How to avoid Doomsday Heist Criminal Mastermind progress randomly resetting

12 hours ago, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

Had some trouble with this issue myself and there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation anywhere on how to prevent this from happening.

For those unaware, when going for the Criminal Masterminds trophy in the GTA V Doomsday Heist, your progress can randomly reset without any real explanation upon starting a mission.

Here's how to avoid this happening:

1. Make sure the people you are doing the heists with are in your CEO organisation before starting any prep, setup or heist finale.

2. Complete all the prep missions in a public lobby, one after the other.

3. Then switch to an invite-only lobby, re-invite your teammates to your organisation and complete the setups and finale.

4. Repeat the process for the second and third heist.

For whatever reason, this prevents your criminal mastermind progress from randomly resetting - after using this method my progress was never randomly reset and I was able to get the trophy.

Hope this helps, good luck!

gz on getting the trophy!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After finishing prep missions, setups and finale, change your suit to trigger the online data saving manually. And avoid personal vehicles being destroyed, this will trigger the data saving instantly, you'll not have time to shutdown the game or disable the network.

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2020 at 9:35 PM, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

Had some trouble with this issue myself and there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation anywhere on how to prevent this from happening.

For those unaware, when going for the Criminal Masterminds trophy in the GTA V Doomsday Heist, your progress can randomly reset without any real explanation upon starting a mission.

Here's how to avoid this happening:

1. Make sure the people you are doing the heists with are in your CEO organisation before starting any prep, setup or heist finale.

2. Complete all the prep missions in a public lobby, one after the other.

3. Then switch to an invite-only lobby, re-invite your teammates to your organisation and complete the setups and finale.

4. Repeat the process for the second and third heist.

For whatever reason, this prevents your criminal mastermind progress from randomly resetting - after using this method my progress was never randomly reset and I was able to get the trophy.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Additional inputs:

1. Every time your team starts a heists, make sure all of you are in the heists room. All of you must be on the cutscene.

2. Prep Missions - You can start the mission with only Host in the heists room, other team members can be out in the city (suggested since you can get the mission quickly).

3. Setup Missions - All must be on the heists room before starting the mission. NO phone invitation must be accepted. The whole team must join the lobby in the heists room.

4. Finale Mission - Make sure that all of you are going to the heists room at the same time. All of you must be on the cutscene.

If anyone dies during any setup/finale mission, you can all quickly quit application to avoid resetting of progress. But avoid this ~ Die on any owned vehicle as it instantly saves the progress. So if you are using owned vehicle during a setup/finale mission, go out of the vehicle if there are enemies using missiles or helicopter.

Goodluck to all! One of my proudest trophy to date.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I had the "your progress has been reset" message in the lower left corner pop-up after a teammate died.

We reset the game per the OP and when I reloaded the progress had NOT been reset.

This happened multiple times.

So if it happens to you, stay cool like Fonzie, follow all the tips here and in guides, and you probably should be fine. 

• Like 1

A little off topic, but how hard is this trophy?

I'm beginning my online journey and have been grinding levels and money, how prepared do I have to be when I try this trophy? Or is more a matter of knowing what to do and having agood team?

19 minutes ago, Clennx said:

I'm beginning my online journey and have been grinding levels and money, how prepared do I have to be when I try this trophy? Or is more a matter of knowing what to do and having agood team?

In my case, I'd say being a good player is enough to beat this challenge. So, the more experience you have, the easier it becomes. Also, it's crucial you have a good team willing to repeat the challenge as many times as it takes. Finally, there are a lot of tools you can buy to make it easeir (vehicles, weapons, ect.).

For the most part, these trophies should be the last ones you earn, after getting enough experience on the game and therefore, making it a bit easier to get. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2021 at 2:15 AM, Clennx said:

ELITIST AND MASTERMIND TROPHY, are the most difficult trophies in the game, you have to be above level 120 so you can stow more body armor, you definitely need a lot on the act 3 finale.

you can check this video 

On 6/7/2021 at 2:15 PM, Clennx said:

Not hard cuz of the quit out before save cheese. Would have been 100x more harder if you couldn't abuse it as you will have to start back from scratch. I personally didn't find it too difficult. You need good communication and a team with decent gear. There are some vehicles that can make some missions a breeze.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

Thanks for this info,  should make this trophy easier.....

As for the prep missions,  I've been finding them straight forward until the last one in act 2, the torpedo ecu one.  Anyone else have trouble with it,  I honestly died so many times,  those 2 helis kept respawning and they drove me crazy with their dead eye aim. 

6 minutes ago, closertim said:

Thanks for this info,  should make this trophy easier.....

As for the prep missions,  I've been finding them straight forward until the last one in act 2, the torpedo ecu one.  Anyone else have trouble with it,  I honestly died so many times,  those 2 helis kept respawning and they drove me crazy with their dead eye aim. 

If you have the money just get the mk2 oppressor. A fully upgraded one makes all the free roam prep mission a joke. If not, the cheap route would be buzzard. Kill all the enemies on the boat, grab the bags, kill all the enemy choppers that spawn instantly and fly asap out.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

So, you can still quit game when you die and progress won't reset? Because I heard they patched it and after second disconnect, everything resets, is that true? 

Not true and this has not been patched. You have to quit ASAP as soon as you or one of your teammates dies and everyone in your group must quit out also. Deaths during prep missions are OK. You need to make sure that no one dies when their personal vehicle explodes because the game will auto save and will count as a death. So avoid as much as possible when it comes to enemy buzzards. 

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

18 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

So, you can still quit game when you die and progress won't reset? Because I heard they patched it and after second disconnect, everything resets, is that true? 

We recently completed Criminal Mastermind IV for the doomsday heist and quit out 4 times in total over the whole 3 acts without ever losing progress. We also had a few disconnects during missions and in that case everyone would also quit out immediately without waiting on the failure screen.

It's important that EVERYONE quits out and that you do it very quick. Voice chat is necessary in my opinion.

Also: If a player owned car is destroyed with any of you in it and causing the player in the car to die, the game will instantly save and quiting out won't work to recover from this death. This is because destroying a player owned car instantly triggers a save that also saves the death of the player while just dying by bullets doesn't immediately save. So during setups and finales we would never get our player owned cars out and just take a random one that was always parked near the facility (sandy shores in our case).

An armored kuruma would make some missions easier but we didn't risk it because if it got destroyed with someone inside it, we would lose all progress. So instead we just took it slower and from further away when possible.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Question: have any of you dealt with 1 of your teammates being behind the rest in the challenge? My awards tab says I've done 14/29 while the other three all have 15/29 despite the fact I've been present for every prep, setup, and heist so far. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what. Curious if anyone else has dealt with it though

17 minutes ago, elibear83 said:

Question: have any of you dealt with 1 of your teammates being behind the rest in the challenge? My awards tab says I've done 14/29 while the other three all have 15/29 despite the fact I've been present for every prep, setup, and heist so far. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what. Curious if anyone else has dealt with it though

It's a glitch where one of the missions didn't count. Eventually the game will give you a warning that your progress will reset if you continue playing. Had it happen to a friend when he got into the helicopter in the middle of one of the setup missions

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

I have one more question. 

For Criminal Mastermind, do I have to do it separately with 2, 3 and 4 players? Or I can just do 4 players group for the trophy? 

You have to do the entire Doomsday Heist 3 times for Criminal Mastermind, once with 2 players, once with 3 players & once with 4.

On all steps you also have to follow no deaths, hard mode, same team etc. You can do the different runs with different teams though, for example you don't have to do the 2 player one with any of the players from the 3 or 4 player runs & vice versa.

On 05/12/2021 at 3:59 PM, ObsceneSociopath said:

You have to do the entire Doomsday Heist 3 times for Criminal Mastermind, once with 2 players, once with 3 players & once with 4.

On all steps you also have to follow no deaths, hard mode, same team etc. You can do the different runs with different teams though, for example you don't have to do the 2 player one with any of the players from the 3 or 4 player runs & vice versa.

You need to do it all in order too. I managed to find a solid reliable group and I got all 3 challenges done within 2 weeks.

16 hours ago, HappyDog325 said:

You need to do it all in order too. I managed to find a solid reliable group and I got all 3 challenges done within 2 weeks.

If by in order you mean, 2, then 3 then 4, that's not case, when I did it 3 years ago, I did 4 man, then 2 & then 3.

If you meant where I said following all the steps, I did put etc. at the end to indicate there were more things I hadn't listed & anyone attempting the Criminal  Masterminds runs would be well aware of all the criteria & conditions that need to be met.