Immortal Trophy Explained

Just had it glitched for me and did nothing wrong.

Im going to back up my save, then just delete game and do of a complete fresh file, so NO mission has been complete yet.

This way whenever a mission gets completed for the first time, its with no deaths/reload.

So much mess going on about this trophy, the must sure way is to obviously adhere to the basic rules, but also been on a complete fresh game, at least then you know that any glitches have been properly wiped!

• Like 1

Finally just unlocked this trophy on my second recruit run through. Here's what I did differently to my first attempt:

• Made a checklist on my phone of all the missions. As I went through, I ticked them all off and made note of any issues (i.e. shot teammate / died and restarted from mission select). If I didn't unlock at the end of the run through I'd know what missions to do again
  • As just mentioned, anytime I died I saved & quit and restarted the mission for mission select. If I turned on my PS4 to start playing again but the game was already in a mission (even right at the start), I would also quit and restart
  • The one major thing I did differently was on Contingency, instead of sliding down the hill where you'd get the Angel Savior trophy, I waited for Price and had the predator destroyed before sliding down
  • I did shoot a few teammates (and I think even killed one on Contingency but didn't get the friendly fire screen) and I don't believe it affected the trophy

There could have been a mission in between SSDD and Contingency that I messed up on, but waiting for Price was the one thing I did different and that's the mission where it popped. Most missions I did a speedrun where I could, but waited at this part.

Edited by Iokuu
  • Like 1

Most certainly buggy/glitched.

I did a complete run of all missions making sure not to die or reload a checkpoint by using mission select and no trophy.

Started it all again from the beginning doing missions in order restarting missions through the pause menu and it randomly popped after Contingency.

• Like 1

for what it's worth with all the bug and glitch talk, i started a new game after completing the vet run. noted 2 missions where I killed teammates along the way, just in case - but no friendly fire game over. just kept going and wrote it down. got to the end and the trophy clicked.

glitch may be there, but i don't think friendly fire is a deal breaker

Got it after completing Sundown. I had been restarting the pause menu. So ran back through it. Definitely don't think it's glitched. Just carelessly implemented.

Well playing MW2 again was fun. But it brought back all those wonderful memories of asinine level design.

Yes I'm talking about you Takedown. The mission that should have never got past a two sentence conversation. 

Hey let's make mission to up the pace. Yeah cool idea bro, but it don't complement the forward firing game play. 

And thus, with that, Takedown and Hornets Nest should never have happened. But, for some unknown reason, they went and made those bloody asinine missions.

Fair enough they are manageable on lower difficulties. But they still don't work. 

Never mind infinite warfare. The infinite idiocy of game designers never ceases to amaze me.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, jonesey46 said:

But it's not just me that got it first try is it? There's plenty of people on here who also got it first try. Just as there are many people on here who didn't.

Again, I feel I need to explain that I'm not calling YOU out, nor am I saying it definitely 100% is or isn't glitched. I just don't believe it is.

I've been through all this with Sand Snake on Prince of Persia The Two Thrones. Dozens of threads on here and other websites telling you the game is glitched and you have to follow a specific set of rules to get the trophy, but when you actually do it yourself you find it's really simple and all those people were just idiots who didn't do it properly.

A handful of people vs 100s..... You got lucky, end of. 

9 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

A handful of people vs 100s..... You got lucky, end of. 

Or you just keep telling yourself because you haven't got the trophy. You have no evidence.

All you have to do is after a death go missiom select and start over. If you have to leave the game, don't select continue, as it counts as a checkpoint load. 

Simply mission select again, and it will overwright your previous data for that mission. 

That's all there is to it.

EDIT: There is over 9000 people with the plat. Are they all just lucky?

It's pretty simple to figure out they intended the trophy to be like a single run without death/fail.

So you have to 1) manipulate the mission select save data.

2) Or play it all in one go without death/fail.

Edited by AMadScotsGuy

On 8/17/2020 at 0:36 PM, AMadScotsGuy said:

Or you just keep telling yourself because you haven't got the trophy. You have no evidence.

All you have to do is after a death go missiom select and start over. If you have to leave the game, don't select continue, as it counts as a checkpoint load. 

Simply mission select again, and it will overwright your previous data for that mission. 

That's all there is to it.

EDIT: There is over 9000 people with the plat. Are they all just lucky?

It's pretty simple to figure out they intended the trophy to be like a single run without death/fail.

So you have to 1) manipulate the mission select save data.

2) Or play it all in one go without death/fail.

I got it with mission select.

It's not actually a glitch. After completing the final level without dying I didnt't unlock the trophy and so I did some searching.

The trophy doesn't unlock if ANY checkpoint is restarted, which means if you turn your console off during a mission and continue later it counts as checkpoint reload ie a death.

For me it was Exodus, I checked the last trophy I earned the previous day and completed the mission after that again, and unlocked the trophy.

• 1 month later...

This trophy has been kinda weird for me...

Like the others, I did every mission on recruit... and no trophy.

Then I played the first mission, and still no trophy.

I was starting to get worried, but when i went to check the trophy list I noticed the percentage went up... and there was it, the Immortal trophy unlocked..! So, in my case, the trophy never "popped", never appeared the notification on screen, but I still unlocked it ?

Still a shitty trophy.

While not particularly hard or challenging, it is incredibly easy to get blown up by an exploding vehicle and a grenade. In this Call of Duty game enemies are grenade happy, while not quite as bad as World at War they throw grenades quite frequently.

I died multiple times on the 'Brazil' levels because you have to fight your way through a series of poor houses where militia can and will use guerrilla tactics. Normally you can absorb a lot of damage on Recruit, however there is always the explosion that can automatically kill you, resulting in a mission restart.

Will be glad to get this game done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These threads got me worried, but I got the trophy without much trouble. I was playing a campaign from the start, selecting recruit difficulty. Everytime I died I pressed restart mission from pause menu. When I came back to the game after a brake I would select continue, and then pause and restart mission. One of the last missions I noticed that every time I kill an enemy he drops a granade. Only after a while did I realise that at some point I accidentally enabled some special mode unlocked collecting Intel. I turned it off and restarted the mission. To my dismay the trophy didn't pop after I finished campaign, but I had a hunch, and next day I replayed one mission before the one I noticed I had special mode on. I replayed it through mission select, overwriting the progress, and the trophy popped. 

Mission select recruit difficulty and inifinite ammo ( do not do this, wrong information.) from intel menu will be easier and quicker to get trophy I think. I don't have it yet, progress is still continue.  Cliffhanger mission is quite troublemaker but np. 

It is out of topic but  how can bird hunter trophy less rare than beat bx time ? ?

Edited by seyhano

41 minutes ago, seyhano said:

Mission select recruit difficulty and inifinite ammo from intel menu will be easier and quicker to get trophy I think. I don't have it yet, progress is still continue.  Cliffhanger mission is quite troublemaker but np. 

It is out of topic but  how can bird hunter trophy less rare than beat bx time ? 1f636.png

Mate, infinite ammo will void the trophy, as will any other modifier unlocked collecting Intel. Don't waste your time;)

Bird hunter was moderately easy. I haven't even attempted these time runs yet, because it seems very daunting. Maybe I'll change my mind after giving a proper try, but I'm surprised so many people beat bx time. My best time playing 'naturally' is 47 seconds?

Edited by depresso-cat
Added my take on OOT question
  • Like 1

On 13.11.2020 at 2:24 PM, depresso-cat said:

Mate, infinite ammo will void the trophy, as will any other modifier unlocked collecting Intel. Don't waste your time;)

Bird hunter was moderately easy. I haven't even attempted these time runs yet, because it seems very daunting. Maybe I'll change my mind after giving a proper try, but I'm surprised so many people beat bx time. My best time playing 'naturally' is 47 seconds1f636.png

Really ? ? Thank you so much for the information. I thought I'd read and knew everything about the trophy. Waste of time... It was foolish of me. EDIT : ( I got plat ?)

I passed the bird hunter trophy on my first attempt. Beat bx time took 4 days and more than hundred attempts. Here my last attempt.

You will get it with practise. Thanks again for the info.

Edited by seyhano

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 02:39, terman8or said:

Ehi ragazzi, volevo spiegare chiaramente il trofeo Immortal in un video perché sentivo che era quello con cui le persone avevano più confusione.

I did not understand anything

Watch in the first few minutes of this video everything about the immortal trophy is explained in perfect mode:

• 2 months later...

Got this trophy today with no problems. Some helpful tips on this thread… and also some total misinformation that will make anyone reading this thread panic unnecessarily.

It does not matter if you commit friendly fire…I’m not sure where people are getting this nonsense from. Friendly fire is almost unavoidable because of the dumb ally A.I. so I hit them a few times (although never killed them). As long as you don’t get a fail screen for it you’re good. If you get a fail screen for committing friendly fire then restart the mission.

If you've done a run where you didn’t commit friendly fire and just so happen to get the trophy it was pure coincidence. The likelihood is that the trophy glitched for you or you did something wrong on your first playthrough like reloading a checkpoint.

If you fail or die you can restart the mission from scratch within the menu. You don’t have to save and quit and then go back to mission select.. Just don’t press 'reload checkpoint' and you're good.

No Russian mission does not count. I skipped it. Again, if you got the trophy when you did this mission on a run it was pure coincidence. 

I did it in order simply because it was easier to keep track that way and also because it mentioned that once you select a mission you overwrite progress. However, just because it overwrites progress that does not necessarily mean it does not remember when you’ve completed it without failing so I can’t confirm whether it made a difference or not. From what others have said it does not matter if you play the missions in order or not so I'm inclined to believe them.

I should mention I started my immortal playthrough on PS4, took a break from the game for a few months, then downloaded my save from the cloud to PS5 and there were no problems there either. Trophies pop immediately on PS5 as well.