'The Student Surpasses the Master' Trophy Bugged?

Did this today after too many tries to mention.

The method I used is the AA12, usp 45 method. I tried M9, D.Eagle and the best I could get was 21.25, did this for about 3hrs with little joy.

Switched to AA12 shotgun and usp and did it in about 1 hr 30 (took a while to get the layout after trying the other method for so long).

Stating the obvious and what others have said before....you need a little luck with the pop ups but I did the following

Sprinted into the opening and shot first guy on left

Doubled the next two, sprinted.

The next two were close together so was able to quickly take out with one shot each, sprinted.

Doubled the guy in front and the guy in the building.

One shot each for roof guys and the guy in the door way

Switched to usp

Took out the guy as he popped on the left of the civilian (he can be the othe side also)

Doubled the 2 on the right.

Up stairs and meleed

The guys on the left were doubled (they don't always overlap)

Doubled the guys on the right.

Jumped down

Doubled the first guy and the guy behind him.

Ran to the right

Doubled the next two.

Ran to the left

Doubled the final two.

Sprinted to the end

Time - 27.5

160%  accuracy

Total time - 19.5

Trophy popped immediately

The video below does this method (better than I) and worked better than the other method for me.

• 1 month later...

same thing happened to me, i got 18.75 and i thought everything was good so i finished the mission and went back to mission select to see my new best time and it didn’t update as if it never happened. does anyone from the activision team go on here because you need to fix this bug? and give me the trophy i earned

Edit: went back the next morning and tried again, using the AA/usp(tactical) set up and managed to get a time of 18.29 ****the trophy takes really long to proctor so DO NOT FINISH THE MISSION UNTIL IT POPS, it finally popped for me after getting halfway through another run right after i finished****

Edited by SoLiD_RamaGeZ
more information post-script

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to finally get a ruling on if this trophy can be done via SharePlay?

Whenever I see gaming sessions pop up asking for help everyone cries that "SharePlay has too much lag" and "it can't be done; I need your account login to do it" Welp random person on the internet I'm not about to give you my account information without some sort of collateral.

So, please, can anyone help an aging gamer out? (side note: getting old sucks, hate getting merced by 6 year olds) Been trying for this one off & on for years; last night w/ the new Dual Sense Edge controller (mapped sprint and melee to the back buttons for more speed) my best time after about 6 hours was just over 21 seconds. (hell, I have even considered getting a better TV for lower lag times to see if that would help).

So, can this trophy be obtained on a PS5 via SharePlay w/ hardwired internet connection? If not, is there ANYWAY to share account info and still keep it safe (stupid question I'm sure, but, I'm also sure that there is a lot of little tricks out there that I don't know in this world.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 27.01.2023 at 6:33 PM, LC-50 said:

Is it possible to finally get a ruling on if this trophy can be done via SharePlay?

Whenever I see gaming sessions pop up asking for help everyone cries that "SharePlay has too much lag" and "it can't be done; I need your account login to do it" Welp random person on the internet I'm not about to give you my account information without some sort of collateral.

So, please, can anyone help an aging gamer out? (side note: getting old sucks, hate getting merced by 6 year olds) Been trying for this one off & on for years; last night w/ the new Dual Sense Edge controller (mapped sprint and melee to the back buttons for more speed) my best time after about 6 hours was just over 21 seconds. (hell, I have even considered getting a better TV for lower lag times to see if that would help).

So, can this trophy be obtained on a PS5 via SharePlay w/ hardwired internet connection? If not, is there ANYWAY to share account info and still keep it safe (stupid question I'm sure, but, I'm also sure that there is a lot of little tricks out there that I don't know in this world.)

Any luck??? I can not obtain it too. I will never be that skilled, cause I am old my sight isnt best, and will never be as quick. It is bulsh... that such stupid trophies exists. And would be shame to not got plat only because one stupid trophy... any help? Btw. All yt tutorials that mentioned loading checkpoint got different layout of targets than mine, did developers changed that to make it even harder to obtain?

Edit: Ok, I've done it. Must say that after several hours and remapping buttons I've managed to get a little better, but absolutely most important thing is to begin S.S.D.D mission over and over again until layout of targets will be optimal. Without it players like me doesn't stood a chance to complete it. The most crucial is two have 2 near targets in the middle of first section, and two pairs of targets (for only two shots) upstairs before jumping the ledge. After them you change to Desert Eagle and must hit three pairs in last section. So the layout is absolutely crucial to complete it.

Edit2: Oh, btw. I can not confirm this for 100%, but when I played this mission on PS4 I've got at least 3-4 seconds better times. I am not sure if this has anything to do with Dualshock 4 or just PS5 maybe is to "fast" and steal a bit of time aspecialy from weaker players like me, but finally I've managed to beat it on PS4 not PS5. On PS5 my best time was something like 22.45...

Edited by Hawkmoon_PL

• 4 weeks later...

I got to 20.7, then 20.6. Getting frustrated but I'll get it.

Update: I got 19.4 today. I was playing on ps5 and read about others having trouble on ps5 so I downloaded it to my ps4 pro and got it within 30 min. 

I definitely suggest going for this on a ps4. 

Edited by MohawkJon_1311
Update