Playstationtrophies.org not working

realm722

I was using it just 2-3 hours ago (Divekick guide). 

Haven't seen anything odd there, but then nowadays, I just go there for guides/info to complement the info and guides here.. 

Edit: just tried to check now, and is giving me a server error, but yesterday I was getting it from another trophy site, and a few months ago psprices.com was with the same problem (I think PSNProfiles also had a similar problem the last time Sly moved to another server). 

So, maybe it's just a temporary problem on ps3t.org and nothing major. 

It would be quite bad if that site went out, since I use it to complement the info on PSNProfiles when checking or using guides (and sometimes GameFAQs and YouTube too). Still, the guides here have been improving in quality and number, so, as long as there's a place with guides for the games that I need, it's all good for me... 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Our server host suffered a massive power failure a few hours ago, which knocked out our site and a lot of others as well but RX and the server host's engineers are working hard to fix the problem and get all the affected sites up and running again :).

glad to hear it'll be back up sometime soon :)

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I was using it just 2-3 hours ago (Divekick guide). 

Haven't seen anything odd there, but then nowadays, I just go there for guides/info to complement the info and guides here.. 

Edit: just tried to check now, and is giving me a server error, but yesterday I was getting it from another trophy site, and a few months ago psprices.com was with the same problem (I think PSNProfiles also had a similar problem the last time Sly moved to another server). 

So, maybe it's just a temporary problem on ps3t.org and nothing major. 

It would be quite bad if that site went out, since I use it to complement the info on PSNProfiles when checking or using guides (and sometimes GameFAQs and YouTube too). Still, the guides here have been improving in quality and number, so, as long as there's a place with guides for the games that I need, it's all good for me... 

same, sometimes i use both a guide from here and their site for a game because of different strategies, one having better info on certain trophies, ect. i first started with ps3trophies.org when i started trophy hunting. although i wasn't active posting there as i am here, this site has better features, i think i remember on their site you had to manually add the trophies you earned. not sure if that's changed or if anythings changed as i only go to the site for trophy guides. plus gamefaqs and youtube like you said as well lol. been on gamefaqs for many years.

The site is currently unavailable due to a power outage. 
Server technicians are working on getting the servers back online as soon as possible. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience! 
-PST

Web server is down

The web server is not returning a connection. As a result, the web page is not displaying.

• Ray ID:
  • Your IP address: 
  • Error reference number: 
  • Cloudflare Location: Los Angeles
Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
haha to remove my ip address...

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

I knew the site wouldn't have shut down out of nowhere, I'd hope the owners have the decency to announce that, then it would probably give us time to archive every trophy guide in the way back machine. In terms of community engagement on the website, I feel that it kind of is dead, threads that you make on the website hardly ever get responses unless the game is popular at the moment you make the thread. Recently I've seen that the website has called upon the community to collaborate to make a Red Dead Redemption 2 trophy guide, a few years ago there would be around 8 people who all independently write a guide for RDR2 who are trying to be the one who gets published. I believe the decline in guide writing could simply be because old members who were writing guides lost interest in trophies, then new people don't like having to use the BB code to write their guide, PSNProfiles makes it simple for anyone to start writing a guide with its own tool. As long as people are still using the trophy guides and clicking ads on the site while doing that, the site probably won't go down.

Even if I can understand that you're so supportive of PSNProfiles over PlaystationTrophies the real fact is that there's a ton of extremely useful guides on PST. There's lots of dreadful ones too. But tons of information, mainly on PS3 and Vita games.

The major problem with guides, there or here is the lack of will, patience, humility or time of the guide writers to correct them over time, so several become incorrect or incomplete. But that's an issue that affects all sites. And I can understand that people move on to other things or simply get tired. Let's face it, the majority of trophy hunters are selfish bastards anyway (yes I know this will raise complains), so very few are willing to share information or help others. It's the me, me, me talk.

However the lack of interest on PST from the site owners and runners is obvious and that will be a nail in the coffin in the long run. Either site is useful, I for instance use this one to check what I will do or not, rarely for information on the games themselves as for that PST is better.

As everything in life there will be different opinions just giving mine.

I used to always use PlaystationTrophies.com until I found this place. I know people go on about the guides that are there, but of course they are plenty, it was there first before this one.

The lack of people using it is mainly down to one reason. PROGRESS!

My first forum love was gamefaqs.com. Used it for well over 10 years, I even wrote several guides there. But you know, trophies and achievements came along, and so did the necessity to use images and movies, then when youtube guides came along, what use is a text only based game guide?

Monochrome text documents with strict width settings, outdated links to some free geocities jpeg 10 years ago buried within all the guides.... it's not 1998 anymore.

So then I moved to PlaystationTrophies, after all, I stuck with Playstation since the 1st one. Now we have guides with pictures and trophies and links to youtube clips embedded in the html page. We also have boosting threads via stickes.

Now we come to psnprofiles. This site here is like PlaystationTrophies but with better features, I can browse my entire collection of trophies and list and compare them in various ways, on this very site! When you read a guide, it shows whether you have the trophy or not, a timestamp appears next to trophies you already have. This is incredibly handy, and boosting threads? Who needs those when you can just create a gaming session and choose which trophies you want to boost, set the time etc. All 3 of these features make the PlaystationTrophies site seem very outdated (as much as I loved going there back in the day)

I always used to check their platinum difficulty sticky posts but why do that when this site shows the rarity of every single trophy whether it be psnprofiles or the official worldwide PSN total.

This site has it all!

Now I hope the original PlaystationTrophies site stays up and long may it continue!

But for me, just like saying goodbye to gamefaqs one day because it no longer catered to my needs, I then did the same with PlaystationTrophies, people go where the best tools are.

The markets will decide.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, realm722 said:

Been awhile since I went there but tried to check on a trophy guide and the site isn't pulling up for me, and when I checked if it was down it said data has been down for over a week. Is it dead or nah? 

Can't be over a week. I just checked yesterday and It was fine. I don't know about Now though. 

36 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I used to always use PlaystationTrophies.com until I found this place. I know people go on about the guides that are there, but of course they are plenty, it was there first before this one.

The lack of people using it is mainly down to one reason. PROGRESS!

My first forum love was gamefaqs.com. Used it for well over 10 years, I even wrote several guides there. But you know, trophies and achievements came along, and so did the necessity to use images and movies, then when youtube guides came along, what use is a text only based game guide?

Monochrome text documents with strict width settings, outdated links to some free geocities jpeg 10 years ago buried within all the guides.... it's not 1998 anymore.

So then I moved to PlaystationTrophies, after all, I stuck with Playstation since the 1st one. Now we have guides with pictures and trophies and links to youtube clips embedded in the html page. We also have boosting threads via stickes.

Now we come to psnprofiles. This site here is like PlaystationTrophies but with better features, I can browse my entire collection of trophies and list and compare them in various ways, on this very site! When you read a guide, it shows whether you have the trophy or not, a timestamp appears next to trophies you already have. This is incredibly handy, and boosting threads? Who needs those when you can just create a gaming session and choose which trophies you want to boost, set the time etc. All 3 of these features make the PlaystationTrophies site seem very outdated (as much as I loved going there back in the day)

I always used to check their platinum difficulty sticky posts but why do that when this site shows the rarity of every single trophy whether it be psnprofiles or the official worldwide PSN total.

This site has it all!

Now I hope the original PlaystationTrophies site stays up and long may it continue!

But for me, just like saying goodbye to gamefaqs one day because it no longer catered to my needs, I then did the same with PlaystationTrophies, people go where the best tools are.

The markets will decide.

The rarity can be very subjuctive. Just cause something is very rare does not mean its that hard or vice versa. Plenty of games that are not even Ultra rare, that can be quite hard. 

• Like 1

I really hope it's just a temporary issue, I go there every time I need a trophy guide since unfortunately psnprofiles is really lacking on guides, I mean I found Silent Hill downpour freaking guide in there where in here people are mostly interested on making guides for an insanely super easy to plat games.

I mean who the hell need a guide for my name is mayo? there's even a guide for Tt's The Walking Dead a game that you can plat in one sitting by just finish it which is a head scratching.

• Like 3