Sewer Crystals - Game Crash

Undoubtedly the best method for making your way through the sewers and to all of the crystals is using the Qwack-O-Ray. Turns anything and everything into a duck instantly, however I noticed shortly into it the game started lagging and when I had over 70 crystals it froze forcing me to restart and lose all of them. Continuous use of the weapon on so many enemies at once seems to be too much for the game to handle. So to avoid a wasted half an hour-40 mins I’d suggest saving regularly and/or trading them in every 20-30 crystals. Even at that amount Ratchet was regularly jumping in slow motion, maybe needed to lay off the enemies a little...

Hope this helps 

Edited by Eqill5
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I had this happen to me 3 times before I realized what was happening. To elaborate on this, I THINK it's because once you upgrade the Qwack-o-Ray to V2, the ducks start shitting explosive eggs and that creates too many objects in the area and forces the game to crash. To rectify this, I just stopped using the Qwack-o-Ray in the sewers. It seemed like you can kill the ducks after turning enemies as well, but that is kind of tedious and you kind of just want out of the sewers ASAP because it's horrible to navigate. 

• 1 month later...