'The Student Surpasses the Master' Trophy Bugged?

You have to get I believe 19.7 seconds or better so you'll have to score a bunch of double kills. I managed to finish with 18.7 seconds and had a 133% accuracy cause I never missed a shot and got a bunch of double kills. I used the M9 and USP. Trophies tend to pop late in this game so give it a few seconds if you get under 19.7

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ArcadeJedi said:

Did you advance to the next checkpoint, because it didn't pop for me until I did and I waited a good 30 seconds. But almost immediately after walking up those stairs it popped. 

I got 19.65. 

i just failed got 20seconds, but walked up the stairs and it popped for me, even though i actually did it about 10 minutes ago, strange but, none the less, thanks all. appreciate it.

• Like 1

I come to the realization I will never get this.

I've been trying on my backup account for hours and cant even get close.

My best is 25 seconds.

Watching all the video/guides makes me sad becuase my targets never line up for the double shots like that.

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

@Smash41 Just keep trying! Develop a route and keep running it. Eventually you will get it.

This is much easier than Titanfall 2's gauntlet

oh yes, thats for sure. Be happy guys, that you dont have to beat IW's best time of that, cause that was a low 22 second speedrun WITHOUT time bonuses for accuracy. With that, it would have been like a 14-15 second time.

• Like 1

One tip I can think of for this that makes it way easier is only do a few runs at a time, maybe even only two attempts and then restart the checkpoint and don't just keep trying it without restarting.

By doing this you (at least largely) remove the luck aspect of it as for me restarting the checkpoint meant I was getting the targets in the same place each time and so could practice on them in the same places every time.

Also a couple of smaller tips which I'm not sure as I type if they've been mentioned; firstly a good combo for me was the M9 pistol for the start section but at the stairs before the melee target that swings around at the top switch to the USP .45 (the one where you're holding a knife at the same time as the gun) as the melee is a lot quicker on it; secondly, your mileage may vary with this one but increasing the aim sensitivity a bit helped me shave a couple of seconds off because the default one is pretty sluggish which makes it harder to quickly acquire new targets.

After mucking about for a bit and doing the above I ended up with a final time of 17.25s. (And then probably about 40s before the trophy popped...)

Edited by VladimirKal

Goddamn man I am struggling with this trophy. I should have done it after beating the game. Just spent 1hr 45mins and the best time I got was 21.15. doesn't help that you get more and more tired after multiple tries. I have both the Titanfall trophy and the cod 4 trophy and I did this one back in the day on PS3( not sure if they changed the requirements) so I have no idea why I am struggling all of sudden

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Goddamn man I am struggling with this trophy. I should have done it after beating the game. Just spent 1hr 45mins and the best time I got was 21.15. doesn't help that you get more and more tired after multiple tries. I have both the Titanfall trophy and the cod 4 trophy and I did this one back in the day on PS3( not sure if they changed the requirements) so I have no idea why I am struggling all of sudden

You and me both. We'll get it eventually. I had to take a break last night because I was getting frustrated and when that happens, it makes it even worse. I guarantee that when I come back to it, I'll finally end up getting it. 

• Like 1

Man I suck ass at timed achievements/trophies..
I could barely do CoD MWR FNG course.. It took many tries.. like 50+ tries..

I am no good at these types of trophies.
I still have "Becomes the master" (forgot what it is called) for Titanfall to get and I got the platinum but like I said.. I suck more dick than a whore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DerHerzeleid said:

Man I suck ass at timed achievements/trophies..
I could barely do CoD MWR FNG course.. It took many tries.. like 50+ tries..

I am no good at these types of trophies.
I still have "Becomes the master" (forgot what it is called) for Titanfall to get and I got the platinum but like I said.. I suck more dick than a whore.

Haha I’m the same as you, got the MWR plat but titanfall sits at 98% to this day. Definitely struggling with this one too

I wish I only needed 50+ tries, that FNG stuff took me well over 10 hours in total and even then I didn't really beat the time but got 15.1 on the dot. Luckily still got the trophy. This showed me that gaming PTSD is absolutely real and if the 19.7 seconds are remotely as hard, MW2r is a hard pass for me.

I wonder if someone can shareplay this with me to get the trophy.. Because I am just sooo damn hopeless at this. My best time is 31+ seconds.. Yes.. I SUCK that bad. =/

But manage to beat the campaign on veteran (first playthrough) in one night.

11 minutes ago, Vivis_apprentice said:

Haha I’m the same as you, got the MWR plat but titanfall sits at 98% to this day. Definitely struggling with this one too

The shittiest trophy/achievment on the game.
I almost broke my hand punching the wall and gave myself head concussions because I headbutt the wall.

These days when I get pissed off, I just shake my desk fan violently.

22 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

I wish I only needed 50+ tries, that FNG stuff took me well over 10 hours in total and even then I didn't really beat the time but got 15.1 on the dot. Luckily still got the trophy. This showed me that gaming PTSD is absolutely real and if the 19.7 seconds are remotely as hard, MW2r is a hard pass for me.

This MW2 trophy is easier than the MWR and Titanfall 2 trophies for similar requirements. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll get there!

3 hours ago, DerHerzeleid said:

I wonder if someone can shareplay this with me to get the trophy.. Because I am just sooo damn hopeless at this. My best time is 31+ seconds.. Yes.. I SUCK that bad. =/

But manage to beat the campaign on veteran (first playthrough) in one night.

The shittiest trophy/achievment on the game.
I almost broke my hand punching the wall and gave myself head concussions because I headbutt the wall.

These days when I get pissed off, I just shake my desk fan violently.

Take that fan!! I’m glad the bastards didn’t put something like this in Jedi fallen order

9 hours ago, Eagle-RP said:

You and me both. We'll get it eventually. I had to take a break last night because I was getting frustrated and when that happens, it makes it even worse. I guarantee that when I come back to it, I'll finally end up getting it. 

Woke up today morning and got it within 35 mins of trying again. I increased my sensitivity from the default option to 5 and I don't know if that's what nailed it for me. Got 19.70 initially and the trophy didn't pop lol. So meeting the time doesn't work. Good luck to everyone else. Just keep at it and you will eventually get it

On 2020-03-31 at 5:39 PM, Mattematics-94 said:

i have gotten 19.45 seconds on the course, no trophy.

anyone else having this problem?

You need to leave to course with that score and select your difficulty. That’s when I popped for me

On 01/04/2020 at 11:51 PM, abhinandhan22 said:

Woke up today morning and got it within 35 mins of trying again. I increased my sensitivity from the default option to 5 and I don't know if that's what nailed it for me. Got 19.70 initially and the trophy didn't pop lol. So meeting the time doesn't work. Good luck to everyone else. Just keep at it and you will eventually get it

I just got it with 19.05 seconds. I'm so happy. I probably tried about a million times but I don't give up. Congratz to you as well!

• Like 2