Final Fantasy VII Remake - Trophy list (spoilers?)

15 hours ago, Benfoxy83 said:

So I imagine lvl 99 is the max. So in the next part will Cloud and company start at the lvl u ended at in part 1 and say go all the way to lvl 199 for part 2.

doubt it. think of it like ffx, ffx-2 or ff13, ff13-2 and ff13 lightning returns. you start over.

1 minute ago, UlvenFenrir said:

doubt it. think of it like ffx, ffx-2 or ff13, ff13-2 and ff13 lightning returns. you start over.

That would make no sense whatsoever. Are you saying that in Part 2 you suddenly start without all the weapons, equipment, materia, enemy skills, Limit Breaks and summons that you obtained in Part 1 ? That would be infuriating and would never work.

3 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

That would make no sense whatsoever. Are you saying that in Part 2 you suddenly start without all the weapons, equipment, materia, enemy skills, Limit Breaks and summons that you obtained in Part 1 ? That would be infuriating and would never work.

just like it would make no sense to go into part 2 with a party thats level 99 with maxed stats and insane damage to just breeze through the game. you realise part 2 is a new game right on its own? its not dlc.

1 minute ago, UlvenFenrir said:

just like it would make no sense to go into part 2 with a party thats level 99 with maxed stats and insane damage to just breeze through the game. you realise part 2 is a new game right on its own? its not dlc.

It's not a new game. It's a new episode in the FF VII Remake project. It's part of the same story. It has the same gameplay. Think of it more as an Add On.

And in Part 2 they will not suddenly take away all the stuff you have earned in the first game. That is just ridiculous. You don't start Part 2 with just cure, fire, lightning etc. and all your high level materia, summons and enemy skills gone. Storywise alone it would make no sense at all how the party has suddenly lost all their stuff and became weak overnight.

It's more likely that Lv.50 is the levelcap in this game and then you start with 50 and all your inventory from Part 1 (if you have a Part 1 save file) in Part 2. Then the levelcap in Part 2 will be 100.

You also cannot compare this to X-2 or XIII-2. Those were sequels and had different gameplay then their predecessors. FF VII Remake is one big project that shares the same gameplay, assets and tells one story. They each offer the scale and amount of content of a full game but are still 2 (or more) parts of the same game. It is why the first game is not actually called Part 1. They will all be called FF VII Remake. Because they are not sequels but just different chapters of the same game. The only reason they make several parts is because it would be too large for a single game.

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I can imagine Yuffie and a team of ninjas stealing all your precious Materias and equipment at the beginning of the second part lol.

I imagine that recruiting her will be a side quest that pops up on the map at some point, so as to keep her optional.

10 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

It's not a new game. It's a new episode in the FF VII Remake project. It's part of the same story. It has the same gameplay. Think of it more as an Add On.

And in Part 2 they will not suddenly take away all the stuff you have earned in the first game. That is just ridiculous. You don't start Part 2 with just cure, fire, lightning etc. and all your high level materia, summons and enemy skills gone. Storywise alone it would make no sense at all how the party has suddenly lost all their stuff and became weak overnight.

It's more likely that Lv.50 is the levelcap in this game and then you start with 50 and all your inventory from Part 1 (if you have a Part 1 save file) in Part 2. Then the levelcap in Part 2 will be 100.

You also cannot compare this to X-2 or XIII-2. Those were sequels and had different gameplay then their predecessors. FF VII Remake is one big project that shares the same gameplay, assets and tells one story. They each offer the scale and amount of content of a full game but are still 2 (or more) parts of the same game. It is why the first game is not actually called Part 1. They will all be called FF VII Remake. Because they are not sequels but just different chapters of the same game. The only reason they make several parts is because it would be too large for a single game.

I see your point but its story telling and theyre adding new story bits which means there is always a way around why you suddenly dont have your materia or weapons any longer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I imagine that recruiting her will be a side quest that pops up on the map at some point, so as to keep her optional.

He was being sarcastic....

Btw I seem to remember Kitase saying that in the Remake Cait, Yuffie and Vincent won't be optional but will be part of the main story, so you will always get them.

1 minute ago, Cloudbahamut said:

He was being sarcastic....

Btw I seem to remember Kitase saying that in the Remake Cait, Yuffie and Vincent won't be optional but will be part of the main story, so you will always get them.

Yeah, but him mentioning Yuffie is what got me thinking about her recruiting to the team ordeal.

But if they're not optional, I wont mind.  I mean, Cait he was never optional, he somewhat forces his way into your group at the Gold Saucer, but the other two... yeah, I wont mind if that's the case, especially getting Vincent and fighting Lost Number in the end, being forced to fight that heavy hitter.

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, but him mentioning Yuffie is what got me thinking about her recruiting to the team ordeal.

But if they're not optional, I wont mind.  I mean, Cait he was never optional, he somewhat forces his way into your group at the Gold Saucer, but the other two... yeah, I wont mind if that's the case, especially getting Vincent and fighting Lost Number in the end, being forced to fight that heavy hitter.

Vincent is also really integral to the storyline IMO with Lucrecia being the mother of Sephiroth and Hojos involvement. It is just a much richer storyline with Vincent in there and his quest for vengeance for what Hojo did. I mean he even got his own game later on. Not to mention all the crazy shit they can do in the Remake with his powers. Too bad we won't get to see him, Yuffie and Cid for another few years in the Remake.

I am even wondering if Rufus is in the first game. We have seen all major Shinra players in the trailers (Heidegger, President, Turks, Scarlet, Palmer) but nothing of Rufus whatsoever. They apparently even removed his fight against Cloud in the Shinra HQ (since Cloud and Tifa now fight in the battle against Heligunner). My guess is that President Shinra is the big Shinra mastermind in Part 1 and is then replaced in Part 2 with Rufus. Wouldn't be surprised if the President has a much bigger presence in the Remake then he did in the Original and doesn't die until the very end of the game.

4 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Dont worry, expressing yourself in a foreign language can be tricky, I know that well enough. ?

Whats your opinion about the game so far? Do you like it?

Yes I love it :)

While playing still can't realise that I actually play the game I was waiting for for so so long.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I don't think she'll be optional this time around. I mean Wutai was completely optional in the original, but it's mentioned multiple times in the first part of the remake (as shown in trailers)

1 hour ago, Cloudbahamut said:

I am even wondering if Rufus is in the first game. We have seen all major Shinra players in the trailers (Heidegger, President, Turks, Scarlet, Palmer) but nothing of Rufus whatsoever. They apparently even removed his fight against Cloud in the Shinra HQ (since Cloud and Tifa now fight in the battle against Heligunner). My guess is that President Shinra is the big Shinra mastermind in Part 1 and is then replaced in Part 2 with Rufus. Wouldn't be surprised if the President has a much bigger presence in the Remake then he did in the Original and doesn't die until the very end of the game.

Spoiler

The Heligunner battle was moved back to an earlier part of the game (it's seen in the latest trailer, it looks like the collapsed Sector 6 area you climbed to reach the Shinra Building in the original version, it's supposed to be completely expanded now)

Rufus, well...

Spoiler

fheii20

He still has his pet dog, too.

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't think she'll be optional this time around. I mean Wutai was completely optional in the original, but it's mentioned multiple times in the first part of the remake (as shown in trailers)

Hide contents

The Heligunner battle was moved back to an earlier part of the game (it's seen in the latest trailer, it looks like the expanded collapsed Sector 6 area you climbed to reach the Shinra Building in the original version)

Rufus, well...

Hide contents

fheii20

He still has his pet dog, too.

Damn that is the first ever image I have seen of him. How do you know he has his dog ? Has the whole game been leaked or something ? Can not remember this from any of the official materials so far.

Come to think of it, another character we have not seen yet is Elena (Makes sense since she only joins the Turks after you leave Midgar). I wonder if they already included her in this game too....

4 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Damn that is the first ever image I have seen of him. How do you know he has his dog ? Has the whole game been leaked or something ? Can not remember this from any of the official materials so far.

Come to think of it, another character we have not seen yet is Elena (Makes sense since she only joins the Turks after you leave Midgar). I wonder if they already included her in this game too....

Enemy data from the leaks. They leaked several screenshots from cutscenes, lists of enemies, skills, materias, most bosses (the final part is a bit confusing) and huge chunks of the script, but it was from an old build, some cutscenes were "workprints" with incomplete CGI.

Spoiler

The dog has been renamed to "Dark Star" IIRC...

No idea about Elena... but she appeared in the Mithril Mines in the original, i guess they'll never change that part in the sequel.

Edited by Lance_87

I'm actually kind of glad there's a hard difficulty trophy...? Usually when jrpgs demand a second playthrough on a higher difficulty I always go 'whyyyyyy' but with the combat of FF7 Remake, I really liked how the first boss fight in particular felt like an MMORPG raid boss that required paying attention to the enemy abilities and attacks as indicated by the red text above them. I played through the demo on Normal and I will admit, the scorpion boss was a little bit challenging at first but once everything clicked for me in terms of how the game approaches combat it became very easy. Having the chance to do the game on a harder difficulty (which I've heard involves items being unusable i.e. bye ethers and phoenix downs) I feel would better bring out the combat system's potential to the fullest.

I'm currently installing the game right now as my copy just arrived like 5 minutes ago. Hopefully this game's quality is consistent throughout!

• Like 1

A bit of an early spoilery question during Chapter 4:

Has anybody had luck with the motorbike minigame trophy

Spoiler

where Jessie has to be impressed by you? It's pretty tough, I guess long range attacks are the way to go and Biggs and Wedge should be ignored. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

19 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

What about other classic summons like Ramuh, Odin, Phoenix or Alexander ?

Btw I am from Germany too. How did you get the game so early ? I pre-ordered with Amazon and it says I won't get the game until April 15th :(

Spielegrotte,gamesonly AT, deliver it earlier. By Spielegrotte for sure, i heard ppl got already ff 7 remake from there. I preordered it from netgames, guess i get it early next week as well.

15 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Maybe the party members fall down from the cable they are climbing down while leaving Midgar and they suffer from amnesia in the beginning of part 2, therefore forgetting all their skills,exp etc

Yeah this motorbike mini game trophy probably requires you to have 95-100% of your health bar. I had a small chunk out of my HP bar (around 85-90%) and still I didn't get the trophy. This is pretty annoying already lmao

EDIT: I finally got it, I had about the same health though so I don't know how I didn't get it earlier. Maybe the health of the other bike needs to be around the same?

Edited by PostGameBlues

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Maybe the party members fall down from the cable they are climbing down while leaving Midgar and they suffer from amnesia in the beginning of part 2, therefore forgetting all their skills,exp etc

HAHAHAHAH LOL that would be a funny excuse to explain the "inaccurate" Nibelheim Incident flashback in Kalm xDxDxD

Edited by Lance_87

19 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

That makes no sense as FFXIII to XIII-2 was a different cast of characters, and Lightning Returns was a drastically different battle system all together. Those games also weren't initially planned or intended, whereas this entered development knowing there would be multiple parts.

I'm imagining what with there being a trophy for reaching level 50 that that's the cap, and it'll be like .hack where progress will carry over and the next part will have a cap of 100, and so on if it extends past that. Starting a later game with nothing to carry over will be treated similarly. That's what makes the most sense to me.