Final Fantasy VII Remake - Trophy list (spoilers?)

24 minutes ago, Archavia said:

Blocking is good, and even moreso Cloud's counter in Punisher mode (and his Counterstance ability) are incredibly beneficial. Using them effectively can trivialise otherwise hard enemies and bosses. And with Steadfast Block materia on, you'll get plenty of ATB and no way near as much damage when regularly blocking instead of countering.

For a good materia setup, I recommend 1-2 HP Up and MP Up per character, so they have sizeable HP/MP Pools. Magic Up is also fantastic so your cure heals more. First Strike is great, and you can get 2. When it's maxed you can start battle with 2 characters effectively at full ATB, so can end most regular battles pretty much instantly. Have Healing on all character, Magnify-Healing on one so you can easily heal everyone. Have Revive on 2 people. Elemental linked to whichever element is relevant for your current situation is an absolute gamechanger, whether it be on your weapon so you deal elemental damage, or on your armour so you're immune to/absorb that element.

Weapon-wise, the 6th tier of upgrades will have 2 very important unlocks: Reprieve (survive an attack that would otherwise kill you, putting you at 1HP instead - once per battle), and 20% Cure Spells. I recommend using the weapons that have these.

As for accessory, I used Circlet/Champion Belt by default, but would swap over to things like Headband whenever encountering a boss that puts you to sleep a lot. Same can be said for other annoying effects like Poison.

Three ways to increase it: Using Tifa's chi abilities (her triangle attacks), the higher level it is, the more stagger damage % it will increase. The ability of Tifa's 6th weapon, True Strike, will also increase it by 30%. Lastly, Aerith's Ray of Judgment will increase stagger damage % pretty significantly. For a good enemy to get 300% on, I highly recommend Fat Chocobo in Chadley's VR simulation, as he has an incredibly long stagger period.

You’re the mvp was about to ask someone about there hardmode build! This will help a lot. I’m not even confident for hard mode but will try anyways with this setup! 

Just now, Deluziion90 said:

You’re the mvp was about to ask someone about there hardmode build! This will help a lot. I’m not even confident for hard mode but will try anyways with this setup! 

Well if it's any assurance, using this build I didn't get a single game over on Hard :P You just have to remember to adjust your materia for upcoming enemies, so remembering what's ahead helps (and having every enemy assessed beforehand).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Archavia said:

Well if it's any assurance, using this build I didn't get a single game over on Hard :P You just have to remember to adjust your materia for upcoming enemies, so remembering what's ahead helps (and having every enemy assessed beforehand).

Well you’re probably very skilled haha congrats on the platinum!

Oh one question btw, I managed to grab 2x elemental materia but are there more? Would be useful to have those maxed for everyone 

2 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Well you’re probably very skilled haha congrats on the platinum!

Oh one question btw, I managed to grab 2x elemental materia but are there more? Would be useful to have those maxed for everyone 

Sadly no, can't get any more of the support materia. So you're limited to 2 elemental, 2 warding and 1 magnify.

• Like 1

I'm almost done with every trophies except 2-3, these questions are for you @Archavia :

Spoiler

- I need to do one last match with aerith in coliseum to unlock the last one in VR Shinra, but I don't remember well here can I get access the arena with aerith, only chapter 9 before aerith changes her dress, right?

- The dresses : 2/3 - 1-3 and 2-3 so far, with 2 runs, I have a serious question about this trophy :

1st run : Chapter 3 : 6/6, Chapter 8 : 6/6 + Tifa "mature" dress choice and received quests from M.  (= cloud black dress, tifa blue dress, aerith red dress)

2nd run : Chapter 3 : 1/6, Chapter 8 : 0/6 but couldn't chose tifa dress, got "mature" once more, made Johnny quests and received quests from Sam (= cloud blue dress, tifa blue dress, aerith pink dress)

Missing dresses : aerith (3/6 quests chapter 8), tifa (exotic and sport), cloud (the pink dress with a diadem)

My problem here : If i'm right i'll need 2 other runs.. how do we exactly get the choice to change tifa's dress? what quest is it related? and how do we get the 3rd cloud dress?

What should I do now?

- the letter at the end of the chapter 14 (sigh, also, what are the 3 nocturnal encounter from chapter 14 ? it's in the progress record but doesn't seem related to any trophy (above the number of finished hard chapters)

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by MercureUnleashed

3 minutes ago, MercureUnleashed said:

I'm almost done with every trophies except 2-3, these questions are for you @Archavia :

Hide contents

- I need to do one last match with aerith in coliseum to unlock the last one in VR Shinra, but I don't remember well here can I get access the arena with aerith, only chapter 9 before aerith changes her dress, right?

- The dresses : 2/3 - 1-3 and 2-3 so far, with 2 runs, I have a serious question about this trophy :

1st run : Chapter 3 : 3/3, Chapter 8 : 6/6 + Tifa "mature" dress choice and received quests from M.  (= cloud black dress, tifa blue dress, aerith red dress)

2nd run : Chapter 3 : 1/3, Chapter 8 : 0/6 but couldn't chose tifa dress, got "mature" once more, made Johnny quests and received quests from Sam (= cloud blue dress, tifa blue dress, aerith pink dress)

Missing dresses : aerith (3/6 quests chapter 8), tifa (exotic and sport), cloud (the pink dress with a diadem)

My problem here : If i'm right i'll need 2 other runs.. how do we exactly get the choice to change tifa's dress? what quest is it related? and how do we get the 3rd cloud dress?

What should I do now?

- the letter at the end of the chapter 14 (sigh, also, what are the 3 nocturnal encounter from chapter 14 ? it's in the progress record but doesn't seem related to any trophy (above the number of finished hard chapters)

Thanks in advance :)

Answers below, hopefully they help clarify things :) 

Spoiler

1. Yes you can only do Aerith's Colosseum matches in Chapter 9 after Hell House and before you go get the side quests.

2. Tifa's choices require you to get the Discovery event with Tifa in Chapter 3. In order to get the event, you have to complete the 6 side quests in Chapter 3. If you don't get the event it defaults to Mature. I believe the fancy dress you're missing for Cloud requires all quests completed in all of Chapters 3, 8 and 9. So you'd need to do Chapter 3: 6/6, Chapter 8: 6/6, Chapter 9: 3/3 for Cloud's dress (and you'd also get a Tifa dress from doing 6/6 in Chapter 3), then you'd need to do Chapter 3: 6/6, Chapter 8: 3/6 to get Tifa's other dress and Aerith's other dress.

3. As far as I'm aware, the letter at the end of chapter 14 appears upon completing all Chapter 14 quests, however it might require all quests to be completed. If that is the case, I'd advise doing it after you do Cloud's dress while you have a save that has all other quests completed.

As for the chapter 14 resolutions, they're related to who you get to speak to outside Aerith's house at the start. TIfa/Aerith (dream sequence) are determined by who you speak to when you fall into the Sewers in chapter 10, and the third one I haven't done yet but I'm assuming it'll be Barret. Might have to stand around not talking to either girl in chapter 10 for that one, or there might be some other requirement.

1 minute ago, MercureUnleashed said:

Thanks i'll try these 2 runs and see if it unlocks everything!

I really dislike this trophy though, redoing the 3 same chapters in a raw is a pain

At least you get to listen to that amazing music in the tunnels every time you do Chapter 9 :P 

1 minute ago, Bilenlol said:

Hello!

I can't seem to update my trophy list, I assume this is because the game is not officially out yet.

I am worried that this means that the trophies i get will not actually register, is this worry justified?

Thanks!

The trophies aren't synced to the server yet. Your trophies will be fine, as soon as they are live you'll be able to sync them and they will show their correct timestamps.

Is anyone excited for the game in Day One?

Not me though because I have to wait when the outbreak is over. But I'm still excited for the game.

And There's the trophy list. And It looks like a very difficult Final Fantasy platinum just like Final Fantasy 9.

https://www.keengamer.com/articles/guides/final-fantasy-vii-remake-complete-trophy-list-ps4/

Edited by MegaMLGMaster20

43 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Do you have to complete both side quest paths on Chapter 9 in Hard mode to get all manuscripts? This chapter just sucks ass to replay especially because of the tiresome puzzle and boss.

Yeah, sadly. Only 2 manuscripts I haven't done yet as after finishing Hard and needing just the dresses, I couldn't be bothered dealing with the boss again on Hard, haha. I think I'll do it again at some point (along with the last Chapter 14 resolution) to have full Play Log completion, but outside of sheer completionism you shouldn't really need them, as there's always a few subpar upgrades on the weapons you don't really need.

5 minutes ago, Archavia said:

Yeah, sadly. Only 2 manuscripts I haven't done yet as after finishing Hard and needing just the dresses, I couldn't be bothered dealing with the boss again on Hard, haha. I think I'll do it again at some point (along with the last Chapter 14 resolution) to have full Play Log completion, but outside of sheer completionism you shouldn't really need them, as there's always a few subpar upgrades on the weapons you don't really need.

Yeah, I do wanna complete my Play Log as well but I think I might do that after I beat the last chapter on Hard. Just finished Chapter 17 and I'm finishing up maxing out some of my materia. If you die in Chapter 18 at any point it resets it right? If that's the case I really don't wanna take any risk lmao

3 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Yeah, I do wanna complete my Play Log as well but I think I might do that after I beat the last chapter on Hard. Just finished Chapter 17 and I'm finishing up maxing out some of my materia. If you die in Chapter 18 at any point it resets it right? If that's the case I really don't wanna take any risk lmao

Err not sure to be honest, as I didn't game over. But I know if you select "Restart Battle" in the pause menu you keep EXP, and I would assume AP. And I think dying puts you at the beginning of the current battle you're on, not back to the beginning overall.

Edited by Archavia

4 minutes ago, Archavia said:

Err not sure to be honest, as I didn't game over. But I know if you select "Restart Battle" in the pause menu you keep EXP, and I would assume AP. And I think dying puts you at the beginning of the current battle you're on, not back to the beginning overall.

Ah that's right it does give you the option to retry again. For some reason my brain keeps thinking Hard means you need to one shot every thing lmao, making me a lot more nervous with the clusterfuck that is Chapter 18. I just wanna get back to finishing up Dragon Quest XI lol before I forget the story and other stuff

1 minute ago, PostGameBlues said:

Ah that's right it does give you the option to retry again. For some reason my brain keeps thinking Hard means you need to one shot every thing lmao, making me a lot more nervous with the clusterfuck that is Chapter 18. I just wanna get back to finishing up Dragon Quest XI lol before I forget the story and other stuff

That's what really confused me, as the information about Hard in the manual said that checkpoints are disabled, yet you're still able to Restart Battle immediately before it, so it doesn't seem to make a difference, haha. Unless checkpoints are just points that restore HP/MP for you 

Spoiler

like after beating the Whispers and going onto the final boss.

• Like 1

@Archavia Maybe the most stupid question you'll receive in this topic but I'm kinda wondering how the materia linking works for materia's.

So Elemental materia links up with lightning, fire or anything I understand that. But what else can be linked I think I've missed something in the tutorial about that :P. Would be great to know!

3 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@Archavia Maybe the most stupid question you'll receive in this topic but I'm kinda wondering how the materia linking works for materia's.

So Elemental materia links up with lightning, fire or anything I understand that. But what else can be linked I think I've missed something in the tutorial about that :P. Would be great to know!

The blue materia are the support materia that can be linked. Usually the description of them will say what they can be used for. Elemental with Wind/Fire/Ice/Lightning, Warding with Poison/Time/Subversion/Binding, Magnify with any Magic materia (I recommend Healing), etc etc.

Do note though that with Elemental, it has different effects depending on whether it's linked in your weapon or your armour. Weapon gives your attacks elemental damage (8-23%), armour gives you resistance (50%, 100% and then absorption).

Magnify and Elemental are the main ones to use, and occasionally Warding, but things like HP Absorption and MP Absorption aren't really worth the slot in my opinion.

Edited by Archavia
  • Like 2

Just now, Archavia said:

The blue materia are the support materia that can be linked. Usually the description of them will say what they can be used for. Elemental with Wind/Fire/Ice/Lightning, Warding with Poison/Time/Subversion/Binding, Magnify with any Magic materia (I recommend Healing), etc etc.

Thanks for the fast reply again! Feel kinda stupid. Currently getting all misc trophies and leveling your recommened materia's. The blocking and first strike are amazing really appreciate your help :)! 

Just now, Deluziion90 said:

Thanks for the fast reply again! Feel kinda stupid. Currently getting all misc trophies and leveling your recommened materia's. The blocking and first strike are amazing really appreciate your help :)! 

Happy to help, also I edited my post with a bit more info about them :) Steadfast Block and First Strike are amazing yeah, definitely amongst the best of the independent materias.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

No, if you die on the last boss you can start again from just that boss and also fix your materia if you want. Trust me, I know after last night ?

You don't have to do all the penultimate bosses again and you can even skip the minigame too which was a great relief as I thought it was just the Chapter 4 one.

Hope it makes sense, pretty hard talking without spoilers!

Amazon finally has sent my copy of the game today. It says that it gets delivered on Saturday (as Friday 10th is a holiday in Germany this year) but I hope it migth already arrive tomorrow.

I have been a FF fan since 1999. FF VII was my first game in the series and I have been dreaming about a Remake that has the visual quality of Advent Children since I first saw that movie in 2005. And after 15 years of dreaming about it it is SO CLOSE.

Edited by Cloudbahamut
  • Like 1