Immortal Trophy Explained

7 hours ago, Shiv017 said:

If I shoot a friendly by mistake but they don't die, does that have any impact on the trophy being unlocked?

Yes because it still counts as restarting a checkpoint.

1 hour ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Glitched for me as well. Can confidently say I did each mission without dying, still no trophy. Why they didn’t give each mission an emblem/indicator that you did it is beyond me. I’m pretty irritated TBH

Are you sure you didn't mistakenly turned on a modifier or died as soon as a mission began and hit last checkpoint. Because it can invalidate the run that way.

Edited by MarioMan200

2 hours ago, MarioMan200 said:

Yes because it still counts as restarting a checkpoint.

Are you sure you didn't mistakenly turned on a modifier or died as soon as a mission began and hit last checkpoint. Because it can invalidate the run that way.

Yes I’m positive. I always hit restart mission. And no, no modifiers have ever been on

17 hours ago, MarioMan200 said:

- You DO NOT have to do 'No Russian' to obtain the "Immortal" trophy.

- You CAN hit Restart Mission as soon as you die. You don't have to Mission Select everytime you fail.

- A lot of these missions can be completed within a matter of minutes by just speedrunning the level by quickly sprinting to the objective before your teammates get there. It's much faster to go on your own instead of waiting around for them to catch up because they can spawn near you when go far ahead in some missions. A lot of these combat sections can be easily skipped by just running through. Be a bit cautious on some sections because your not "Immortal" :giggle:.

ALWAYS go for the riot shield that's in missions 'The Gulag' and 'Just Like Old Times'.

- If you think your confident on your skills you can go for misc. trophies during your immortal runs to cut down time for the platinum.

I agree with this post, i've gotten this trophy by just playing the campaign from start on recruit, and whenever I failed I would press start and then press restart mission. Missions where I failed include Cliffhanger (stupid snowmobile) , and Contagion (or something) , tried to do it too quickly and made rookie mistakes =)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shiv017 said:

Okay so I finally got the immortal trophy and the platinum. Make sure you don't even shoot friendlies once, even if they don't die. If you hear them say friendly fire or anything like that just restart the level. Hope this helps anyone out

Did you do it via chapter select or started a new game? I am thinking if its better to start a new game and whenever u fail just restart mission instead of chapter selecting. Worried that the game might be a bit bugged

8 hours ago, Shiv017 said:

Okay so I finally got the immortal trophy and the platinum. Make sure you don't even shoot friendlies once, even if they don't die. If you hear them say friendly fire or anything like that just restart the level. Hope this helps anyone out

You mean the red screen with friendly fire? You can shoot friendlies as long as you don't get that screen, otherwise you'll reload a checkpoint.

10 minutes ago, FresHOnline_ said:

starting to think so too , nearly finished  my second run for this trophy hoping it unlocks 

I was even thinking did I complete some of them too fast. For the favela missions & the plane graveyard I just basically sprinted through it. Really frustrating not having some sort of tracker for it cause I know I did them all.  

4 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Did you do it via chapter select or started a new game? I am thinking if its better to start a new game and whenever u fail just restart mission instead of chapter selecting. Worried that the game might be a bit bugged

I used chapter select since my trophy didn't initially pop and I had to repeat missions again. Also, it's not necessary to start a new game and you can do it in any order through chapter select, and you can continuously play through levels if you want to. Also if you fail a mission, you can restart the mission from the pause menu instead of chapter selecting. I advise that you restart a mission if you shoot a friendly by mistake even if they don't die, because it may void the trophy (talking from personal experience).

3 hours ago, Wuthg21 said:

You mean the red screen with friendly fire? You can shoot friendlies as long as you don't get that screen, otherwise you'll reload a checkpoint.

No, I only shot them once and a red screen didn't show up, but the character getting shot said "friendly fire" or something similar. In my second run I shot friendlies in a few levels without getting a failure screen and the trophy didn't pop for me, so I assume that even if you don't fail a mission when shooting a friendly on accident, it's better to restart the mission and not take any chances. 

12 minutes ago, RipperRoo22 said:

I was even thinking did I complete some of them too fast. For the favela missions & the plane graveyard I just basically sprinted through it. Really frustrating not having some sort of tracker for it cause I know I did them all.  

just popped for me lol  after i finished loose ends

I’ve got absolutely no doubt this trophy is bugged. Replayed several missions that I might’ve had the tiniest bit of doubt about after doing the whole campaign sure that I’d done every mission without dying and still nothing has popped. Even done SSDD which counts and no Russian which apparently doesn’t count. 

53 minutes ago, RipperRoo22 said:

I’ve got absolutely no doubt this trophy is bugged. Replayed several missions that I might’ve had the tiniest bit of doubt about after doing the whole campaign sure that I’d done every mission without dying and still nothing has popped. Even done SSDD which counts and no Russian which apparently doesn’t count. 

So I just got it after completing the only easy day was yesterday which I know I did without dying on my first immortal play through so I think it’s slightly bugged. Very frustrating trophy but so relieved that’s over! 

The game feels like it's a little bit buggy with the trophy pops. Most of mine were really delayed and didn't have the trophy image show up when they popped.

I had to do "No Rest For The Wary" like five times in the same way before it actually popped. In most cases if you meet the conditions the trophy will pop - it might just take a while or you have to repeat a chapter or something.

On 04/04/2020 at 2:10 AM, Shiv017 said:

You don’t have to restart the mission if you fire at a team mate and they say that. You aren’t restarting from a checkpoint so it doesn’t matter.

It’s definitely glitched for some people. Me included. I definitely didn’t die. And if i did, i restarted the mission. Nor did i kill any civilians. I’m currently going through mission select and completing missions i thought i died and restarted the mission in. I’ve done about 10 up to now and still no trophy. 

Edited by Radford999

Can confirm that you SHOULD NOT SHOOT FRIENDLIES.  Even if you don't fail the mission when it happens still restart the mission regardless. I just got the trophy after finishing the mission Wolverines! Guess I shot a friendly some where in it. 

1 hour ago, GrimWaltz said:

Can confirm that you SHOULD NOT SHOOT FRIENDLIES.  Even if you don't fail the mission when it happens still restart the mission regardless. I just got the trophy after finishing the mission Wolverines! Guess I shot a friendly some where in it. 

That can’t be right though. The trophy description says don’t restart from a checkpoint. When you should a friendly, even if you kill them, the game doesn't take you back to a checkpont. It just carries on as normal. 

Edited by Radford999

54 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

That can’t be right though. The trophy description says don’t restart from a checkpoint. When you should a friendly, even if you kill them, the game doesn't take you back to a checkpont. It just carries on as normal. 

Don't know what to tell ya. Went through the entire campaign in one sitting and no pop following the directions that were given in the forum post. Played through it again and after I finished the mission Wolverines! it popped without me shooting friendlies. Also don't complain to me I'm only reporting on what worked for me. 

2 hours ago, GrimWaltz said:

Don't know what to tell ya. Went through the entire campaign in one sitting and no pop following the directions that were given in the forum post. Played through it again and after I finished the mission Wolverines! it popped without me shooting friendlies. Also don't complain to me I'm only reporting on what worked for me. 

I’m not complaining bro. Thanks for the tips. I just personally don’t think it would matter if you killed a friendly. Obviously sometimes the game will send you back to the last checkpoint. Especially if you kill civilians. But if you kill a friendly fighter, 9/10 the game just lets you carry on and doesn't fail the mission. 

Just finished it and no fucking trophy. So pissed off. Do you need to do ssdd as well? 

Edit: Ssdd counts. Just got the trophy.

For those saying that killing friendlies disables the trophy,I am pretty sure it doesn't since I killed one or two friendlies and didn't restart the mission and I still got the trophy. I think the trophy is buggy for whatever reason

Edited by abhinandhan22

2 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Just finished it and no fucking trophy. So pissed off. Do you need to do ssdd as well? 

Edit: Ssdd counts. Just got the trophy.

For those saying that killing friendlies disables the trophy,I am pretty sure it doesn't since I killed one or two friendlies and didn't restart the mission and I still got the trophy. I think the trophy is buggy for whatever reason

So you can confirm you did kill friendlies and still got the trophy? - a lot of people have said that this disables the trophy? 

35 minutes ago, terman8or said:

So you can confirm you did kill friendlies and still got the trophy? - a lot of people have said that this disables the trophy? 

Yes i definitely killed friendlies by accident and i did not restart the chapter. Only times i ever restarted was when I died. However if u want to be safe maybe when u kill a friendly just take a note of which chapter that is and if at the end it doesnt pop u can just replay that chapter to see if it unlocks. 

As @Radford999 said, I don't see how that would impact the trophy since the game doesn't reset in any way. It just continues as normal so it might just not be registering accurately for some people due to whatever reason not cuz they might have shot a friendly by accident. The trophies in this game are so broken with images not popping,delayed pops etc. 

Edited by abhinandhan22