Rumor: Resident Evil 4 Remake Coming on 2022 and Resident Evil 1 and Code: Veronica X Remake may be coming

DarkLordSHTR

Rumor-M-Two-Capcom_03-30-20.jpg

New Source 1

New Source 2

New Source 3

New Source 4

New Source 5

I also started the Resident Evil 3 Remake topic.
There are serious developments on this subject and I think there will be a few more games.

According to the video games Chronicle, the M-Two studio, which assists Capcom in developing the Resident Evil 3 remake, is now working as a lead developer for a larger remake project for Capcom.

In late 2019, Video Games Chronicle reported that M-Two studio was founded in 2017 by some Platinum Games and Capcom employees and was working on the Resident Evil 3 remake by Tatsuya Minami, former CEO of Platinum Games. The in-game generic Tatsuya Minami and M-Two confirm that Kiyohiko Sakata and Tsutomu Teranishi work in the Resident Evil 3 remake.

Probably comes Resident Evil 1 Remake, Resident Evil 4 Remake or Resident Evil Code: Veronica X Remake.

Source 1

Source 2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUbj_6oXsAA60oK?format=jpg&name=360x360

https://assets.mycast.io/posters/resident-evil-code-veronica-remake-2022-fan-casting-poster-24086-large.jpg?1577898128

--------------------------------------------------

Rumors were not denied.
On the contrary, it was asked by Capcom.

On 08.04.2020 at 0:41 AM, DarkLordSHTR said:

Capcom asks if you want to see more Resident Evil remake

Shortly after the release of the Resident Evil 3 remake, Capcom conducted a survey about Resident Evil and asked if the players were interested in more Resident Evil remake.

Two questions stand out in the survey.

"If there was a new remake from the Resident Evil series, would you buy it?"
"If there was a new sequel from the Resident Evil series, would you buy it?"

According to recent rumors, the developer of the Resident Evil 3 remake, M-Two is working on a new remake project for Capcom. However, Resident Evil 8 is also being developed.

The biggest candidate for the next remake after Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 is the Resident Evil Code Veronica, originally released in 2000. Resident Evil 4 is already less likely to be ported to existing platforms.

Source

You can join the survey here.

You can follow for details.

https://twitter.com/DARKandBRAVE

Edited by DarkLordSHTR
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

Idk if theyre gonna keep remaking resident evil games. Could be Dino Crisis for example they're working on.

I'd be happy for more RE remakes, but a full Dino Crisis reboot/remake would be amazing. 

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 2

Re4 honestly doesn't need a remake since its gameplay still holds up well to this day. This is starting to get out of hand, they could be making a new game or at least remaking an older franchise we haven't seen in a while at the very least like Dino Crisis or Breath of Fire ( and no that mobile game does not count)

9 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

Re4 was revolutionary for it's time for gameplay etc but the story was the worst one in the entire series...

Bruh, the entire Resident Evil storyline is bad, it's supposed to be since it's in the vein of horror B movies. Re4 had spot on characters and great over the top moments and that's why it's still considered one of the best entries in the series

• Like 2

It should be 0 next, it's the last fixed camera game other than the first Remake. And we haven't seen Rebecca in a long time other than that CG movie, unless they are saving her for Revelations 3 or 8 I would understand why they wouldn't want a Remake and new entry featuring the same character.

Although if it isn't Resident Evil, I hope it's Dino Crisis like the others here.

My stance on 4Remake is: I don't think it's needed. You can say that Resident Evil ended with 3 and was Rebooted with 4.
While first 3 games stories are somewhat up for debate, 4 made it more concrete and created a start of an actual timeline.
The gameplay is also fine in my opinion. Moving and shooting in 4 will break the game and take away all atmosphere is creates. The tank controls aren't really a problem as strafing isn't really needed as it is in RE5.
Just my two cents.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFRising said:

RE4 doesn't need a remake, and neither does RE1 (it's already a remake, for Christ's sake). The only mainline RE game that "needs" a remake (it doesn't, but whatever) is Code Veronica, but even then I'd rather see an actual new Resident Evil entry like RE8 or Revelations 3. Unfortunately I have a feeling Capcom doesn't know what to do with the series anymore and that's why they're stalling with remakes for now.

If they're going to keep pushing remakes I'd prefer they remake some obscure game like RE Survivor, Gaiden and the like. 

I think by definition there is nothing needed or necessary about a remake, they are pretty much just nice to haves in general.

Personally an RE4 and RE remake with the new engine would be great. It doesn't need a remake, but i'd argue that it would be cool if they did one. Honestly though -RE Survivor is a trash entry in the series, it literally served no purpose other than to fill a gap at the time, that actually didn't really need filling at all. If they did a remake of that, they'd have their work cut out for them to scrub the light-gun mechanics and actually give it a decent plot.

RE8 is already in development :) It's a good time to be an RE fan in my opinion.

Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see a rumor or a debunk anywhere? Only speculation.

5 minutes ago, talespagni said:

Jesus Christ.

Why my posts keep getting deleted in this forum?

I just posted the "why not both?" gif here in this thread, it was deleted too.

What's the matter?

I wouldn't get it why they'd make a RE4 remake, there's already a remaster out on PS4. Never heard of a dev making a remaster AND a remake of the same game.

Dino Crisis, however ... I've been waiting for a remake of that game for several years. That would be a brilliant move, and people would jump on that en masse, myself included.

Mostly bias here, but I'd heavily prefer a true modern remake of Resident Evil, which is what should have been provided. If that happens, I can actually get into the series, from the beginning anyway. As it stands now I'll have to skip it because of its stubbornness with maintaining outdated designs, and then..  "start" with modern RE2

1 hour ago, JoaLoft said:

I wouldn't get it why they'd make a RE4 remake, there's already a remaster out on PS4. Never heard of a dev making a remaster AND a remake of the same game.

I'm sure you have. 

Edited by EcoShifter