Trails of Cold Steel IV announced, releasing fall 2020

I do question the logic of announcing something on April Fools Day because we're taught to think everything is bullshit. :P But yeah, this seems to be legit. I'm glad we don't have to wait very long to see the end of the saga here in the west because CS3 ends on a pretty big cliffhanger. I will pre-order the collector's edition as soon as I see it pop up on NISA's European store.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

Wew, I bought the Japanese version a while ago simply because I didn't think I could wait for however long it would take for the western release so this a great news. Hopefully they'll localize Zero and Blue at some point.

• Like 1

Perhaps they chose today for their announcement because the Japanese fiscal year starts on 1st April? I remember several cases in the past where a Japanese or Japan-adjacent company announced something on the first, only to be met with "haha, yeah, right" responses at first.

• Like 2

I just have to finish my nightmare run from the Trails of Cold Steel III and I will be able to enjoy this new (and regretfully last) game.

I was a little bit suspicious at first being it April's Fools, but I want to believe and pre-order it now =D

34 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Any news about a bundle with the first 3 games? I'm seeing ToCS more and more, i feel like i have to add it to my collection

Don't expect a bundle. 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 were handled by different publishers

• Like 1

I've been hearing a lot about these games recently and they've been recommended to me recently.

I've been holding back because I've heard the 3rd game ends on a cliffhanger and I don't like those. I don't know if that's true or not so I was going to wait for this before I make any decisions. I suppose I could still play 1 & 2 though.

I have been told it's similar to Persona. Sort of. Without Personas though obviously. lol.

If you wish... you may try to convince me to get these games further. ?

5 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I almost didn't believe this because today is April Fool's... it sounded so good I figured it would be false. Glad it's true. Right now I'm at chapter 3 of ToCS III.

Now I am wondering what sort of LE this will have, like ToCS III's Thors Academy Edition with the Einhel Keep box.

No need to wonder

TOCS4_ESRB_PS4_LEGlamshot.png

https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv-limited-edition-ps4

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

I mean yeah this best not be an April fool. 

Any word on EU editions? I only skimmed the article so sorry if i missed.

Here you are: the European LE. According to Nisa, it should be announced today, and it looks like exactly the NA version. B)

jxVNmAI.png

Now this is a very good April fools' day, there should be more like this. xD Please, now you should annouce Ys IX!:yay:

• Like 2