RandyXL

Post your BEST S.S.D.D. time here!

141 posts in this topic

After going at it for 3 days, I finally got this trophy today with a time of 18.55.

G1LHfnP.jpg

When I first started I couldn't clear 35 secs.  After nearly an hour making almost no progress (got down to only 28 secs), I eventually figured out how to 'reload checkpoint' without screwing up my loadout, and then I ran the course above over and over for about a half hour, maybe a little more.  When I was able to easily keep reloading on the same course layout, my times plummeted.  I also found some advice online saying to melee a couple extra targets to ensure 200% accuracy (and a 10 sec bonus).  I hit 21-22 seconds repeatedly at that point, then had a great run where I finished in exactly 20 secs and was very disappointed I missed out by so little.  A few more decent runs in the 20 sec range mixed in with some reloads and then finally this run above.  As I mentioned in the video description, the pistols don't quick-aim well at all, so I had to slow down and pause for each shot, otherwise I'd miss the double hit or the entire target altogether.  Obviously slowing down didn't stop me from getting the trophy, but it was annoying.  I'm not as young as I used to be, but I don't have these aiming issues in modern shooters.  But maybe it's just me.  Oh well, at least now I can move on and play the rest of the game!

Btw, for anyone having trouble with reloading the checkpoint screwing up their loadout, what I did was right after the first part of the level (shooting range with the M4 and grenades), walk past Foley and make an immediate right and 2 tables down is a USP .45.  Grab that, then switch to your other gun and when you head down to the pit, immediately pick up the M9 when the soldier gets off the crates and opens them (its on the left side of the left-most crate, closest to where you enter 'The Pit').  If you're fast enough, you'll have both pistols in your loadout before the checkpoint is made when 'The Pit' doors first open.  The first time I went down to the pit, I didn't yet have the USP .45 and I didn't grab the M9 fast enough, so reloading lead to a long walk around the base to pick-up pistols.  When I reloaded the mission and picked up those pistols first, it made quick reloading very fast as it always put me right at 'The Pit' doors as they were opening with my dual-pistol loadout intact.  Hopefully that helps someone who was as confused as I was!

On 4/6/2020 at 6:13 AM, Wiskysin said:

19.60 was my best. I didn't try any further after I got the trophy, which probably took me close to 100 attempts. I'm pushing 40, so I'm gonna say that's good enough for me trying to do this with a controller. 1f60b.png 

Some of you have some ridiculously impressive times! I realize the spawns are important, but even when I'd get the perfect spawns, I would always seem like I'd get hung up on something, or one of my double/triple targets wouldn't land as intended. 

^^ This!  So this!  I spent about an hour and a half working on it, so when I finally got my time of 19.40, I was done, didn't bother trying again.  I completed this game 100% on Xbox 360 many years ago and I don't remember having any trouble with this course, or this game (or the other 2 in the Modern Warfare series) in general or any achievements.  But I was in my 20s back then, and I'm about the same age as you now and my reaction speed isn't what it used to be.  So I'm quite content with my time, lol

Edited by Matto_lsi

My daughter done it in 17.60! Well chuffed considering I struggle to get under 30 secs. Could've hugged her if she wasn't as stroppy as it was last trophy for plat!!!

got the trophy on a botched run of 19.6. quite overjoyed

19,07 but I don't understand one thing, I'll make some error when I get the trophy but other time I think is a perfect run and I get 20s... 

Posted (edited)

19.15 seconds with 171% Accuracy.

I had to upload it to YouTube for everyone to see it. 

#rageonyoursoul

Edited by rageonyoursoul
No reason

I got 18.80 sec (shows up as 18.79 sec in the Mission Select menu for some reason). Took me 2 days to get it, once I started using the AA-12 it got much easier.

https://streamable.com/4wdbqe

PT9BrrK.jpg

19.4, after MW1, TF2 and now this, I'll never go for a list that has something like this, f this

Just made 18.50sec to get the trophy and the platinum.

I'm not going to play this again any time soon. 😂

18.50, I was totally surprised but I aced the middle and final sector. This was hands down frustrating. Glad to get it over with and on to the platinum. 

This trophy is probably one of the worst I’ve ever dealt with. It has zero fun involved. isn’t skill based, and is dependent upon pure luck. I just deleted the game because developers adding lazy trophies like this aren’t fun. 

Best time is 19.80 - to anybody wanting to platinum this game I recommend you don’t even bother. When a poorly coded crash course is harder than the game’s hardest difficulty, you know they fucked up. Worst part is they had 10 years to fix it and still were too lazy to do so

Im at 26.20 sec 😂 tho it was only my third aftempt, But i’ll give an update when i beat it.