Final Fantasy VII Remake - Trophy list (spoilers?)

59 minutes ago, mrrj46 said:

I'm struggling with the Hell House on Hard... any tips? I'm fine throughout the fight, but after defeating the Cutter and the Sweeper I'm left with barely any MP left and the House just decides to pretty much damage me for over 5K with random jumps and it's hard to do anything 

Nevermind, I was just griefing myself with the decision-making. Using the lowest-mana consumption spell of an element works to stagger the House too... and from there on it's just easy as long as you don't run out of mana haha. Didn't even spawn Cutter and Sweeper this time around.

I'm closing in on him. Could you tell me what element is his weakness? I kinda forget :awesome:

3 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'm closing in on him. Could you tell me what element is his weakness? I kinda forget :awesome:

It depends, the House switches to the 4 elements (Wind, Lightning, Ice and Fire)

Therefore, if he is:

Fire > hit with ice

Ice > hit with fire

Lightning > hit with wind

Wind > hit with lightning

• Like 1

On 31.3.2020 at 5:23 PM, Turbobuddah said:

A supposedly 60+hr game with hard mode not unlocked from the start? Seems like a bit of a low blow in my opinion, can't see me playing through it more than once lifes way too short for 2x 60hr playthrough of the same game

Its about 70-90 hours total platinum 

Went back to Chapter 17 Hard to finish up the VR missions, was dreading super boss then I managed to one shot it thanks to the tips everyone gave lol 4th round definitely had my heart racing when the enemy did that attack that kills everyone. Reprieve is definitely required to overcome that mechanic.

Edited by PostGameBlues

First playthrough in Normal was about 35h for me doing everything and watching everything, and all the rest of Hard trophies+cleanup will be about 20h more hours I bet (I'm 10h into the Hard Mode+Cleanup and I'm on Chapter 10)

So I'd say it is a 50-60h platinum.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Shit, missed the Chocobo materia...

The Materia is actually pretty useless, I think I used it once to see what it was like and that was it. Ifrit is far better and then you'll soon get more summons. Just grab it on Hard and there'll be a manuscript in that room too.

Just now, Darth_Krid said:

The Materia is actually pretty useless, I think I used it once to see what it was like and that was it. Ifrit is far better and then you'll soon get more summons. Just grab it on Hard and there'll be a manuscript in that room too.

Yeah just wanted to see what it was like. Thanks for the manuscript reminder!

Well, once you get the game mechanics and understand that 80% of the materias are useless, you can grind hard mode pretty easily, i'm at chapter 14 for now and I never went below 75% of my MP, even more I didn't spend any MP on some.

Just missed 1 manuscrit so far (chapter 9) but I bet it's related to whom give you the quests (M or Sam) so you can't get every manuscrit without 2 runs (and i'm pissed, I did already 4 runs of this chapter for the dresses... I think i'll just ignore it.)

VR last matches should be easier by now, i'll figure it at chapter 17!

5 hours ago, mrrj46 said:

It depends, the House switches to the 4 elements (Wind, Lightning, Ice and Fire)

Therefore, if he is:

Fire > hit with ice

Ice > hit with fire

Lightning > hit with wind

Wind > hit with lightning

2 elements on cloud and 2 on aerith, first try with cloud still over 100mp left. Thanks :D

4 hours ago, MercureUnleashed said:

Well, once you get the game mechanics and understand that 80% of the materias are useless, you can grind hard mode pretty easily, i'm at chapter 14 for now and I never went below 75% of my MP, even more I didn't spend any MP on some.

Just missed 1 manuscrit so far (chapter 9) but I bet it's related to whom give you the quests (M or Sam) so you can't get every manuscrit without 2 runs (and i'm pissed, I did already 4 runs of this chapter for the dresses... I think i'll just ignore it.)

VR last matches should be easier by now, i'll figure it at chapter 17!

With the Hard mode trophy do you have to do it in another playthrough or can you replay each chapter on Hard with chapter select?

Just now, MercureUnleashed said:

You can do both but as the first chapters are mostly the easiest, it's better to start from chapter 1 to get more manuscrits

Sweet, only on chapter 9 anyway but figured if chapter select worked like a NG+ in regards to abilitys and levels Hard mode would be fairly simple. Normals been suprisingly hard in places, or bum clenchingly close at least

Platinum obtained! 

I definitely took my sweet time with this one like I tend to with my JRPGs (100 hours lmao) but overall, apart from Hard mode the rest of the trophies aren't really that bad. 

1fMUCkr.jpg

As someone pointed out above, I HIGHLY recommend defeating the super boss in the VR mission on Chapter 17 Hard mode before doing the rest of the chapters in Hard. Having an accessory that gives you instant limit break at the start of the fight PLUS a passive gradual limit break buildup is too good, especially with the clusterfuck that is Chapter 18 - in fact I'd go far as to say you probably need that accessory if you really wanna significantly increase your chances of winning. I wish I had gone for this accessory a lot earlier since this definitely would have made some annoying bosses in Hard mode a walk in the park lmao. 

To those that just started the game, have fun! It's a good remake ?

• Like 3