'The Student Surpasses the Master' Trophy Bugged?

I'm stucked with this trophy. The last 3 days playing onli The Pit and can't have better time to 23:55 so I can't get the thophy and the plat. Its very frustrating.

Edit: If someone can help me with the SharePlay I go to be very grateful. Mi ID is RCaldera84.

Edited by RCaldera84
Add ID

On 12/08/2020 at 7:57 AM, DiegoMolinams said:

My first time playing MW2 and my second COD overall ever. Got it in about 20 minutes, I used IbaddriverI video for a reference route. I used the M9 and Desert Eagle, sensitivity 6 for both axis, and reloaded the checkpoint every time I failed so the targets were always on the same spot. I also use a Kontrolfreek Performance Thumbstick on my right stick but that is not necessary.

I believe reloading the checkpoint is key, it takes aways the random factor, and it's basically repetition until you get it perfect, not that difficult, muscle memory will be your best friend here. Also abusing the aim assist snap effect helps a lot. If you get frustrated go to sleep and do it the next morning with a fresh mind. 

Definitely spent an age trying it without restarting but then tried it and got it about 20 minutes later. You have to be perfect and still have luck on your side at least the restarting takes the location randomness away

• Like 1

I got it by only using the pistol so I never switched weapons at all. Use melee and be accurate on the shots you take, it works wonders for your accuracy bonus. And then you only need to reload once, while going up the stairs (when it hurts the least).

In more detail:

In the first area (so before you get into the little building) just reload the checkpoint on a big mistake. A mistake in or after the small building, always complete the run to learn the latter part of the course too.

In that first part use two shots on the first three targets and in case you fail, just reload the checkpoint. You can easily melee two enemies in this first part: the one who is about half way on the right and the one in the doorway. Melee works wonders for your accuracy and it's far easier than lining shots up. The rest of them in this first area I just lined up the shots nicely to have 1 shot 1 kill. If you miss a lot here: take a little more time to aim.

The bit with two enemies at the top and three at the bottom, keep walking with normal speed and work the whole building right-bottom, right-top, left-top and middle bottom. By the time you kill the fourth enemy, you will be close to the door for a melee on the fifth guy.

Inside the little building I just went with two or three shots depending on if I managed to line up the two targets on the right. If you did well up to now, you only have to reload the pistol for the first time while going up the stairs. Melee this guy and line up the four targets here to use two shots like you see in most videos. If that does not work, just use the shots you need. But do not panic and just keep going.

When dropping down, just do whatever works for you. Lining up shots can be tough, but you can use melee here too. It's a little trickier here because some targets are to the left and right of your ideal line, so you may end up stabbing the air. Pistol is safer and you will have plenty rounds left anyway. The last two guys should definitely be a 1-shot-2-kill deal though.

I am not a very good gamer at all, but the above method was relatively painless for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I got it by only using the pistol so I never switched weapons at all. Use melee and be accurate on the shots you take, it works wonders for your accuracy bonus. And then you only need to reload once, while going up the stairs (when it hurts the least).

In more detail:

In the first area (so before you get into the little building) just reload the checkpoint on a big mistake. A mistake in or after the small building, always complete the run to learn the latter part of the course too.

In that first part use two shots on the first three targets and in case you fail, just reload the checkpoint. You can easily melee two enemies in this first part: the one who is about half way on the right and the one in the doorway. Melee works wonders for your accuracy and it's far easier than lining shots up. The rest of them in this first area I just lined up the shots nicely to have 1 shot 1 kill. If you miss a lot here: take a little more time to aim.

The bit with two enemies at the top and three at the bottom, keep walking with normal speed and work the whole building right-bottom, right-top, left-top and middle bottom. By the time you kill the fourth enemy, you will be close to the door for a melee on the fifth guy.

Inside the little building I just went with two or three shots depending on if I managed to line up the two targets on the right. If you did well up to now, you only have to reload the pistol for the first time while going up the stairs. Melee this guy and line up the four targets here to use two shots like you see in most videos. If that does not work, just use the shots you need. But do not panic and just keep going.

When dropping down, just do whatever works for you. Lining up shots can be tough, but you can use melee here too. It's a little trickier here because some targets are to the left and right of your ideal line, so you may end up stabbing the air. Pistol is safer and you will have plenty rounds left anyway. The last two guys should definitely be a 1-shot-2-kill deal though.

I am not a very good gamer at all, but the above method was relatively painless for me.

How does melee increase accuracy bonus? On my best runs with 7 doubles and not missing since I had 7.1 seconds bonus. How much could I expect melee to score me more? Thanks for this tip, will definitely try this when I get on today.

Cannot do this fucking shit trophy, I cannot for the life of me run through the course fast enough despite sprinting where possible and shooting everything as fast as i can, christ....how people can say this is easier than MW1's similar trophy is insane...

5 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Cannot do this fucking shit trophy, I cannot for the life of me run through the course fast enough despite sprinting where possible and shooting everything as fast as i can, christ....how people can say this is easier than MW1's similar trophy is insane...

try this method i learned thanks to pink pb. i had lost almost all hope, then got it in 17 minutes after booting the game up. i missed a double too, which cost me an even bigger accuracy bonus. those 2 optional knifes make a solid difference. 

• Like 2

Big issue with the trophy is the changing pattern. If you hit Options, then load the last checkpoint, you get the exact same pattern every time. I was struggling keeping a rhythm just running it over and over, lowest time was 22 sec. Once I tried loading last checkpoint (ran it with M9 & Desert Eagle), hit 18.4 sec on my fifth attempt. Every load attempt before was between 20-21 sec. It was also the most optimal pattern for hitting multiple targets with one shot.

7 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

try this method i learned thanks to pink pb. i had lost almost all hope, then got it in 17 minutes after booting the game up. i missed a double too, which cost me an even bigger accuracy bonus. those 2 optional knifes make a solid difference. 

What i cannot do is run through the course fast enough, the deciding factor in whether you stand a chance with it from how the videos look is whether you can get through to the first building in just 9 seconds which i just cannot do, the aiming and shooting and sprinting is awful in this game

I got it the other day, it was still easier than MWR 1's Best of the Best trophy. But it's debatable if this or Mile High Club is harder. 

How I did it:

• Use USP and M9. Use the USP first so you can use the faster knife melee.
  • I usually melee the targets in the doorway and stairs. Sometimes I melee one of the other targets if I missed a line-up shot. 
  • Memorie the locations of targets, especially where the civilians are. Sometimes you might hit a civilian due to it being right behind an enemy target.
  • Repeat the course multiple times, more you repeat the entire course. The more you get used to sprinting and navigating, especially getting through the doorway and switching from USP to M9.
  • Aim for headshots. The bullet tends to hit lower than where you aim. I've ended up shooting the barricades too many times until I started aiming for headshots. This will make lining up targets easier.
  • Practice sprinting and strafing. especially when aiming and shooting targets while strafing.
  • When you finally get a time below 19.7, pause and wait. The game likes to lag the trophy pop, pausing helps it catch up.

Remember, if a scrub like me with pisspoor FPS skills can get through this, you can too.

I got this trophy after about 30 minutes yesterday. I recommend using the AA12 and USP 45. Use the AA12 for the targets in the first area then switch to the pistol once you get inside the building. If you hit a good amount of doubles then you should get a good time

• Like 1

I got in +1 week, 2 days, 4 hours playing 1 hour every alternate date. 

My advice is "Practice a course and if you feel it's not right for you, exit the game and select mission start new S.S.D.D. The course will change every time you start a new mission and if you are lucky you will multip double kills in of the courses" 

Just got this trophy along with the platinum..

Always reload 'last checkpoint' If you miss a shot or hit a civilian! the targets will also remain in the same position everytime if you reload the checkpoint, way easier for muscle memory!

I got 18.90 and the the trophy never popped for some reason! closed application and started again achieving 18.60 it popped straight away

• Like 1

• 1 year later...