breakXedge

Final Fantasy VII Remake - Trophy list (spoilers?)

298 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, mrrj46 said:

I'm struggling with the Hell House on Hard... any tips? I'm fine throughout the fight, but after defeating the Cutter and the Sweeper I'm left with barely any MP left and the House just decides to pretty much damage me for over 5K with random jumps and it's hard to do anything 

 

Nevermind, I was just griefing myself with the decision-making. Using the lowest-mana consumption spell of an element works to stagger the House too... and from there on it's just easy as long as you don't run out of mana haha. Didn't even spawn Cutter and Sweeper this time around.

 

I'm closing in on him. Could you tell me what element is his weakness? I kinda forget :awesome:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

 

I'm closing in on him. Could you tell me what element is his weakness? I kinda forget :awesome:

It depends, the House switches to the 4 elements (Wind, Lightning, Ice and Fire)

 

Therefore, if he is:

Fire > hit with ice

Ice > hit with fire

Lightning > hit with wind

Wind > hit with lightning

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give them to me!

 

Great list, IMO. Love that there is a Hard difficulty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like a pretty easy list, stoked to play it tomorrow!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trophies can now be synced ladies and gents!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31.3.2020 at 5:23 PM, Turbobuddah said:

A supposedly 60+hr game with hard mode not unlocked from the start? Seems like a bit of a low blow in my opinion, can't see me playing through it more than once lifes way too short for 2x 60hr playthrough of the same game

Its about 70-90 hours total platinum 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Went back to Chapter 17 Hard to finish up the VR missions, was dreading super boss then I managed to one shot it thanks to the tips everyone gave lol 4th round definitely had my heart racing when the enemy did that attack that kills everyone. Reprieve is definitely required to overcome that mechanic.

Edited by PostGameBlues
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First playthrough in Normal was about 35h for me doing everything and watching everything, and all the rest of Hard trophies+cleanup will be about 20h more hours I bet (I'm 10h into the Hard Mode+Cleanup and I'm on Chapter 10)

 

So I'd say it is a 50-60h platinum.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit, missed the Chocobo materia...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Shit, missed the Chocobo materia...

The Materia is actually pretty useless, I think I used it once to see what it was like and that was it. Ifrit is far better and then you'll soon get more summons. Just grab it on Hard and there'll be a manuscript in that room too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darth_Krid said:

The Materia is actually pretty useless, I think I used it once to see what it was like and that was it. Ifrit is far better and then you'll soon get more summons. Just grab it on Hard and there'll be a manuscript in that room too.

Yeah just wanted to see what it was like. Thanks for the manuscript reminder!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, once you get the game mechanics and understand that 80% of the materias are useless, you can grind hard mode pretty easily, i'm at chapter 14 for now and I never went below 75% of my MP, even more I didn't spend any MP on some.

 

Just missed 1 manuscrit so far (chapter 9) but I bet it's related to whom give you the quests (M or Sam) so you can't get every manuscrit without 2 runs (and i'm pissed, I did already 4 runs of this chapter for the dresses... I think i'll just ignore it.)

 

VR last matches should be easier by now, i'll figure it at chapter 17!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 7:35 AM, Vergil said:

Nice a hard difficulty trophy 

Yes, I'm so happy this trophy exists! I heard the hard playthrough is super fun. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mrrj46 said:

It depends, the House switches to the 4 elements (Wind, Lightning, Ice and Fire)

 

Therefore, if he is:

Fire > hit with ice

Ice > hit with fire

Lightning > hit with wind

Wind > hit with lightning

 

2 elements on cloud and 2 on aerith, first try with cloud still over 100mp left. Thanks :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MercureUnleashed said:

Well, once you get the game mechanics and understand that 80% of the materias are useless, you can grind hard mode pretty easily, i'm at chapter 14 for now and I never went below 75% of my MP, even more I didn't spend any MP on some.

 

Just missed 1 manuscrit so far (chapter 9) but I bet it's related to whom give you the quests (M or Sam) so you can't get every manuscrit without 2 runs (and i'm pissed, I did already 4 runs of this chapter for the dresses... I think i'll just ignore it.)

 

VR last matches should be easier by now, i'll figure it at chapter 17!

With the Hard mode trophy do you have to do it in another playthrough or can you replay each chapter on Hard with chapter select?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turbobuddah said:

With the Hard mode trophy do you have to do it in another playthrough or can you replay each chapter on Hard with chapter select?

 

You can do both but as the first chapters are mostly the easiest, it's better to start from chapter 1 to get more manuscrits

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MercureUnleashed said:

 

You can do both but as the first chapters are mostly the easiest, it's better to start from chapter 1 to get more manuscrits

Sweet, only on chapter 9 anyway but figured if chapter select worked like a NG+ in regards to abilitys and levels Hard mode would be fairly simple. Normals been suprisingly hard in places, or bum clenchingly close at least

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guards killing me off storming into Shinra HQ, I'm going to suffer in Hard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the plat! The hardest part is vs Top Secret on hard, after that getting the Gotterdammerung the rest of the game is a cakewalk!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platinum obtained! 

I definitely took my sweet time with this one like I tend to with my JRPGs (100 hours lmao) but overall, apart from Hard mode the rest of the trophies aren't really that bad. 

 

1fMUCkr.jpg

 

As someone pointed out above, I HIGHLY recommend defeating the super boss in the VR mission on Chapter 17 Hard mode before doing the rest of the chapters in Hard. Having an accessory that gives you instant limit break at the start of the fight PLUS a passive gradual limit break buildup is too good, especially with the clusterfuck that is Chapter 18 - in fact I'd go far as to say you probably need that accessory if you really wanna significantly increase your chances of winning. I wish I had gone for this accessory a lot earlier since this definitely would have made some annoying bosses in Hard mode a walk in the park lmao. 

 

To those that just started the game, have fun! It's a good remake 😀

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great list imo. Do all quests, obtain all items, beat on hard. Looks like it would add to the game as opposed to just being some super easy list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.