Any Unlocked Cars Might Disappear When the Online Servers Shut Down.. ??

r3viladdict

Lost me right there when I read this. 

unknown.png

I wonder if leveling up would unlock any cars you might need to use for a certain trophy or making any racing/time trial easier. If so, I would like to have all of the cars that are unlocked by leveling up. At what level and what car? Not sure about club levels, but I’m on 16 club LVL now. So close to 50 LVL. 
And, a question, when the online is down, would I keep the cars I unlocked or will they vanish? I might answer my own question, so I doubt that we would keep any unlocked club cars if we play offline because the club is tied to the online server so there’s no way to access to the club cars, right? 

TL:DR
a simple question, at what non-club levels and club levels do you unlock cars?  
Thanks for reading. I’m just concerned a bit, is all. 

You'll only lose the 5 Club cars.

However, it's probably a palliative solution, but if you disable the network on your PS4, the game will start in offline mode and you'll keep these cars if you joined a club before.

And don't worry, you'll be able to use locked cars in certain DLC events, i.e. LaFerrari.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 3

^This

While I get some people will be upset, for the most part it can't be helped and it's only 5 cars that aren't event necessary to play the game. Plus and a grain of salt kind of plus, nothing has been 100% confirmed what won't be accessible when the server goes down. It could be that just when you play the game it till treat it as offline mode. Which means club stats obviously won't be tracked but u lockables could still be used.

A more recent example of this is Grand Kingdoms shutdown you can't connect to online but anyone who joined a "country" can still recieved perks and quests from that "country" they just can't join a pen or connect online multiplayer. This might be the same deal.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Well, i started Driveclub tonight and, while certain parts of the menus are greyed-out due to the server shutdown, the five Club cars are still there, unlocked... i didn't need to disable the network from the PS4 settings.

thanks for confirming, what cars are they btw?

14 minutes ago, djb5f said:

thanks for confirming, what cars are they btw?

VW Golf GTI, Bentley Continental GT V8, BMW M3 GTS, BAC Mono and Pagani Zonda R.

I didn't even get any warning message about the game having "connection issues", it was like playing with the network completely disabled.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

VW Golf GTI, Bentley Continental GT V8, BMW M3 GTS, BAC Mono and Pagani Zonda R.

I didn't even get any warning message about the game having "connection issues", it was like playing with the network completely disabled.

Thanks, I had not been paying enough attention which cars they were.

I know I get the connection issues in red text in the middle of your screen at the beginning of every event but what can you do.

• Like 2