000 items as a carpenter.

One with Leather

Synthesize 1,000 items as a leatherworker.

One with Ether

Synthesize 1,000 items as an alchemist.

One with Gold

Synthesize 1,000 items as a goldsmith.

One with Steel

Synthesize 1,000 items as a blacksmith.

One with Mail

Synthesize 1,000 items as an armorer.

One with Food

Synthesize 1,000 items as a culinarian.

To Crush 10,000 Enemies

Defeat 10,000 enemies.

60 enemies defeated a day

For the Realm

Complete 100 guildhests.

2 guildhests a day

Repeat Offender

Clear 100 instanced raids.

2 instances a day

Destiny's

Complete 1,000 FATEs.

6 FATEs a day

.. and in the end you get 1000 FATEs done at the same day you do your last levequest.

==> My opinion: No asap grinding of FATEs needed and everybody wo cares for 100% profile but doesn't want to play for 167 days should just avoid this game.
Edited by Geridian
Info
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Do the ones directly outside the cities. They're low level and even syncing they're super easy.

That was my plan actually.

6 hours ago, Geridian said:

Maybe some people will call this a "Double post", but for real: Grinding FATEs asap is just bullshit.

You need 167 days to get 1002 allowances = So you can spend167 days for everything which could require grinding

==> When going for the platinum you are in for an 6 months long ride anyway, so..

(numbers are rounded)

An Adventurer's Life

Master of Materia

2 materia a day

Veteran Miner

6 mineral deposits a day

Veteran Logger

6 trees logged a day

Veteran Fisher

Fish 1,000 times.

6 fishes fished a day

One with Wool

One with Wood

One with Leather

One with Ether

One with Gold

One with Steel

One with Mail

One with Food

To Crush 10,000 Enemies

Defeat 10,000 enemies.

For the Realm

Complete 100 guildhests.

2 guildhests a day

Repeat Offender

2 instances a day

Destiny's

Complete 1,000 FATEs.

6 FATEs a day

.. and in the end you get 1000 FATEs done at the same day you do your last levequest.

==> My opinion: No asap grinding of FATEs needed and everybody wo cares for 100% profile but doesn't want to play for 167 days should just avoid this game.

I really wish I’d found this chart when I started. Atm I only have 8 days left. My plan now is to keep building allowances for the leves and once I’m done with them I’ll pay a month subscription so I can unlock my three trophies left (fates, leves and 10k monsters), because afaik you can keep playing with your level capped to 35 but trophies won’t unlock.

Now I’m logging in every 10 days so I can clear the leves and boost some fates.

Thanks for your tips and I wish my plan can also help some one else.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geridian said:

(numbers are rounded)

An Adventurer's Life

Master of Materia

2 materia a day

Veteran Miner

6 mineral deposits a day

Veteran Logger

6 trees logged a day

Veteran Fisher

Fish 1,000 times.

6 fishes fished a day

One with Wool

One with Wood

One with Leather

One with Ether

One with Gold

One with Steel

One with Mail

One with Food

To Crush 10,000 Enemies

Defeat 10,000 enemies.

For the Realm

Complete 100 guildhests.

2 guildhests a day

Repeat Offender

2 instances a day

Destiny's

Complete 1,000 FATEs.

6 FATEs a day

If someone is just starting out, this is a really good sheet to follow, I wish I knew about it when I started out. 

If someone has managed to complete 1000 leve quests but still need a ton of fates then I recommend Outer La Noscea as others have pointed out, a fate spawns at x21.8 , y6.0 then another one will immediately spawn at x24.4 , y6.4, or vice versa. This where I completed the grind. 

• Like 1

Just now, marius_maximus said:

I really wish I’d found this chart when I started.

I do not know if such a chart already existed but I created this one today and also posted it today. Everything else is just math.

My hope was to prove that grinding everything asap in this game does not help anything when you must play 167 days anyway :).

Atm I only have 8 days left. My plan now is to keep building allowances for the leves and once I’m done with them I’ll pay a month subscription so I can unlock my three trophies left (fates, leves and 10k monsters), because afaik you can keep playing with your level capped to 35 but trophies won’t unlock.

Now I’m logging in every 10 days so I can clear the leves and boost some fates.

When counted from 0 allowances onwards you will have 96 allowances after 16 (sixteen) full normal earth days. So it is okay to log in every 2 weeks (14 days) and do 84 levequests BUT then you will have to do more of the grindy stuff per day.

But only playing the base game for trophies kills the fun you can have with this game because the first AddOn (Heavensward) is where the real fun starts and it only gets better with every AddOn.  And the best thing is that everything that is grindy can be done in the AddOn content with ONE exception as far as I know:

Veteran Fisher - Fish 1,000 times ==> Trophy guides for this game or trophy boards always mention that you must fish in vanilla zones (= Everything that is classic ARR content and does not belong to AddOns). 

- I would just use the "ingame achievement tracking function" for "synthesis and gathering" >> "Fisher" and pin all the fishing achievements for the classic ARR zones onto the watchlist.

3 hours ago, Geridian said:

I do not know if such a chart already existed but I created this one today and also posted it today. Everything else is just math.

My hope was to prove that grinding everything asap in this game does not help anything when you must play 167 days anyway :).

When counted from 0 allowances onwards you will have 96 allowances after 16 (sixteen) full normal earth days. So it is okay to log in every 2 weeks (14 days) and do 84 levequests BUT then you will have to do more of the grindy stuff per day.

But only playing the base game for trophies kills the fun you can have with this game because the first AddOn (Heavensward) is where the real fun starts and it only gets better with every AddOn.  And the best thing is that everything that is grindy can be done in the AddOn content with ONE exception as far as I know:

Veteran Fisher - Fish 1,000 times ==> Trophy guides for this game or trophy boards always mention that you must fish in vanilla zones (= Everything that is classic ARR content and does not belong to AddOns). 

- I would just use the "ingame achievement tracking function" for "synthesis and gathering" >> "Fisher" and pin all the fishing achievements for the classic ARR zones onto the watchlist.

I actually bought the Shadowbringers complete edition, and story wise atm I’m somewhere in between the ARR base game and the first add on (Heaven), but my backlog is pushing so hard and the intense gameplay I’ve had with the game are pushing me to a break.

I probably take the story back when I’ll have to get the subscription to unlock the last three trophies, but for now I definitely need a break. I’ll keep playing (if Square Enix let me do so) I order to keep the fates and the leves up but just for a few hours every now and then.

I do appreciate your feedback anyway!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that chart and for the FATE tip, I should do that. I've been meaning to get it done but I'm done with HW and only have about 100 fates. I play as a BLM so I often die when level synced and doing it by myself, so I've only really jumped in and done them when I saw other people were doing it. You're saying I should level monk? I ought to look into that!

• Like 1

While playing solo a feature that really helps a lot is using the Chocobo as battle companion. You need to do this quest and use the Chocobo for a purpose you choose (Tank, Damage, Healer). Then just use Gysahl Greens and the Chocobo will aid you. Read more about this feature here

And I can only recommend to use this list to get the best and relevant content each part of FFXIV has to offer.

• Like 1