Rumor: Resident Evil 4 Remake Coming on 2022 and Resident Evil 1 and Code: Veronica X Remake may be coming

DarkLordSHTR

On 4/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, Rexyfollower0 said:

RE4 is fine the way it is. CODE: Veronica is the one that needs to be redone because of the tank controls and voice acting.

RE4 probably needs the least of improvements for a true remake, but there are several things that can be improved on. For starters, it was on the border of horror and action, prompting Capcom to overdue it with the action in later games...so if they decided to tone it down with the umpteen weapons and roundhouse kicks, that would be nice a change. Also, the QTEs and Ashley could take a hike.

I don't mind a remake for 4. Just played it for the first time and I think alot of its charm was lost on me for having played it so long after its initial release. 

2022 should give me enough time to catch up on the other RE's. So far I've finished 0, 1, CV, 4, and 7. I have 5 installed and ready to go and finally have the dlc for 7.

11 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

No thank you copcom! This is not a remake prob at all! Just a quick money grab!!!Just look at re3, that was missing half the game, graveyard, clock tower, racoon park and so on ! You will never get a another dime capcom on remakes!!

Capcom must be really sad reading this.

30 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

No thank you copcom! This is not a remake prob at all! Just a quick money grab!!!Just look at re3, that was missing half the game, graveyard, clock tower, racoon park and so on ! You will never get a another dime capcom on remakes!!

I cannot believe you took your constant whining about Resident Evil 3 Remake to yet another thread!

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 4

Im a long time RE fan since the 90s, so yes its my every right to have an opinion about a belowed game that i grew up with! If i slander the game !its my everyright to do so! If some of you cant tolerated me having an honost opinion about a game! Guess what pal, scroll past it if you dissagree simple as that.. 

Btw here is a user meta score comments, it does not look like im the only one that has honost opinion. Have a nice day.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-3/user-reviews

11 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Im a long time RE fan since the 90s, so yes its my every right to have an opinion about a belowed game that i grew up with! If i slander the game !its my everyright to do so! If some of you cant tolerated me having an honost opinion about a game! Guess what pal, scroll past it if you dissagree simple as that.. 

Btw here is a user meta score comments, it does not look like im the only one that has honost opinion. Have a nice day.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-3/user-reviews

I don't think you can call yourself a fan if you were only a "fan" of the old school games and keep comparing newer titles to the old ones. You liked the original games, good, great, but if you're constantly comparing 5,6, and the remakes to them, you're never going to be happy.

Buuuut back on topic, I hope if they cut anything it's the later military missions. I always hated getting past the castle section because I didn't like what came next.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

And i cannot beleive you took your time commenting my opinion! Dont like it?? Beat it....

Beat it? Try acting like a grown-up for once. This opinion of yours is not related to this thread. I came here to read opinions about possible RE 4 remake. Not your nonsense about how Capcom will never see a dime from you for which nobody cares about.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time but I would still give a remake a go since I do think it has a lot of horror potential :D but if it turns out as rushed as remake 3 I am not touching ti 

But I don't see why they just don't make new games now, I am missing my mercenaries mode hhahahaha :D 

I’m not sure RE4 really needs a remake. The remastered port is fine. A little dated sure, but still plays well. Having said that, it would be interesting to see RE2 remakes version of Leon in RE4s story. 

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I’d be more excited about the remake of Code Veronica. It’ll be nice seeing Remake Claire again alongside a remake Chris (I personally found his character in RE7 a little off but again, just my opinion). 

Guess time will tell 

Edited by RedDeadWitcher93
Silly iPad autocorrect

RE5 and 6 worked (for me) because of they were great, fun coop games.

Haven't played RE3 remake yet, but RE2 worked because it doubled down on the atmosphere and avoided being too action-y.

RE4 wasn't (and probably won't be) coop and it didn't really carry the horror atmosphere well.  Unless it's a total re-envisioning of the game, like the original I assume it'll probably appeal to the people who like the survival part of survival horror, more than the horror... which isn't me but you can't win them all.

EDIT: FWIW, I'm not a huge fan of remaking RE1 again, but that game would be very cool and claustrophobic if made like RE2 Remake.

Edited by Dreakon13

Well, in my humble oppinion, capcom should start working on a RE8 better and a RE4 remake. I think 4 has really few thing that can be improved in a remake, just the graphics and nothing more.

I liked and enjoyed RE3 Remake, but I had a feeling that the game was incomplete, not because its short, since the duration of re3 remake is just on the average of these series, but because of the content. I don't know if they are planning to do the same with RE4. 

I actually think, that capcom should start working on a decent sequel. Remake, I'd like maybe code veronica or Dino Crisis, but as I mentioned before, i'm not very interesting on RE4.

• 11 months later...

I would love this, if only so I could chase the platinum when I get around to playing this. I just got my first taste of the Resident Evil series recently and it was fucking amazing. Since RE4 seems to be a fan favourite, I will play the original no matter what. But I’d love the chance to earn a shiny new platinum in the process. 

• 4 months later...

I only approve one remake and that would be for Code Veronica. The game is still good, but some changes would benefit with the enemies and pacing, plus completely redo Steve ?

RE 1 already has a remake that's pretty much a perfect Resident Evil game and fine example on how to do remakes so that would be a waste of time.

Resident Evil 4 really doesn't need a remake as the game was ported on almost as many platforms as Skyrim and the game is still regarded as one of the best games ever made out there. It's different with the other remakes, cause people actually asked for those, but I haven't seen an outcry or campaign for RE4. If they do it, they are putting themselves in a no win situation with this. 

How about you remake Outbreak, cause now it's a perfect time to try something similar since internet is more available. Do something creative with that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I only approve one remake and that would be for Code Veronica. The game is still good, but some changes would benefit with the enemies and pacing, plus completely redo Steve ?

RE 1 already has a remake that's pretty much a perfect Resident Evil game and fine example on how to do remakes so that would be a waste of time.

Resident Evil 4 really doesn't need a remake as the game was ported on almost as many platforms as Skyrim and the game is still regarded as one of the best games ever made out there. It's different with the other remakes, cause people actually asked for those, but I haven't seen an outcry or campaign for RE4. If they do it, they are putting themselves in a no win situation with this. 

How about you remake Outbreak, cause now it's a perfect time to try something similar since internet is more available. Do something creative with that. 

Capcom or rather the current devs are incompetent to make anything "really" good as it was in the old days. They fail to see that Outbreak would bring them more money then ever but Outbreak as it was, not this Resistance shite with kids.