100% KH3 with just one playthrough?

andreofgyn

I have the base game, bought some time ago, never played, but if I buy the Re:MIND dlc, start my first new game, choose "Challenging Mode", enable the "Pro Codes" via premium menu for the "Risk -Taker," all the base game trophies will pop just fine? Is it even possible to choose "challenging mode" on my very first playthrough?

I saw people redoing chests, minigames and luck emblems to do the Risk Taker on a New Game+ and I really don't want to do that two times in a row.

Another possibility is speedrun my first run, including Re:Mind story and do almost all the thropies on my second run, but for that, the use of "Pro Codes" must not disable the trophies and I don't know about that.

You have to do 2 playthroughs for 100%. One for Pro Codes and one for EZ codes. You're better off doing EZ for everything else. You're able to transfer some stuff between saves, and having end game keyblades makes pro codes way easier.

16 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

You have to do 2 playthroughs for 100%. One for Pro Codes and one for EZ codes. You're better off doing EZ for everything else. You're able to transfer some stuff between saves, and having end game keyblades makes pro codes way easier.

You can actually do it in one playthrough as beating the Remind secret boss gives you access to both sets of codes so as long as you get risk taker done you can just go back and use the battle gates for ez codes 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

How much of a difference it makes doing the Pro codes challenges on the first run or on the second one after importing everything you can import from a first run?

I've platted every Kingdom Hearts and found most optional bosses quite infuriating, so I'll stick to beginner difficulty regardless.

Nothing you bring in, and no difficulty you select will make it easy for you. 

26 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Mmm, good, so I might as well tackle it on the first run to cut the pain duration at least.

You can definitely bring your weapons into NG+ like Ultima Weapon making it easier. It’s reset to level 1 but you have access to the shotlocks which can really help you in the boss battles.

You can also farm Strength, Defence and Magic boosts in your first playthrough. I’m not 100% sure on this but I think the stats that you got with the boosts carry over too. 

All in all I recommend two playthroughs, but it will add another 20-30 hours.

If you want to do it in the minimal amount of time you can try one playthrough, but it’s definitely harder. 

Ofcourse the difficulty you select makes a huge difference. Play on beginner if you want the Risk-Taker trophy to be as easy as possible.

How I did it:

- New Game on Normal.

- Re-Mind DLC.

- Data Battles.

- Yozora.

- All Rounder trophy.

- NG+ on Beginner.

- Played through the game until I beat the final boss with all pro codes on on every boss fight.

- Farmed Strength, Defence and Magic Boosts.

- Data Battles again with some Pro Codes on.

This is the easiest way. And if you do it like this you will have no issues. The difficulty of the Risk-Takes trophy is highly overrated. Ofcourse you could do your first playthrough on Beginner too.